Royal Caribbean New Menus - Expected on all ships by end of February

I say this as someone who has never ordered an entree from the classics section and will probably have no problem with the new menus.  

I find it difficult to believe there have been more people ordering Indian "off menu" than any of the classic options.  It just doesn't make sense that they aren't offering a simple option for all of the pickier eaters out there.  It will be interesting to hear as they roll out the menus if it perhaps is possible to order a simple, unsauced chicken breast for example even if it's not on the menu.  

• Like 3

Well, I never ate the classic items.  The new menu, is good.  The old menu was old and tired, and around way too long.  There is no such thing as a "good" menu when you serve that many people, but I always find it good.  I'm pretty sure, this "new" menu is not so new, but rather a rebirth of an old menu with the ideas of different theme nights.  Yes, maybe some of it was changed, but this is not all that new.  A picky eater is just a person, not exposed to foods from multiple cultures.  But the ship does have the windjammer.  

• Like 6

Think they look great. I’m sure I won’t starve. 
The only thing I would take exception to is the fillet of fish - what fish? I need to know what fish it is before I order. Only thing I can complain about, otherwise looks good to me.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

A picky eater is just a person, not exposed to foods from multiple cultures.  But the ship does have the windjammer.  

That's quite an attitude to take. As a person who eats almost anything, love spice and variety and has extremely picky children, this just doesn't ring true. Some people are super tasters. Some people have allergies. I am adventurous with food, but it's very important when developing menus that feed thousands of people weekly to have a path for those with limited diets....for whatever reason.

On a separate note, do we know if they're reformulating any of the specialty dining menus? I'll confess I was just a little bored on our last sailing and would love to see changes. Our Chef's table meal had the exact same menu in 2022 as it did in 2017 (had photos of the menu to compare). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really liked the old menu from previous cruise but willing to give this a chance (what choice do I have except to pay for a dining package, lol).  Doesn't look bad at all but "Italian" night looks a little underwhelming.  That would be the one I'm least looking forward to.

24 minutes ago, Exuma Girl said:

Loving the Indian Food option every night. 

+1

although it was always available just not listed. They have tried this before though so it is nothing new just a recycled idea! Bringing back a salad entree would be good too.

5 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Why is there Indian food on French Night, Mexican Night, Caribbean Night, Mediterranean Night, etc. taking up valuable menu space?

Glad the Indian alternative has been listed again (as it used to). Agree the menu titles are pretty meaningless but then so were the “herb” series.

I guess someone in marketing has to show some creativity from time to time. They could call them Day 1, Day 2 etc.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thanks very much, will help deciding what nights to do speciality or book Solarium.  I wonder if it's going to be the same in the Med this summer 

Looks like they've cut back on the kids menu. 

Where’s the banana split!!

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thanks very much, will help deciding what nights to do speciality or book Solarium.  I wonder if it's going to be the same in the Med this summer 

Looks like they've cut back on the kids menu. 

On reasons I enjoy doing 10+ niters they bring out other Menus. Hopefully will be same as hate if they were to start repeating every 7 nites

1 hour ago, JT1962 said:

Looks much better than anticipated. Plenty of choices and everyone should be able to find something of interest.

Right?? Yeah I've tried the old menu several times and my taste buds just DID NOT like everything! And yes maybe less options but I see something EVERY NIGHT now worth choosing!!

• Like 1