Royal Caribbean New Menus - Expected on all ships by end of February

On 1/10/2023 at 1:47 PM, Mikew0805 said:

Wrong.

I am boarding the Wonder on Sunday, and ours is a bit different. 

Wonder January 15, according to the app.

1. Welcome Aboard

2. French Night

3. Italian Night

4. Mexican Night

5. British Night

6. Caribbean Night

7. Royal Night

Attached British night menu from my app.

I'm curious if Royal Night will really be on the last night. I'm on the Wonder in March and my app shows the same. Seems surprising that Lobster would be on the last night. 

31 minutes ago, Mom*3 said:

I'm curious if Royal Night will really be on the last night. I'm on the Wonder in March and my app shows the same. Seems surprising that Lobster would be on the last night. 

Maybe menus have not been updated.  It looks like the 7th night menu of an 8 niter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Maybe menus have not been updated.  It looks like the 7th night menu of an 8 niter.

In this case for Jan 15, it is just a 7 night. I just checked again since according to mabunc above, theirs on the 22nd is different. It is odd to have the "Royal night" on the last night.

Of course this ship is currently on an 8 night, and as we all know their IT department is stellar, so I guess my menus for Sunday could somehow be bleeding over from the current sailing, and it will correct after w board on Sunday. We shall see. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mabunc said:

I'm boarding Wonder of the Seas on Jan 22

1. Welcome aboard

2. French Night

3. Italian Night

4. Mexican Night

5.Caribbean Night

6.Royal Night

7. Bon Voyage

I've seen the new menu posted by the royalcarribeanblog folks. I can't find the Bon Voyage menu. Does anyone have a copy if that? Thanks, 

~ I have read a lot of the post here . Some Positive , Some Not ! 

Must admit , When I saw ( Maryland Style Crab Cakes ) ~ I Laughed so hard that I'm still chuckling inside ... We joke that it was do to Us year's ago / That they took that name off of their Menu's ` and just had it listed as ( Crab Cake ) ~ Which it still a ongoing joke to us ! Being we are from Maryland ! An have a standard to be met when saying Maryland Crab Cake ! an seeing Old Bay on their Menu is going to make it that much more interesting on our upcoming cruise ! 

The New Style of Menu's reminds us of another cruise line that We have been on , However I'll leave them nameless as this is a RCCL site ! 

Looking threw the Menu's ... There's some I'm looking forward to trying , Where as there's a few days that I'll just say that We will probably just go to the Wind,Jammer ! 

Also I read on another thread here . Where they are putting limit's on ordering thing's ! Because People are ordering , However not eating them . Which in turn is leaving them with out for later Diner's ! ( Lobster Night ) being one of them ! 

If anyone here can confirm these changes , Please do ! 

Not that I'm a over eater . However I like My shrimp cocktail's ~ as Well as 2 Lobster's when available ! 

Hope Everyone's Having A Good New Year ! 

Sincerely : J.L.  

3 hours ago, Tatka said:

Do people really order additional Lobsters to eat later?!

What an unusual idea! 🙂

Do they keep and re-heat butter too?

Sometimes you get the add'l lobster with all of the trimmings as you would get the initial one.😆

2 hours ago, island lady said:

At the Pinnacle lunch just now on Jewel...the head chef announced that the new menus start for us next week.  Will be an interesting six night cruise.  😉   Happy we don't have any specialty restaurants booked...want to check it out.  

What was on the Pinnies lunch.   Disappointed with the D+ lunch with an Officer on the recent Oasis December sail.  No soup(s) and the steak was veiny and chewwy.  However, the Royal chocolate cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream was excellent.

Pax's were raving about the banana split dessert form the kiddie's menu, but alas no longer available in the new menu. 

3 hours ago, Tatka said:

Do people really order additional Lobsters to eat later?!

What an unusual idea! 🙂

Do they keep and re-heat butter too?

5 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Sometimes you get the add'l lobster with all of the trimmings as you would get the initial one.😆

Pre new menus on Navigator NYE cruise I asked for 2 Lobsters. They were the best I've had in years on a ship and no extra charge for the 2nd one. 

Lobster.jpg

8 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I know... but if you store it ... it will be cold, right?

For me frozen previously lobster (and this is already warm water lobster) is a huge downgrade.

Edited by Tatka

For us a WJ dinner is due to a late excursion or port or a longer cruise where we just want a night off from feeling the need to dress up.  I actually eat less these nights.  If we do the UDP we don’t even go into the WJ the entire cruise.  

On 1/12/2023 at 8:39 AM, poocher said:

Do we really have to characterize people who eat at the buffets as glutinous food wasters?  

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

For me frozen previously lobster (and this is already warm water lobster) is a huge downgrade.

The new lobster offering is supposed to be cold water lobster tails.  Oh and cold lobster is delicious.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, poocher said:

The new lobster offering is supposed to be cold water lobster tails.  Oh and cold lobster is delicious.

Yes, as a Lobster Roll.  Did multiple cruises with stops in Maine and took tours that stopped in Kennebunkport for lunch and one of those restaurants there, served delicious Lobster Rolls.  A bit expensive I might add.

3 hours ago, Tatka said:

Did someone say they were taking them to go or just ordering extra?

Edited by c-leg5

3 minutes ago, poocher said:

In Kennebunkport, the ONLY place to get a lobster roll is the Clam Shack next to the bridge!

I believe we dined to the restaurant next door.  To right, as you are facing the restaurants.

• Like 1