Is getting an Uber on embarkation and debarkation days difficult?

TiggerLuv2Cruise

38 minutes ago, TiggerLuv2Cruise said:

We were assuming we would need either 2 or 3 cars with the 12 of us,  (Uber XL maybe?) but will all the luggage increase that?

Maybe 3 or 4 cars, since it's a bit of a crapshoot.  

When we requested our ride from Cocoa FL to Port Canaveral for 3 of us plus luggage, the driver had.....a Honda Fit.   😮  

We were able to, err, "fit" it all in, but we had to carry some smaller items on our laps.  

5 minutes ago, Pellaz said:

Maybe 3 or 4 cars, since it's a bit of a crapshoot.  

When we requested our ride from Cocoa FL to Port Canaveral for 3 of us plus luggage, the driver had.....a Honda Fit.   😮  

We were able to, err, "fit" it all in, but we had to carry some smaller items on our laps.  

Recently returned to Miami on Horizon and Uber is easy to get.  However, the four of us were able to get in one XL car by holding backpacks on our laps. Four friends were told they could not hold any items and had to call another car. I personally think that first driver should have been reported.

• Like 1

With that many people and luggage, I would recommend planning private transportation. This way you all stay together, bags stay together, and it can be planned much easier. You could do 3 or 4 Uber XLs, but they would arrive and drop off at different times. It could also be delays on them getting all of you.

I think it depends on what you want to do as a group.

• Like 1

I’m not sure where the horizon is currently, but there’s no way I’d want to chance that many people to an Uber. If you go to the section of cruise critic that is for your specific embarkation port, you’ll see all kids of recommendations for shared shuttle services and I’d start there. Those companies have small shuttle buses and large passenger vans that can accommodate all of you guys together. I’m not sure what your flight situation is, but I’d sure not rely on Uber for that many people if I were in a hurry. 

I will say this as a long time resident of the Port Canaveral area, we don't have a lot of Uber's

This is a small town with a large port.

They can be costly due to surge pricing at times

Is Horizon out of PC right now? I dunno, but there's my 2 cents on it for PC

Never had a problem getting an Uber on Embarkation day, but we usually stay in Miami Beach.  You would definitely need 2+ though, so not sure it's the best option.

We usually book the Miami tour with airport drop-off for debarkation day, so not sure, but I can't imagine it would be hard to get one.  Pricey, yes.  

I would probably second the private transportation idea, book a large taxi van or something.  All things considered, pricing probably won't be too different, and less hassle.

Edited by StephPS79