Luminae Menu cutbacks?

Cruising Princess

18 hours ago, CruiseRQA said:

According to actual business reports (Value Line for one),  RCL as a company has record bookings at record prices for 2023 so what should Celebrity conclude other than the people are happy with the product? 

More likely the same thing that has seen a record upsurgence in flight bookings. People are both cashed up after covid lockdowns, and keen to travel to make up for the lost opportunities.

Unless you really think people are happy with the flight product?

• Like 1

We will be on the Equinox in June and when looking at the app I found a few notable changes in the Luminae menu vs the Reflection menu last year. Embarkation lunch has a Crab Cake sandwich replacing the old traditional lobster roll. The embarkation dinner has a sirloin instead of a Fillet (the fillet does show up later in the week). One big change is the Surf and Turf is now Scallops and Turf which is described as seared scallops and Pork Belly. I could not find any rack of lamb which we had last year and I think sliced lamb loin is now the only lamb on our menu for June. At least none of the Luminae menus had any tilapia or pork and beans which show up in the MDR on our cruise.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We will be on the Equinox in June and when looking at the app I found a few notable changes in the Luminae menu vs the Reflection menu last year. Embarkation lunch has a Crab Cake sandwich replacing the old traditional lobster roll. The embarkation dinner has a sirloin instead of a Fillet (the fillet does show up later in the week). One big change is the Surf and Turf is now Scallops and Turf which is described as seared scallops and Pork Belly. I could not find any rack of lamb which we had last year and I think sliced lamb loin is now the only lamb on our menu for June. At least none of the Luminae menus had any tilapia or pork and beans which show up in the MDR on our cruise.

For our 1/29 Beyond sailing, rack of lamb shows on Day 6. Loin on day 3. 

With all the apparent changes going on, I’m not sure the app is accurate, we will soon see. 

mac_tlc

• Like 3

With all the apparent changes going on, I’m not sure the app is accurate, we will soon see. 

mac_tlc

Last week on the Beyond we had both types of lamb mentioned.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sptrout said:

mac_tlc

Last week on the Beyond we had both types of lamb mentioned.

Our app for the Equinox shows the lamb loin on both day 3 and day 4.

1 minute ago, sptrout said:

I think that the rack of lamb was either on the last "chic" night or the last night (#7) I do not remember if they were on the App or not, I usually did not look at the menus on the App so I would be surprised,

In 2021 we had the rack of lamb on the Equinox in the Luminae and it was much better than the same rack of lamb we had in Murano. The service in Luminae was also much better in Luminae than Murano.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sptrout said:

I think that the rack of lamb was either on the last "chic" night or the last night (#7) I do not remeber if they were on the App or not, I usually did not look at the menus on the App so I would be surprised,

It's 10:18 and I have no idea what I'm having for lunch today, the thought of wondering what's on the menu on my cruise in May...this does not compute

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

It's 10:18 and I have no idea what I'm having for lunch today, the thought of wondering what's on the menu on my cruise in May...this does not compute

I only looked because of this thread,🤣 not too worried as we will be well fed in Luminae.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RichYak said:

The only filet I can recall being available everyday in Luminae was the 4oz version from the kids menu. To my recollection, the beef on the timeless classics menu has been sirloin.

I have to agree with you Rick.  They never had the Filet on the anytime menu.  The anytime menu was the same available in all restaurants -  The Beef selection was a NY.    From what I recall Blu had one or two others including a Beyond Burger.

image.thumb.png.9895691fbbbce9c95a11e0f28669745b.png

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, sptrout said:

I think that the rack of lamb was either on the last "chic" night or the last night (#7) I do not remeber if they were on the App or not, I usually did not look at the menus on the App so I would be surprised,

Our last B2B in December  they had Rack of Lamb on last Chic night.   I just looked at Apex (current cruise) and they still have it on Last Chic night.   I will be sailing on her in April and had a look yesterday.

Edited by Jim_Iain

12 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Next month, you're going to have to decide whether or not to pay for those meals you'll have in May. Isn't it good to know what you're paying for? Or overpaying for?

• Like 2

On 1/18/2023 at 6:55 AM, Cruising Princess said:

When we were on the Beyond in December we noticed they made significant changes to the suite lunch and dinner menus. Not all good changes. We were told they made these changes on all of the E-class ships.

I’m curious to know what the changes were that you noticed in December. Can you give a few examples of what you noticed?

43 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Next month, you're going to have to decide whether or not to pay for those meals you'll have in May. Isn't it good to know what you're paying for? Or overpaying for?

Oh but I am finally getting wise, my May cruise is on Oceania, remains to be seen if they make such cuts

• Haha 2

On 1/18/2023 at 1:38 PM, TeeRick said:

WCB is my favorite.  I will be sure to say hello to Hendri.

The menu has changed a bit.  Strawberry Fields is off the menu, as is the drink that tastes like a margarita.  The run old fashioned is still there, as is the Celebrity Ten.  Hendri has invented a coffee martini called an Aroma.  It's the bomb.   He'll give you the recipe in the class.  It's off menu but he'll be happy to make it for you.

Edited by marieps

On 1/19/2023 at 8:17 AM, terrydtx said:

We had both the lamb loin (outstanding!) and rack of lamb on Silhouette in December. The lobster roll was available but I also like the sound of the crab cakes. 

On 1/18/2023 at 6:34 PM, satxutcruiser said:

Is the Filet no longer part of the classics menu every night in Luminae? It was previously part of the four classics you could always order for dinner (one was chicken breast, one was a filet, can't remember the other two).

There was a filet available every night on the Apex TA in November, hopefully will still be available on the one this April.  It was NOT part of the anytime menu, but the wait staff made sure we knew about it.  Also available was a pasta dish each night.

Edited by Gracie115
  • Like 2

On 1/19/2023 at 6:29 AM, Treasure Hunter said:

No filet in classics. Chicken breast, Salmon, and NY Strip . The steak is grey, thin and tasteless with some kind of au jus. It reminded me of the line in the movie Meatballs ( mystery meat). Basically the appetizers and desserts are very good ( had a delicious Burrata cheese and tomato appetizer last night) the mains poor. My chunk of Duck was hard, over cooked and tasteless with no sauce or glaze. So now we order four appetizers and if the main is bad at least we’re ok. And that’s Luminae! By the way the ship is packed. All suites sold out. Great service. 

Thank you for your post. Guests who post are very helpful to acquire an accurate assessment of the changes to Celebrity. 

I note that numerous people state they have moved to the specialities, not Luminae, because of the cut backs.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 9:17 AM, terrydtx said:

Our upcoming March sailing on Beyond, for embarkation lunch, there are chicken, chicken, halibut, veggie ravioli, Luminae burger, and Cobb salad. That’s very sad. No steak, or terrible lobster roll, or crab cake sammich 

3 minutes ago, Moochi said:

Our upcoming March sailing on Beyond, for embarkation lunch, there are chicken, chicken, halibut, veggie ravioli, Luminae burger, and Cobb salad. That’s very sad. No steak, or terrible lobster roll, or crab cake sammich 

It's only January a lot can change between now and March.