New website.

Riocca

We all need to keep in mind that the website is not yet complete!  Looking for anything specific right now won’t do anything but make you frustrated, so please, don’t expect to see more than basic changes until the 20th.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, laurieb said:

We all need to keep in mind that the website is not yet complete!  Looking for anything specific right now won’t do anything but make you frustrated, so please, don’t expect to see more than basic changes until the 20th.  

Yes I suspect the tax issue is because although a currency conversion has been done, it is still looking at the pricing structure of the US site

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, uktog said:

Yes I suspect the tax issue is because although a currency conversion has been done, it is still looking at the pricing structure of the US site

Most likely, if you look at the web address it’s Azamara.com not co.uk very much work in progress and there for information only so I wouldn’t take too much notice of what’s showing. For example I’ve looked at a number of cruises and they’re all marked Perry Golf, I’m sure that can’t be the case unless Perry Golf are going to have a permanent presence on all the ships.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Riocca said:

Most likely, if you look at the web address it’s Azamara.com not co.uk very much work in progress and there for information only so I wouldn’t take too much notice of what’s showing. For example I’ve looked at a number of cruises and they’re all marked Perry Golf, I’m sure that can’t be the case unless Perry Golf are going to have a permanent presence on all the ships.

Right. It listed an Antarctic cruise as a Perry Golf Cruise 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Mackdogmolly said:

Right. It listed an Antarctic cruise as a Perry Golf Cruise 😂

I’m on that cruise. I was planning to practice shots at the penguins. What you mean I can’t 

Get me my lawyer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Riocca said:

Given that we're seeing GBP prices on the.com website, it's clear that they've stopped doing a redirect to the.co.uk one and have an alternative technical approach.

I suspect that this is a bigger issue, and that whoever has specified or set it up doesn't realise that UK (and I think EU) legislation prohibits the use of pricing that omits mandatory extras.

We'll see next week.

5 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

Given that we're seeing GBP prices on the.com website, it's clear that they've stopped doing a redirect to the.co.uk one and have an alternative technical approach.

I suspect that this is a bigger issue, and that whoever has specified or set it up doesn't realise that UK (and I think EU) legislation prohibits the use of pricing that omits mandatory extras.

We'll see next week.

I think that the disclaimer on the pop up is telling.

“Please note: While we do our best to publish accurate information, some discrepancies may appear as we finalize our new website”

The email advising of the change of website did say that Azamara.co.uk would be unavailable until the 20th so as uktog says I think it’s a temporary patch. But you’re right until the 20th we won’t actually know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, uktog said:

Playing around on the new website it looks like the upgrade bidding programme is getting linked into the website.  It was not clearly mentioned there in the past but has its own (still inactive) tab under "booked guests"

Even though the new website says Azamara Upgrade bidding tool is currently unavailable due to the transition to new systems, last night I got an email from Azamara saying I'm eligible for a stateroom upgrade (sailing Apr 29). The email links to the bidding site seem to work nicely. However, I cannot say if it's a new bidding site or not, since this is my first cruise with Azamara, so I've got nothing to compare to. There is a currency problem, since the email and web page show all offers in NOK though I've done my reservation in EUR and before the webpage maintenance break my account showed OBC in EUR too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jora said:

Even though the new website says Azamara Upgrade bidding tool is currently unavailable due to the transition to new systems, last night I got an email from Azamara saying I'm eligible for a stateroom upgrade (sailing Apr 29). The email links to the bidding site seem to work nicely. However, I cannot say if it's a new bidding site or not, since this is my first cruise with Azamara, so I've got nothing to compare to. There is a currency problem, since the email and web page show all offers in NOK though I've done my reservation in EUR and before the webpage maintenance break my account showed OBC in EUR too.

Upgrades are run by a third party (plusgrade) that do this for lots of airlines and cruise lines.https://www.plusgrade.com/partners/

• Thanks 1

Lots of hard work must be going on over the weekend, the Perry Golf logos have disappeared and tax & port fees are now included in the U.K. pricing. 
Looking forward to finding out how the account section is going to work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Lots of hard work must be going on over the weekend, the Perry Golf logos have disappeared and tax & port fees are now included in the U.K. pricing. 
Looking forward to finding out how the account section is going to work.

Must be a work in progress.  I picked the first one displayed.Screenshot2023-03-18181521.png.16a859bc1aa0d74d7b99aad32eb72b05.png

4 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

Must be a work in progress.  I picked the first one displayed.Screenshot2023-03-18181521.png.16a859bc1aa0d74d7b99aad32eb72b05.png

Definitely work in progress, although I’m not seeing the page you posted as it looks to be further along the booking process. I am seeing the following which yesterday showed tax & fees as extra.

2BBD0B01-514C-413F-94F7-EA8F86B605E7.thumb.jpeg.1d5d1f34e4794cff01600e1c537f4070.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riocca said:

Definitely work in progress, although I’m not seeing the page you posted as it looks to be further along the booking process. I am seeing the following which yesterday showed tax & fees as extra.

2BBD0B01-514C-413F-94F7-EA8F86B605E7.thumb.jpeg.1d5d1f34e4794cff01600e1c537f4070.jpeg

My screen grab was from the basic "View Features" link for each stateroom on any cruise and the same (wrong) price is also showing on the main page for the sailing e.g.: https://www.azamara.com/gb/cruises/jr230325-009-9-night-spain-intensive-voyage

1 minute ago, fruitmachine said:

My screen grab was from the basic "View Features" link for each stateroom on any cruise and the same (wrong) price is also showing on the main page for the sailing e.g.: https://www.azamara.com/gb/cruises/jr230325-009-9-night-spain-intensive-voyage

It’s funny that so many people can’t wait until Monday.😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

One thing I noticed……under Booked Guests, there used to be a link to register for CruiseCritic meet and mingle.  It’s gone and I wonder if it’s coming back?

As that was a Royal Caribbean link my guess is that it’s not.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tonyl1956 said:

One interesting techie thing is that it's not working properly on Safari (v14) on an oldish Mac or on an iPad (running iOS 15). No cruises appear in the search. Works on Firefox on the Mac.

Running fine, at the moment, on iOS 16 but it’s an interesting point as to how far back the web developers will go with operating system compatibility.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

One thing I noticed……under Booked Guests, there used to be a link to register for CruiseCritic meet and mingle.  It’s gone and I wonder if it’s coming back?

That would be a shame, but Azamara have downgraded the Meet & Mingle since Covid. It used to be hosted by the Cruise Director with senior officers attending and drinks & canapés provided. Now it's only a room that is provided, no servivpce, no hosting.

• Like 3