Hotels in Miami

lifeisrealygood

We have been on many Caribbean Cruises, but most sailed from Fort Lauderdale.  We have had two or three cruises from Miami, but it has been a while.  In March, we are cruising the Silhouette out of Miami.  We have stayed at the Loew's Miami Beach Hotel in South Beach twice in the past.  The location and hotel were great, but we were older than anyone else in South Beach by 30 or 40 years.  So, we are done with South Beach.  Great, but it was in our prior life.

We have made reservations at the Hampton Inn Miami Brickell  for four nights pre-cruise,  The reviews on Trip Advisor are good, but many reflect pre-covid reviews.  So, anyone have recent comments about the Hampton Inn Maim Brickell.  Seems close to a lot of stuff.  No need to comment about price.  Rates are outrageous everywhere in March, so no need to comment on that.  So, how's the Hampton Inn Brickell?  

43 minutes ago, lifeisrealygood said:

We have been on many Caribbean Cruises, but most sailed from Fort Lauderdale.  We have had two or three cruises from Miami, but it has been a while.  In March, we are cruising the Silhouette out of Miami.  We have stayed at the Loew's Miami Beach Hotel in South Beach twice in the past.  The location and hotel were great, but we were older than anyone else in South Beach by 30 or 40 years.  So, we are done with South Beach.  Great, but it was in our prior life.

We have made reservations at the Hampton Inn Miami Brickell  for four nights pre-cruise,  The reviews on Trip Advisor are good, but many reflect pre-covid reviews.  So, anyone have recent comments about the Hampton Inn Maim Brickell.  Seems close to a lot of stuff.  No need to comment about price.  Rates are outrageous everywhere in March, so no need to comment on that.  So, how's the Hampton Inn Brickell?  

Think you already pretty much know.  Want more reviews look at the other hotel booking sites.  Booking and Hotels.  More reviews there.

We are staying at the YVE Hotel right across from the cruise port for the night before our April 8th Sailing on the Norwegian Joy. Love the location as it is walking distance to Biscayne Marketplace as well as very short drive to the Cruise Terminal. We booked a Bay View Room so the morning of embarkation my 16 year old stepdaughter and her friend (both there first cruise) can open the blinds and see the ships in Port. Will update after the stay about hotel as there are mixed reviews. 

• Like 1

The Hampton Inn Brickell is great and they have done a wonderful job renovating and updating the rooms. 
The area is great and you will be able to walk to many restaurants as well as Brickell City Centre. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 7:33 AM, wolft927 said:

We are staying at the YVE Hotel right across from the cruise port for the night before our April 8th Sailing on the Norwegian Joy. Love the location as it is walking distance to Biscayne Marketplace as well as very short drive to the Cruise Terminal. We booked a Bay View Room so the morning of embarkation my 16 year old stepdaughter and her friend (both there first cruise) can open the blinds and see the ships in Port. Will update after the stay about hotel as there are mixed reviews. 

Love the YVE, we stayed there last year, it was great. 

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

We didn't drive, we took uber.

Ok Thanks. If anyone has stayed here and had to park, could you please let me know the closest garage. Looked it up and seen a few but would like first hand knowledge. Looking forward to our precruise stay at YVE, especially because we have a bay view and maybe be able to see the ships when we wake up in the moring. 

17 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Ok Thanks. If anyone has stayed here and had to park, could you please let me know the closest garage. Looked it up and seen a few but would like first hand knowledge. Looking forward to our precruise stay at YVE, especially because we have a bay view and maybe be able to see the ships when we wake up in the moring. 

I would call the hotel for parking info.

20 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Your closet public garage is going to be 190 NE 3rd St, Miami, FL 33132, known as College Station Garage. Anything else is private, and likely not available or will cost $50+ a day. 

I don't remember the overnight rate. YVE also have valet. There is also a garage at 255 NE 1st St, Miami, FL. That is private, not idea on cost. 

9 minutes ago, Flymia said:

Your closet public garage is going to be 190 NE 3rd St, Miami, FL 33132, known as College Station Garage. Anything else is private, and likely not available or will cost $50+ a day. 

I don't remember the overnight rate. YVE also have valet. There is also a garage at 255 NE 1st St, Miami, FL. That is private, not idea on cost. 

YVE has Valet? If so hell i would spend the money for that

28 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

YVE has Valet? If so hell i would spend the money for that

I believe they do, I see their stand on the street all the time. I think I read in another post it is $50/day though. 

4 minutes ago, Flymia said:

I believe they do, I see their stand on the street all the time. I think I read in another post it is $50/day though. 

Just called they do have a self park garage at $15 per day which is very reasonable. 

Haven't sailed from Miami in awhile.  Just remember the awful traffic!

Suggestions for hotel w/parking and transportation to cruiseport appreciated.  Or better to stay in hotel and take an Uber to cruiseport?

Thanks