Food and dining on P&O ships

Tablelamp

3 hours ago, Bin man said:

Just re-read email inviting to book dinning .Scrolled down to last bit after getting to excited and seems to imply two weeks before for MDR freedom dinning so why do they send the email inviting you to book.log onto your personaliser and booking for mdr are open but won't let you finish your basket bookings so I guess it is two weeks .Bar humbug !

No it’s gone to 120 days. We booked for ours in 4 weeks time.

I have to admit, as an old fashioned cruiser, I don't much care for this booking so far ahead malarkey!

I've just been looking at the options for our June cruise and it would appear that bookings for the 'included' options are only open until 6.30pm?  I assume that if you want to dine later it will be a case of joining the virtual queue once onboard?  I had an Olive Grove booking in my basket that got taken while I was looking at the rest of the options!

I sailed on Arvia in February and did not like the booking carry on , We found it not too bad if we had pager so could get by , it was the likes of some venues were booked fully for the two weeks , still we have booked again for next March and will book in advance 710 club etc , anybody know when these can be booked please 

Update on booking mdr.Arvia Left my order in basket and tried to checkout this morning 8.45am and it worked confirming  times and restaurant with email .Noticed 1 night was missing so input this morning and it worked as it was the first night only 2 times were available 5.30 or 5.45 

Ok, now this is getting confusing...I got the 'book dining now' type email last night for Iona ; clicked through and had a quick glance, but as I was busy decided to look again today.

Today is here, and that has all changed to the 'coming soon' scenario.

Anyone else had this?

Edited by alpha whiskey

11 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Ok, now this is getting confusing...I got the 'book dining now' type email last night for Iona ; clicked through and had a quick glance, but as I was busy decided to look again today.

Today is here, and that has all changed to the 'coming soon' scenario.

Anyone else had this?

Yes, me. I haven’t received an email but when I look at my booking, the MDRs say no need to book. Sindhu and Beach House say book now but when I click, it say’s coming soon’. I have managed to book the Norwegian tasting menu.

2 minutes ago, Leomins said:

Yes, me. I haven’t received an email but when I look at my booking, the MDRs say no need to book. Sindhu and Beach House say book now but when I click, it say’s coming soon’. I have managed to book the Norwegian tasting menu.

You are doing slightly better than me!

Sindu, Epicurean, Beach House won't even let me click ...greyed out with 'coming soon'

Damn, knew I should have done it last night!

We recieved an email fromP&O yesterday sying that booking for dining on our Aurora cruise on 3rd. June was open, but on cruise personaliser it still says 'Coming soon', How long before sailing can you book restaurants?

Just had the following email from P&O:

Important information about Dining

We’re writing to you regarding some important information relating to your upcoming cruise. 

We’re sorry to inform you that we’ve been experiencing some issues with our dining booking system in My P&O Cruises. If you’ve tried to make any dining reservations that you weren’t able to check out, then we apologise for any confusion caused.  

What this means for you

If you have already been successful in making purchases via the dining booking system, then there’s no need for further action – all existing bookings will be honoured. And any new reservations you would like to make will be available for you to book 14 days before your holiday starts.

We will continue to work with our technology teams to address the issue that occurred and endeavour to allow you to make dining reservations sooner. Once this has been resolved, we will of course make you aware. 

Please note, our Customer Contact Centre will not be able to share any further information or make any dining reservations over the phone at this time.

We hope this hasn’t caused you too much inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you on board soon for a holiday like never before.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I had this for a cruise later this year, on Iona. Got Sindhu booked eventually, but the system had a complete meltdown as tens of thousands of passengers tried to book for cruises over the next few months… Didn’t get Beach House, so really hope I can do when bookings reopen, as that was my priority…  I do not like this stressful way of booking meals 😞 

I eventually managed to pre-book one meal in Sindhu and one in the Beach House for my cruise on Aurora in about a month's time. I'd already booked my excursions and wi-fi. What I'd totally forgotten is that, unlike the £65 or £85 of OBC which is all I usually seem to get, this time I have £305 for 14 nights. As a solo traveller who is normally only a modest drinker, I might struggle to spend it all. It looks like I may have to up my alcohol intake. Alternatively, how many bars of Toblerone can you buy for £305?

• Haha 1

Just had the standard email but looks like I have all my meals mdr booked but what a mess they have made for some people who won't be able to book to 2 weeks away further mayhem for everyone

Sorry if this seems daft but we’re first time P and o so this recent issue regarding booking meals has confused us. 
We are a 2 and a 4 with a linked booking and a seating for dinner at 6.30pm table for six requested. Do we need to book this on line or is the initial booking sufficient?  
I’d assumed it was just specialty dining. Could someone clarify for me please?

Thanks again 

Di 

2 minutes ago, DiLC said:

Sorry if this seems daft but we’re first time P and o so this recent issue regarding booking meals has confused us. 
We are a 2 and a 4 with a linked booking and a seating for dinner at 6.30pm table for six requested. Do we need to book this on line or is the initial booking sufficient?  
I’d assumed it was just specialty dining. Could someone clarify for me please?

Thanks again 

Di 

If you are on traditional 2 seating dining then you do not need to pre book normal MDR dining, but speciality dining can be pre booked before your cruise.

Thanks that was what we thought. With the children we decided against specialty dining and will have some extra special lunches off ship instead. 
Di. 

Just had an another P&O email this evening to say they are having issues with the dining booking system, any bookings already made will be honoured but no new bookings can be made until the issue is fixed. 

The original email, as Bin man says, mentioned 14 days in the small print (I hadn't seen that) but booking was available. I was able to add dining options to my basket. I didn't complete the bookings so I will have to start again when it's fixed.