Premium WiFi voucher- How’s it working out?

FirstTeacher

I followed the long discussion about the $9.99 Premium WiFi Voucher upgrade. The debate was how Celebrity’s wording would be interpreted once on-board: Was it $9.99 per package (as the title seemed to imply) or $9.99 per day (as the fine print explained). (I see now that they’re very clear that the current voucher is now $15 per day.)

My question is for those who have cruised recently and tried to use the voucher. How is it working out? If you tried to push for the better deal, how did they respond? Also, did you have to go to the IT center to get it started?

Someone else posted that they were on a B2B and had purchased a $9,99 voucher for both legs.  On the ship they were told it was $9,99 per day ultimately they got the upgrade for $9,99 for the first leg but they had to pay the regular upgrade price less any CC discount.

1 hour ago, kero549 said:

Worked perfectly for us. We just connected once onboard and we where automatically connected to the primium wifi. Now on day 9 and still connected to primium wifi on the $9.99 upgrade for the entire sailing. 

Did you have to go someone to get voucher for premium? I pre purchased it. So when I get on the ship, what do I do?

1 hour ago, Linda W. said:

Where do you get the voucher??

Nevermind.  Didn't find the "voucher" but on the cruise planner found the upgrade to premium wi-fi for $15.00/day.  BUT on the FAQ for celebrity wi-fi found you can call pre-cruise and get it for $13.00/day and they will look up your captains points and then give you that discount in addition.  So glad I snooped around!  A friend is on the Silhouette now and has the basic wi-fi package.  She tried to call me on Facebook unsuccessfully which prompted me to start searching.  I'm thinking (maybe wrong so don't beat me up) it's not like the basic USED to be where you could wi-fi video call so I'm glad I went ahead and got it.

3 hours ago, mikeysed said:

Did you have to go someone to get voucher for premium? I pre purchased it. So when I get on the ship, what do I do?

No we just followed the log in instructions and we where automatically connected to the primium wifi package. 

We used ours on a recent 10 night sailing. When we first logged in premium internet was an option on the screen. We chose that and nothing else needed to be done. (No voucher to take to the ilounge as listed on the website)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You wonder if someone got fired for the mistake...I purchase 7 of them

Or perhaps Celebrity has not figured out what is really happening if it is all system generated.  
what it says and how it “worked” is not necessarily the same.

Just curious if you would have purchased the premium internet without this “deal”? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 7:52 PM, jagoffee said:

Or perhaps Celebrity has not figured out what is really happening if it is all system generated.  
what it says and how it “worked” is not necessarily the same.

Just curious if you would have purchased the premium internet without this “deal”? 

Not sure what you’re saying in the top two sentences so I’ll just answer anything’s possible

I did purchase the premium Wi-Fi, then I bought the $10/sailing voucher, called X to cancel the premium.  Went on board with the voucher only with extremely low expectations that the give us premium Wi-Fi all sailing long for $10.  The voucher wouldn’t work without basic but once I bought basic it was upgraded to premium after visiting the internet manager

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased it too- in good faith that it was a legitimate sale. By the next day or two, it was gone (from sale, but in my account.) My question is: Do i need to print anything out or take the barcode, etc? Or is it ‘in the system’ when i board?

We are complete X newbies and the whole What to Do or Have Before We Board is somewhat mysterious. Never even got an email telling me to online check in, although you all had said to, and I  certainly get ALL the advertisements. 

On 1/10/2023 at 8:16 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

You wonder if someone got fired for the mistake...I purchase 7 of them

If someone's job was in jeopardy, it was probably saved by the famous cabin pricing error that soon followed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/10/2023 at 5:51 AM, kero549 said:

Worked perfectly for us. We just connected once onboard and we where automatically connected to the primium wifi. Now on day 9 and still connected to primium wifi on the $9.99 upgrade for the entire sailing. 

Same for me!  Connected to premium automatically.

I'm still on the Constellation. I bought the $9.99 premium wifi upgrade in December, then purchased basic wifi before the cruise in January with the Captain's Club. I got the elite discount on the basic wifi package. I've had premium wifi for the entire voyage. Total cost for 11 nights was approximately $142 ($9.99 for premium upgrade plus $12 x11 for basic). I was able to login once on board. My account showed premium wifi for the entire voyage. 

This is the first time I've sailed since 2016. I've been quite happy with the speed of the wifi. I've been able to send pics and videos to the kids, most of the time. The video uploads only seem to work if they're 20 seconds or less. 

Edited by boulders
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...

I had to wait 11 months to post this:

My wife and I also purchased the premium wi-fi upgrade voucher for only $9.99 for the entire Dec 22 2023 Solstice 12 night sailing.

Well we finally boarded the ship in Singapore two days ago and when we established our internet account, we had the premium wi-fi already set up for us and ready to go (top box) with no additional charges.

IMG_2713.thumb.png.66130bb453f13885d80aa8a2b898bd2f.png

Once on board, the upgrade from basic to premium wi-fi is being offered to All Included guests for $7.99/day.  So we saved $172.

Untitled-822.thumb.jpeg.691c53443490dab65c2d37418ca0eb5b.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc