Civitavecchia Hotels

Jancruz

Has anyone stayed in Civitavecchia while waitng for the ship..We will be on Vista May 6 - 13 and prefer to stay near the port..

does anyone have a really nice hotel they stayed at there??

If we stay in Rome it will be at Hotel Art or Corso Boutique..has anyone stayed at either

..I have been in Rome many times but like to change hotels to preview them..

Thanks,

Janncruz1

Edited by Jancruz

44 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Has anyone stayed in Civitavecchia while waitng for the ship..We will be on Vista May 6 - 13 and prefer to stay near the port..

does anyone have a really nice hotel they stayed at there??

If we stay in Rome it will be at Hotel Art or Corso Boutique..has anyone stayed at either

..I have been in Rome many times but like to change hotels to preview them..

Thanks,

Janncruz1

Is the May 6 cruise a special event?

26 minutes ago, Sailor Sam 407 said:

We highly recommend Casa sul Mare. It’s a B&B directly across from the terminal.

We recommend this also-stayed there this past May

13 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Thank you both..are there restaurants around?? And maybe something to see??

Thanks,

Jancruz1

Space not available, any other suggestions??

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

Jan, just another suggestion.  If you don’t want to go into Rome pre cruise, the archeological sites near the airport are really worth a visit and much more interesting than anything we’ve seen in Civitavecchia.  The Hilton at the airport is really convenient too.  It’s attached to FCO,  just drag your luggage across the raised walkway.  There is plenty of transport from the hotel to the port.

Also, Ostia Antica is at most a 10 min Uber from the Hilton.  Excellent archeological site.  There is a fantastic Rick Steves Audio Europe walk of the ruins.  After the ruins, you can take the train from the Ostia Antica stop into town and the beach in Ostia.  It’s only a stop or two.  We didn’t eat there but we saw numerous restaurants and beach clubs.

Good luck with planning and enjoy Vista!!!

1 hour ago, the more ports the better said:

Jan, just another suggestion.  If you don’t want to go into Rome pre cruise, the archeological sites near the airport are really worth a visit and much more interesting than anything we’ve seen in Civitavecchia.  The Hilton at the airport is really convenient too.  It’s attached to FCO,  just drag your luggage across the raised walkway.  There is plenty of transport from the hotel to the port.

Also, Ostia Antica is at most a 10 min Uber from the Hilton.  Excellent archeological site.  There is a fantastic Rick Steves Audio Europe walk of the ruins.  After the ruins, you can take the train from the Ostia Antica stop into town and the beach in Ostia.  It’s only a stop or two.  We didn’t eat there but we saw numerous restaurants and beach clubs.

Good luck with planning and enjoy Vista!!!

Thank you sounds great but ..unfortunately at our age thats a little to hard for us.. I am still checking out both places..in hopes of finding something great

Jancruz1

We’ve enjoyed Hotel San Giorgio twice before embarking on cruises.

It’s located on the street fronting the beach & easy for us to walk around Civitavecchia including picking up our favorite Italian wines. In my opinion there’s not much to do in town but it’s nice to not have to travel to the port on embarkation day. First time we took the train from Roma Termini station but preferred going by shuttle van the second time.

40 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

Astro Flyer and Ibis

The hotel looks lovely and is everything we want..

I have written them and will wait to hear back..

Thanks so much for the help

One question was there an elevator?

Jancruz1

There are elevators to the rooms from the lobby & also from street level for bags or anyone who doesn’t want to walk up the stairs to the lobby. Like Ibis we enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We’ve had both the single level & two level room with the bed upstairs.

Hopefully you’re weathering these storms okay like we are in eastern VC.

16D08B42-2C24-4785-B40B-F5B8847DA2B3.jpeg

14F224F8-6661-435A-A9F3-146CBBB45124.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

I too stayed at the Hotel San Giorgio.  It was very nice.  Also had a wonderful dinner there the night before our cruise.

Had the two level room on our stay.  Only drawback is that the bathroom is downstairs.

Nice balcony and rate includes transfer to the port.

Terri

We too stayed at the San Giorgio, back in 2011, before a TA. At that time they offered a package that included a pickup from Rome airport as well as transport to the ship on day of embarkation. At FCO we were met by a driver and had the car to ourselves. Since several others on our cruise were staying there they hosted a nice cocktail reception for the group. Transport to the ship was in a bus for all. The hotel itself is nothing special, but it is well located and filled the bill nicely for us on our one stay.

Edited by NYAS

2 minutes ago, NYAS said:

We too stayed at the San Giorgio, back in 2011, before a TA. At that time they offered a package that included a pickup from Rome airport as well as transport to the ship on day of embarkation. At FCO we were met by a driver and had the car to ourselves. Since several others on our cruise were staying there they hosted a nice cocktail reception for the group. Transport to the shop was in a bus for all. The hotel itself is nothing special, but it is well located and filled the bill nicely for us on our one stay.

I've not stayed at that hotel (I stayed just around the corner from it) it is a very good location pre-cruise.  I will also say, IMO two nights in Civi is more than enough, there really is nothing to see/do there, thus, again IMO, spending a lot of $$ on a hotel is just not worth it. 

• Like 1

Jan, there is a bit of a discussion happening on the Founders Cruise Roll Call about accomodation pre- cruise. 

We are staying at Santa Marinella at the Hotel Villa Delle Palme which looks lovely - about 10 miles south of Civitavecchia. The village is right on the waterfront. The hotel has arranged a transfer from FCO for €150.

18 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Thank you both..are there restaurants around?? And maybe something to see??

Thanks,

Jancruz1

Hi, Jan! We highly recommend Pamela Marchetti as a tour guide in Civitavecchia, if you are lucky enough to catch her when she has availability. We did a walking food and history tour with her in August. By the end of the da, we felt like old friends! She is on FB, so you can message her. Looking forward to meeting your daughter soon on the Riviera!

Hi everyone and Thank you..

I have had no luck with any hotel in Civitavecchia..they either are booked or have stairs which I can no longer walk..so I am ending up staying in Rome..not my first choice but who can turn down Rome??

LOL

Thank you all for the help on an area I did not know..much appreciated!

Jancruz1

To others considering staying in Civitavecchia, there have been more than a few report on the Italy forum about San Giorgio. I would suggest reading them before making a decision to book there.

There are not any great options in Civi, and there is not much to do. Far better to stay in Rome. At least one can be assured of a great meal somewhere and (for those up to it) there is always something new to be seen. I've been there about 20 times -- still can easily find new things to do.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Jan -- if you are doing some touring in Rome, consider a tour by Golf cart.   They will go to all of the good spot and can go down the lanes and other areas that cars cannot access.   Cuts down on the walking.

Paul,

I just looked up Golf Cart Tours and there are several and they look wonderful..but there are several companies that do them, do you have a favorite?? or who do you suggest??

Thanks,

Jancruz1