New breakfast Menu in Luminae

miched

I was looking on Xs app for our Beyond Cruise.  There is a new menu for breakfast.    There isn’t the  egg rancheros,  parfaits with muesli, or granola.   It looks rather interesting and refreshing with some new stuff.    The eggs Benedict is limited to one choice, no hash brown potatoes, and there is no ham on the meat sides as there use to be.   I think they know better to eliminate the  bacon 😱.   I may have missed some stuff but if I did I guess what I don’t know about I won’t miss, not that I am disappointed with the stuff that was changed or eliminated.  Just don’t mess with the bacon. 

Don’t know how accurate the app is but it will be nice to have something different than what the menu was for years.   If I don’t have enough variety there I can always go to the buffet,  spa cafe, eden cafe, elite breakfast, or Cafe al Bacio.    I doubt that there won’t be something that doesn’t help to  start off another fantastic day on a cruise.  If all else fails the old stand by liquid diet  of orange juice, or tomato juice with vodka, or tequila or other variations will work along with some liquid bread as the monks would refer to beer.  🍺🤗

Life is great.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

C4751FA2-91CD-4D33-AF09-D6DF284CB958.png

7BAC4F6C-326A-432C-9CA2-3CFDCFFC1DE1.png

8B6421B9-C571-4BD6-B2F2-9381B9E20024.png

A23AEEF8-A78B-4D06-8575-0CDE06462310.png

Edited by miched
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, RichYak said:

31 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

And I was looking forward to trying them in luminae. Bummer!

Laura

You aren’t missing much.  It was 3 hard corn tortillas,  a couple of eggs the way you wanted on one,  refried beans spread across one tortilla, I  think avocado over the other, and some salsa, lettuce, shredded cheese either over all or on the side.    You can go to a local Mexican restaurant that is open for breakfast and get it the authentic way.   The only time I ordered it was because I got bored with the regular menu being on board for 19 days in a suite.  

This is my opinion.  Where I lived we had access to the Mexican culture.   The school I went to was about 30% Mexican.   My wife lived in a Mexican neighborhood.    Our friends were Mexican and we  ate at their houses and in the restaurants in the area.  The real food wasn’t  just taco, burritos and etc.  Taco basically means a  sandwich.  They made a lot of fantastic stuff but like all ethnic groups they get  associated with one type of food.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

I'll miss the huevos rancheros. That was a go-to for me many mornings.

22 minutes ago, RichYak said:

My next sailing is in late March. I'm might ask if they can still make it.

So 

12 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The old menu is still showing for our April cruise.

Comparing the 2 some interesting new additions but I will miss the ham and Belgium waffle. 

22 minutes ago, RichYak said:

My next sailing is in late March. I'm might ask if they can still make it.

Seems to me that there is no down side:  ask for what you want and see what happens.  If you are ordering in Luminae, you are suite class.  Doubt X wants that class upset (I could be wrong, but....), what with the facebooks, social media, review surveys, cruise reviews, etc. out there.  🙂

• Like 2

I don't think that some of the menus, on the app, are correct. I have looked, on the app, at the dining room menus and all it shows is the kids menu and the vegetarian. It's been this way for at least a week. I wonder if Celebrity is in the process of updating them.

• Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8

For my Beyond sailing next week, the app shows Luminae on Deck 3 midship.

They've teleported the whole shebang, very likely using a Vulcan mind-meld.

I knew that funky hallway to Eden would cause mayhem with the universe!

Screenshot_20230126_202552_Celebrity.jpg

Edited by 4-2-N-8

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

The old menu is still showing for our April cruise.

Comparing the 2 some interesting new additions but I will miss the ham and Belgium waffle. 

I didn’t notice that the waffle was missing and I guess that is because I never order it .   

Good observation.   It seems to be a rather cheap cutback for what i have seen that many enjoy.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

48 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

For my Beyond sailing next week, the app shows Luminae on Deck 3 midship.

They've teleported the whole shebang, very likely using a Vulcan mind-meld.

I knew that funky hallway to Eden would cause mayhem with the universe!

Screenshot_20230126_202552_Celebrity.jpg

It also shows the same for Luminae on 3 in my app.   Didn’t pay attention to it.   That is certainly an error but I don’t think that the menu would be as it has items added that weren’t available before.  I could see if items were missing but not added.  

Maybe the items that are no longer on the menu will be offered as an extra charge because they were popular with the guests.  🤑

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

• Like 1

Even the Hampton Inn chain provides waffles, which is a staple option for breakfast.  Eliminating a waffle option strikes me as one of the lamer cutbacks, and offering it is an easy way to delight anyone that enjoys a fresh waffle.  

1 hour ago, Cap_D said:

Even the Hampton Inn chain provides waffles, which is a staple option for breakfast.  Eliminating a waffle option strikes me as one of the lamer cutbacks, and offering it is an easy way to delight anyone that enjoys a fresh waffle.  

Belgian waffles are breakfast staple but the Luminae one was not very good. I wouldn’t miss it.

We are currently on the Beyond I will try to remember to snap a picture when we go to breakfast in Luminae. There are some changes to the menu but my husband had hash browns yesterday with his omelet. They still have smoothies, the yogurt parfaits and most of the things they had before.

• Like 1