Royal Caribbean New Menus - Expected on all ships by end of February

My wife is celiac and has various other high residue foods which she cannot digest.

On previous cruises the head waiter (or sometimes  our regular waiter) would bring round the next nights menu so she could choose something and have it modified to suit. Occasionally there would be nothing on the menu she wanted and would just order something else totally off menu which they were always happy to make for her.

Can anyone WITH A DIETARY ISSUE confirm that with the new menu regime it is still possible to do this ? 

My wife has such a restricted diet that I know for sure looking at the new menus there will be nights when she will have to try to order something entirely separate.

If this is now not possible it will unfortunately be cancel all remaining cruises time because I refuse to spend all that money and not be able to get my wife something to eat in the MDR. 

And I know we could go to the windjammer but we could well encounter the same problem.

The MDR has always been fantastic in the past at accommodating us.

• Like 1

It would seem logical that medical dietary restrictions would have to be accommodated even if they are trying to cut down on non medically necessary requests.  You know the kind “I’ll have the salmon but could I get a horseradish sauce instead of the butter and could you grill it instead of sautéing it oh and I really don’t like salmon so could you substitute sole?”  🙄

22 hours ago, shofer said:

This is not new.  We cruised on Grandeur in 2006 and they had different "nights". And lobster was free.

I meant all the Indian dishes. 🤣

I live in New Mexico, I can have enchiladas anytime. Butter chicken on the other hand...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I can't find it anywhere for my September Allure...where did you?

May not be up yet for September, I don't know...

I go to my app, the little ship on top, dining, main dining, selected "american icon grill" deck 3, clicked "menu" and then I can choose which day at the bottom. 

On 1/17/2023 at 6:16 PM, ChC said:

I am in the camp of 'oh dear the sky is falling'. To me, RCL should be competing with Princess or HAL, not Costa Cruises. 

RCI's competition is not HAL! Their primary competition is CCL, NCL, MSC. RCI is a mass market cruise line, and nothing more.

On 1/19/2023 at 7:09 PM, cruiseboy89130 said:

Come on "English night" fish and ships the highlight!

What's next?

"Taco Bell night"?

Just off Wonder.. Taco Bell would be an upgrade compared to "Mexican Night" in the MDR.

On 1/20/2023 at 11:20 AM, nelblu said:

You think that is bad, wait until some posters find out that the Banana Split dessert is no longer on the kiddie's menu.😆

It is still available in CK (for now) and it was good!

2 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

May not be up yet for September, I don't know...

I go to my app, the little ship on top, dining, main dining, selected "american icon grill" deck 3, clicked "menu" and then I can choose which day at the bottom. 

I did the same but all it would show was the Kid's Menu...BTW I found a pic of the pizza I was telling about

Caribbean Dream pizza from Sorrentos.HEIC

I, too, will comment on the vegetarian food. The previous had at least 3 mains I could choose from (1 vegetarian and 2 vegan). Now, 4 out of the 7 menus have only 1 vegan main and no vegetarian main, so me and everyone else at my table will have to eat the same thing whether they like it at all when we used to have 3 choices?! (I do note, Italian night has 2 vegetarian mains and 5 vegetarian appetizers)!

And now that they have Indian on the menu every night, does that mean there is no hidden Indian menu to order off? You used to be able to order vegetarian Indian every night but I'm not sure if you can anymore. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 6:56 AM, hoebo said:

We are booked on Voyager (3/5-12). Not sure how to feel about the new menu format.  I can find an entree or two on each menu that appeals to me. My wife, on the other hand, seems to have a issue w/the offerings on a couple nights. Prior to getting the news about the new menu concept, I had booked two nights @ specialty restaurants.

Here’s my question ~~ Is there any way to tell which menu is offered on which night prior to sailing ? That knowledge will help me to alter my specialty restaurant reservations to avoid the MDR on nights when the menu might not appeal to my lovely wife.

The menu each day will be showing on the app, just go to dining to locate them. The menu will shuffle around up until a week or so before the cruise before it's finalized. 

Not thrilled about the new menus.  I believe they should have kept the classic options for all night or at least the Salmon and chicken.  There is several nights nothing appeals to me and other nights I like several things.  

• Like 1

WE just got off Odyssey of the seas this past Sunday and they do have the new menus each night....We were disappointed with the meal served for meal with an officer for Pinnacles. This is the second time they served strip steak as a choice and rather than Filet  Mignon which was always a choice on previous meals. Certainly a let down...............................

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, nelblu said:

The itinerary is like Oasis and it would be the 6th night.

1 hour ago, DONVIC said:

what night is Royal Night on 7 day Anthem of the Seas cruise?

Yeah, we're on the Anthem in March with their stops at Port Canaveral, Nassau and Coco Cay nights 3,4,5 respectively which makes it easy to know the second "formal night" will be night 6.  Wasn't sure if Anthem had other variable itineraries

13 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Yeah, we're on the Anthem in March with their stops at Port Canaveral, Nassau and Coco Cay nights 3,4,5 respectively which makes it easy to know the second "formal night" will be night 6.  Wasn't sure if Anthem had other variable itineraries

The 7 niter usually has the same port stops.  I'm on the 8 niter February 4th sail and includes Miami.

Then I have a similar 8 niter in February of '24 and Miami is missing, however and extra day at sea before PC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jamon said:

WE just got off Odyssey of the seas this past Sunday and they do have the new menus each night....We were disappointed with the meal served for meal with an officer for Pinnacles. This is the second time they served strip steak as a choice and rather than Filet  Mignon which was always a choice on previous meals. Certainly a let down...............................

Besides the Meal with an Officer, how was the food on the Odyssey otherwise?   How did you find the food on the new menus?

I'm just glad I have a cruise booked in March with a small group of 5 so I can prepare my extended family for the Alaskan cruise we have booked in July (with 16 family members spread among 6 balcony cabins).

Hopefully we walk away from the Anthem in March feeling ok about the new menus, so I don' t need to be the bearer of bad news for our special (and dang expensive) July Alaskan cruise.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I'm just glad I have a cruise booked in March with a small group of 5 so I can prepare my extended family for the Alaskan cruise we have booked in July (with 16 family members spread among 6 balcony cabins).

Hopefully we walk away from the Anthem in March feeling ok about the new menus, so I don' t need to be the bearer of bad news for our special (and dang expensive) July Alaskan cruise.

Try and remain positive until your own eyes and tastebuds go onboard. Please report back when you do. I have three cruises this year and I am hoping for the best.

• Like 2

Thanks for the video link.

It kinda confirms one of my concerns - having vegetables available.

Each meal looks heavy on carbs with not much veg.  In seven days, I would start craving more green vegetables.  I.e. more than two slices of carrots and one piece of broccoli.  No mention or ordering sides of vegetables.  The few salad offering are not very nutritious.

5 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Thanks for the video link.

It kinda confirms one of my concerns - having vegetables available.

Each meal looks heavy on carbs with not much veg.  In seven days, I would start craving more green vegetables.  I.e. more than two slices of carrots and one piece of broccoli.  No mention or ordering sides of vegetables.  The few salad offering are not very nutritious.

This is nothing new. - it has always been a problem. You can ask for extra plate of vegetables.  

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

This is nothing new. - it has always been a problem. You can ask for extra plate of vegetables.  

One thing that I noticed how empty the dining rooms were.  Also, as comparison regarding timeframe they should have compared the times between the old and new menus using the same ordering standards.

Ps.  The lobster tail did not look any bigger than the warm water ones.