Do you use Princess EZ Air When Booking Flights  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Princess EZ Air When Booking Flights

• EZ Air Embark Only / Independent Disembark
    • EZ Air Embark and Disembark
    • Independent Embark / EZ Air Diaembark Only
    • Independent Embark and Disembark

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I suppose even for domestic, if EZ-Air is close to the airline pricing, I would choose EZ-Air.  Another factor would be the airline involved and whether it is possible to do seat selection prior to ticketing. 

I don't factor in airline-induced changes because that can happen no matter which way I book.  I suppose there are also airlines I would prefer and not prefer due to perceived reputation or for FF points (not that I will ever be anyone's top tier flyer again in my life).

For international, the flexibility to shop and re-book - including completely different airline, and different airlines going and returning - is an amazing benefit.  No question in my mind it is the way to go.  I know that through diligent monitoring and changing I booked the absolute lowest business fares for the dates we flew to and from Rome this past Fall.  

Unfortunately for us (and nothing to do with nabbing those low fares), both transatlantic legs had "last minute" equipment changes (it was two different airlines as well) such that we got "stuck" with old-style business class seating instead of the new style that was in most aircraft.  This sort of "luck" is probably why I don't win the lottery.

I too do get a little bit picky when it comes to the airline. Not that I favor any in particular because I always do try to go base by lowest fare as possible. But if I'm traveling day of then I prefer to go with an airline that I know doesn't typically have issues in the land of delays or cancellations.

Just now, Jeter02 said:

I too do get a little bit picky when it comes to the airline. Not that I favor any in particular because I always do try to go base by lowest fare as possible. But if I'm traveling day of then I prefer to go with an airline that I know doesn't typically have issues in the land of delays or cancellations.

Or that runs more than one flight per day between the airports in question.

• Like 2

While we always check EZAir for flights, we have found that their prices cannot be beat for "open jaw" travel where the flight to and the return flight are from different cities.  An example would be for an Alaska cruise departing Vancouver and ending in the Anchorage AK area.

Often domestic flights going to/from the same city are approximately the same price, but EZAir includes our Princess purchased insurance.

• Like 2

I just officially booked my flights for LA independently as certain flights were not showing up on the EZ air, but compared to the ones that I had saved that I didn't have to pay for yet through EZ air. We are talking a $150 savings by booking on my own.

Was planning on using EZair business multi-stop from west coast to NZ/Aus.

Booked initially 11 months out at what I considered a very high fair thinking prices would come down. Well, they eventually did but not on EZair but directly with an airline. 

So you just never know and just have to constantly search. Fortunately I kind of enjoy it, mostly if I can find a little trick/route that brings the price down a lot 🙂 

• Like 3

Have only booked one (upcoming) cruise to AK out of Vancouver.  We booked our flights independently after checking EZ air.  Flight times, routing, aircraft type and price  are all considered  when we select a flight.   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Must be nice..but I’d hate to have to fly that much for work..

I dine in some of the nicest restaurants all over the country (expenses paid) see places to check off my bucket list, all while racking up miles for purchases and travel. At times, my partner travels too, and just pays for their own airfare and any meals they eat, while enjoying the hotel during the day. Don't knock it until you try it. 

• Like 2

I am struggling with this now. I had booked EZAir for my June cruise, but just received a notification that there was a schedule change and my connection time is too short, so Princess suggest that I change my outgoing flights.  The problem is any reasonable change is several hundred dollars more. When I check AA, however, I can get direct flights for $600 cheaper than the same flights thru EZAir. 
can anyone tell me the advantage to sticking with EZ? 

1 hour ago, just G said:

I am struggling with this now. I had booked EZAir for my June cruise, but just received a notification that there was a schedule change and my connection time is too short, so Princess suggest that I change my outgoing flights.  The problem is any reasonable change is several hundred dollars more. When I check AA, however, I can get direct flights for $600 cheaper than the same flights thru EZAir. 
can anyone tell me the advantage to sticking with EZ? 

The only advantage I can see is you don't have to make payment to EZair right now. You money would be safe until 54 days prior to departure .

Air payment is due on the date of the final cruise payment – not at the time of air booking. Air charges are fully refundable until 54 days prior to departure.

29 minutes ago, cptlapcat said:

The only advantage I can see is you don't have to make payment to EZair right now. You money would be safe until 54 days prior to departure .

Air payment is due on the date of the final cruise payment – not at the time of air booking. Air charges are fully refundable until 54 days prior to departure.

when we receive a notice that they have changed the flight time or flight, I contact the airline directly, find a better flight and have them change it.  If they make a change, you don't have to pay anything.

If the flight has not been paid for yet, then contact EZair and have them change you to a new flight - there should be no change in price.

On 2/6/2023 at 7:43 PM, Jeter02 said:

I just officially booked my flights for LA independently as certain flights were not showing up on the EZ air, but compared to the ones that I had saved that I didn't have to pay for yet through EZ air. We are talking a $150 savings by booking on my own.

Yes! Same here,  using Delta directly instead of EZAir, more flights offered, tickets approx. $150-200pp cheaper for June cruises out of LA. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I found a decent price with United flights on EZ air. For those who have used this option, does the charge on your credit card show as billed directly to the airline or does it code as a charge to Princess?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, juicyjuju said:

I found a decent price with United flights on EZ air. For those who have used this option, does the charge on your credit card show as billed directly to the airline or does it code as a charge to Princess?

Princess, so no free luggage on United.  Time to get an AA card where you are not required to use your AA CC to get the luggage benefit.

Edited by jagoffee

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, juicyjuju said:

I have a travel agent, EzAir is added to my Princess invoice from her and I pay EzAir and cruise fare at cruise final payment.

Edited by phabric

Travel is 3x points on Chase Saphire reserve. Airlines are 5x points on Amex platinum. Since I'd be buying three tickets, I was looking to maximize points 🙂

35 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Princess, so no free luggage on United.

So I was wondering about this.  I've booked EZ air flying into London on United from Denver.  I haven't paid yet as final payment isn't due.  The fare shows that bags are free per the class which is Economy (not to be confused with Basic Economy which has no bags period) but the Princess EZ air has a little general that applies to all fares booked footnote that bags may not be free??  Tell me what you know as I am not convinced I can depend on an answer from calling EZair.

5 hours ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

So I was wondering about this.  I've booked EZ air flying into London on United from Denver.  I haven't paid yet as final payment isn't due.  The fare shows that bags are free per the class which is Economy (not to be confused with Basic Economy which has no bags period) but the Princess EZ air has a little general that applies to all fares booked footnote that bags may not be free?? ...

Answered my own question with a little digging.  The EZ air sight has a link where you can look up your flight route and it will tell you - in my case 1st bag free.

I only use EZ air for international since Southwest out of Denver is hard to beat domestically and you get free bags.

7 hours ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

So I was wondering about this.  I've booked EZ air flying into London on United from Denver.  I haven't paid yet as final payment isn't due.  The fare shows that bags are free per the class which is Economy (not to be confused with Basic Economy which has no bags period) but the Princess EZ air has a little general that applies to all fares booked footnote that bags may not be free??  Tell me what you know as I am not convinced I can depend on an answer from calling EZair.

1 hour ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

Answered my own question with a little digging.  The EZ air sight has a link where you can look up your flight route and it will tell you - in my case 1st bag free.

I only use EZ air for international since Southwest out of Denver is hard to beat domestically and you get free bags.

That's a boilerplate message that always appears - even if booking Business Class.  It's probably there just to warn folks and so they don't get blow-back when someone has to pay for a bag.

The airline you are booking on is the definitive source for any applicable baggage fees.

Was catching up on this revived thread from a year ago.  Many of those posts a year back indicate what the experienced cruisers know - EzAir may not be the best option for domestic travel (US/Canada) unless you want flexibility to make changes late in the game.  But it can be hard to beat EzAir (a consolidator) when it comes to overseas flights, especially when flying in and out of two different cities (e.g. Europe), or only flying one-way (e.g. doing a Transatlantic).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Was catching up on this revived thread from a year ago.  Many of those posts a year back indicate what the experienced cruisers know - EzAir may not be the best option for domestic travel (US/Canada) unless you want flexibility to make changes late in the game.  But it can be hard to beat EzAir (a consolidator) when it comes to overseas flights, especially when flying in and out of two different cities (e.g. Europe), or only flying one-way (e.g. doing a Transatlantic).

And I’m glad you pointed out they are/use a consolidator. Many have no clue about the pros and cons about consolidators. 

Cheers