Royal Caribbean New Menus - Expected on all ships by end of February

We'll be on a 5 night Bermuda cruise how do they decide which menus to use? How far in advance will I know which menus are on which night?  I would like to know in advance so I can pre book and pay for a specialty restaurant before we sail.  Not even a garden salad listed on any of those days??  Why don't they just open an Indian restaurant if it's so popular. The new menus do not appeal to me at all not happy.

No Spaghetti Bolognese on Italian night that is weird.

Edited by Lorey2007
  • Like 1

Just now, Lorey2007 said:

We'll be on a 5 night Bermuda cruise how do they decide which menus to use? How far in advance will I know which menus are on which night?  I would like to know in advance so I can pre book and pay for a specialty restaurant before we sail.  Not even a garden salad listed on any of those days??  Why don't they just open an Indian restaurant if it's so popular. The new menus do not appeal to me at all not happy.

If it's like the old menu system it'll be the same order each cruise. Night 1's menu will always be night 1.

2 hours ago, Deeliteful said:

Think they look great. I’m sure I won’t starve. 
The only thing I would take exception to is the fillet of fish - what fish? I need to know what fish it is before I order. Only thing I can complain about, otherwise looks good to me.

Just be lucky that there are no bones in your fish. You will fall for the fresh fish, it is a fresh fillet of fresh fish. Did we tell you it was a fresh fillet? It is fresh, what more can you expect? Do you need a DNA analysis? I am not picky, it is not from a can, you are not picky, but, I "cannot swear where your 'fresh fillet of fish' originated from."

Please do not try to be factual about your fish origins, we are very fishy around the subject. 😁

I am disappointed in the children’s menu.  My two favorite items from that menu is missing - spaghetti bolognese and the banana split.  If it’s that way on our Harmony sailing next month it will definitely make my feedback report. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruiser 5452 said:

Really not impressed with the new menu.  Several nights there are no entree items that appeal to me at all.   Several nights my meal will consist of three appetizers and a dessert.  Windjammer is looking better than ever for Dinner.

I totally agree.  The new menus and the theme nights are ridiculous.  No shrimp cocktail, escargot or onion soup on a daily basis.  This change in all probability has nothing to do with shortening the time spent in the dining room.  It's l about cutting back. Royal will be saving at least 25% on each meal but none of the savings will be passed on to the passengers.  If I wanted to eat something that would be served at Applebee's, I can skip the cruise and save $400 a day.  If Royal doesn't reverse course on this ridiculous change, I will be canceling our family cruise in 2024 and pocket the cost of the six cabins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, SonuvaBeach said:

Is this the order for a 7 day cruise, with the Royal Menu the last night? Normally, the RoyalNight is the second to last night...just asking for a friend!

The first menu must be the first night as it has 'welcome aboard' at the top

Otherwise go to the app. Look up Symphony's current sailings. All the new menus will be listed there under day 1, day 2, etc etc 

23 minutes ago, sgmn said:

The first menu must be the first night as it has 'welcome aboard' at the top

Otherwise go to the app. Look up Symphony's current sailings. All the new menus will be listed there under day 1, day 2, etc etc 

I've just had a look at this weeks Symphony on the app, and it's in the following order. Obviously not sure if it will always be thus 

1 ...  welcome abroad 

2 ... French

3 ... Italian 

4 ... Caribbean 

5 ... Mexican 

6 ... Royal Night 

7 ... bon voyage (looks like the Mediterranean menu)

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Deeliteful said:

Think they look great. I’m sure I won’t starve. 
The only thing I would take exception to is the fillet of fish - what fish? I need to know what fish it is before I order. Only thing I can complain about, otherwise looks good to me.

It's easier for RCI to say "fish" so they can take advantage of whatever fish they can get on restock.  Of course you can always ask your waiter on fish night what it is...but do expect an "IDK" look.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Is there still a separate Vegan menu?

Have only ever been able to see that on the app.   Though I am sure they must have one available in paper if you ask...though I never have.  I do enjoy various items off the Vegan choices.  

Edited by island lady

9 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Ouch, try not to sugar coat your reply, just tell us how you feel about it. 🤮.   😁

I always find those comments about "post whoring" pretty silly.   OK...what exactly do you get if your post numbers are up?  Points, bonuses, "at a boy/girl".....what?  😉  😄  

Good grief, let people have their fun.  If you don't like the post number listed...don't look at it!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Have only ever been able to see that on the app.   Though I am sure they must have one available in paper if you ask...though I never have.  I do enjoy various items off the Vegan choices.  

I have enjoyed several items previously. I have seen both the App and had a paper copy on request.

I do not see a vegan menu listed on current Symphony App, perhaps it has not been fully updated.

• Like 1

I like the new menus! I like the variety all around, and especially the posted Indian food options which I've often wanted to try, but never did. Now we can order one and share it, and if we don't enjoy it, there's no harm. We like trying new things.

Youngest son is thrilled to see Baked Alaska on the menu one night too. It's been a family tradition for Christmas dinner every year since we sailed in Alaska in 2018.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

No Spaghetti Bolognese on Italian night that is weird.

First night and Mexican night🤣

Also, no escargot on French night. 

1 hour ago, TwinMamainMN said:

I like the new menus! I like the variety all around, and especially the posted Indian food options which I've often wanted to try, but never did. Now we can order one and share it, and if we don't enjoy it, there's no harm. We like trying new things.

Youngest son is thrilled to see Baked Alaska on the menu one night too. It's been a family tradition for Christmas dinner every year since we sailed in Alaska in 2018.

Do you realize that there was variety on the present menu.  The only items were the 4 entrees in the classic side remained constant. The classic was a fallback for diners thst did not like the entrees on certain nights. 

By the way baked Alaska is on the present menu also.  You would have liked the old way of waiters carrying or placing the on fire baked Alaska as they traipsed and danced in the MDR.