New breakfast Menu in Luminae

miched

8 minutes ago, mafig said:

I guess a ham and cheese omelet is out.😒

The omelet is still described as "your way". I'm assuming the ham that's no longer listing was sliced ham as a side dish. Not seeing anything that would suggest they don't still have the diced ham they use in omelets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruzzzinma said:

Beyond Jan 27

8124468A-CD68-40BB-A3A5-79E033333723.jpeg

11E23350-65BF-4026-BCBE-6459B459BD74.jpeg

The new menu exactly  as shown on the App.   So it must be official and not someone messing with the app.

Thanks

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

41 minutes ago, 39august said:

I am wondering if this means we will be seeing other new menus for Luminae?   The peach cobbler french toast sounds good. Also the greek yogurt parfait and the oatmeal.  

Wife didn’t like the oatmeal, she requested the old oatmeal and that wasn’t a problem,

Hi, I dont doubt yo that the menu has been changed in Luminae.

I had sent n email out about changes to MDR, Blu, and Luminae. to celebrity. They called back for two days and three phone calls and emailed me twice.  Very persistent to tell me that she spoked with the director of dining to confirm they only made changes to the MDR menu?

I either think that the director is not being upfront to their managers or what else am i to think??

17 hours ago, miched said:

You aren’t missing much.  It was 3 hard corn tortillas,  a couple of eggs the way you wanted on one,  refried beans spread across one tortilla, I  think avocado over the other, and some salsa, lettuce, shredded cheese either over all or on the side.    You can go to a local Mexican restaurant that is open for breakfast and get it the authentic way.   The only time I ordered it was because I got bored with the regular menu being on board for 19 days in a suite.  

I agree 100%.  I ordered them once and only once.  Never again. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, miched said:

You aren’t missing much.  It was 3 hard corn tortillas,  a couple of eggs the way you wanted on one,  refried beans spread across one tortilla, I  think avocado over the other, and some salsa, lettuce, shredded cheese either over all or on the side.    You can go to a local Mexican restaurant that is open for breakfast and get it the authentic way.   The only time I ordered it was because I got bored with the regular menu being on board for 19 days in a suite.  

This is my opinion.  Where I lived we had access to the Mexican culture.   The school I went to was about 30% Mexican.   My wife lived in a Mexican neighborhood.    Our friends were Mexican and we  ate at their houses and in the restaurants in the area.  The real food wasn’t  just taco, burritos and etc.  Taco basically means a  sandwich.  They made a lot of fantastic stuff but like all ethnic groups they get  associated with one type of food.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Totally agree, the huevos rancheros that we had on the Summit last July were ghastly. They were barely reminiscent of the actual dish.  Not sure what others are being served. 

I am smiling at the comments regarding the Huevos Rancheros.  Despite the fact that there are photos in the galley of each dish you never knew when you ordered Huevos Rancheros what you would actually receive.  Some of the chefs from India had interesting "interpretations."

We will be boarding in March for a series of cruises and, if it will be on the Eclipse,  am looking forward to the new Luminae breakfast menu.  

20 hours ago, Moochi said:

They took away my favorite biscuits and sausage gravy😳

Oh well there’s still smoked salmon for me and crispy bacon for my husband. We will be fine.

I had Biscuits and gravy in Luminae during our recent Christmas/NYE B2B2B.  When was that removed from the menu?

9 hours ago, NevadaCruiser2023 said:

On my app, Day 2 was limited as the OP suggested, but went back to full breakfast options on Day 3 and beyond.  Now, it's back to all the options on Day 2. They must have a NASA reject Chimpanzee playing around with the App.  

I think the app is accurate once on board but not really too accurate pre-cruise with things like menus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George C said:

Don’t miss the biscuits and gravy at all they were like hockey pucks 

3 minutes ago, George C said:

Don’t miss the biscuits and gravy at all they were like hockey pucks 

Must confess, I agree with your description 😞 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Consistency-

just checked Apex departing tomorrow 

they are showing the regular menu I’m accustomed to. 

Just looked at our sailing on Millennium for April and it's still the standard menu with the normal items, including the Huevos Ranchero's.

1 hour ago, SusieAV8R said:

I had Biscuits and gravy in Luminae during our recent Christmas/NYE B2B2B.  When was that removed from the menu?

I was born and raised in Alabama and what I was served when I ordered biscuits and gravy in Luminae was an offense to the meals name. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0f5cab6ef28946b51aa6f12c5c62751a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Just looked at our sailing on Millennium for April and it's still the standard menu with the normal items, including the Huevos Ranchero's.

I was born and raised in Alabama and what I was served when I ordered biscuits and gravy in Luminae was an offense to the meals name. 

That's way more sausage than I ever got. I always made it a point to get the dish once per cruise to see if they had finally made it as they should. The biscuits were always these sweet hockey pucks with some sort of white liquid and chopped up sausage links. It always was amusing for me at least.

54 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

That is exactly what a New Yorker thinks of when Biscuits and Gravy are mentioned. I haven't had good ones since I moved from Missouri. 

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I was born and raised in New York City, but after 40 plus years in Texas I have grown a fondness to real biscuits and gravy . I will always order that if eating out for breakfast, not the healthiest but tasty.

But those little coins that are a little sweet, with crispy edges, and have a hint of alkaline taste, go really well with the gravy! The fact that I have never had southern biscuits and gravy helped🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

I am smiling at the comments regarding the Huevos Rancheros.  Despite the fact that there are photos in the galley of each dish you never knew when you ordered Huevos Rancheros what you would actually receive.  Some of the chefs from India had interesting "interpretations."

We will be boarding in March for a series of cruises and, if it will be on the Eclipse,  am looking forward to the new Luminae breakfast menu.  

We did the Chefs Market Tour.    During dinner the chef asked if there were any question.  I asked why are the same dishes prepared different from cruise to cruise and ship to ship and presented different.  He said it is impossible as they have to follow the recipe and instructions.    There was no sense arguing with him but I have experienced it as not true.  I don’t know why but the other guests agreed with him 🤷‍♂️.  

It is the same at the bars.  The BTs may use the same ingredients but the drinks will be different.  

Years  ago I bought an electronic dictionary and thesaurus that also had a calculator built in all on one side with one screen plus some word games.  My wife like it and wanted one.   I bought her the same model but it was different.     There was the dictionary and thesaurus on one side and on the back side was a calculator with another screen and key pads.  It was as described but probably made by a different company and made according to their  interpretation.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Thanks 1