New website.

Riocca

8 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

That would be a shame, but Azamara have downgraded the Meet & Mingle since Covid. It used to be hosted by the Cruise Director with senior officers attending and drinks & canapés provided. Now it's only a room that is provided, no servivpce, no hosting.

I agree that would be a shame. Not sure Azamara is aware the value of all of this networking in the service of the brand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I wonder if the fact that some Azamara junior officers and some travel agents who are serial cruisers “host” facebook pages is contributing to the move away from Cruise Critic and the various structural changes has hastened this. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, uktog said:

I wonder if the fact that some Azamara junior officers and some travel agents who are serial cruisers “host” facebook pages is contributing to the move away from Cruise Critic and the various structural changes has hastened this. 

Could be. Some people see Cruise “Critic” and think that implies that the group criticizes the brand, when for the most part, we are its biggest supporters. There is lots of complaining on the FB page, lol

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Could be. Some people see Cruise “Critic” and think that implies that the group criticizes the brand, when for the most part, we are its biggest supporters. There is lots of complaining on the FB page, lol

I certainly hope they don’t all move to FB, as Mrs Banjo and I do not use it, and won’t be signing up anytime soon.

5 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:
  • Like 1

Then there is this relevant bit  from the email received 10 minutes ago :

"We are thrilled to announce that we are putting the final touches on our revamped website and expect to go live with the new booking tool on 23 March, 2023. Our team is working to bring you the latest features and updates to enhance your cruising experience."

Copied and pasted, the bold print as it is in the email.

• Thanks 1

This is the email they have just sent out - an awful lot of thrills and excitement in it but note the word "expect" not "will" - maybe should have added (UK) after the number that is the UK number as on first reading DH thought he could only call Irish call centres.  OK that was his interpretation!!

We are thrilled to announce that we are putting the final touches on our revamped website and expect to go live with the new booking tool on 22 March, 2023. Our team is working to bring you the latest features and updates to enhance your cruising experience.

We understand that this may cause some inconvenience, but we want to assure you that the new website will be worth the wait, and we are excited to share it with you.

In the meantime, we invite you to call our contact centre for any new bookings:

• Contact Centre number: 03444 934016 & 1800936346 (ROI) 
  • Hours of Operations: 10:00am – 6:30pm GMT (Monday-Saturday)
  •  If you have an existing account with us on 22 March, 2023, you will receive a separate email with instructions on how to update your password.

We are confident that you will love our enhanced website once it is launched.While you prepare for your next cruise, we encourage you to explore our website and discover all the beautiful destinations we have to offer. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this transition period. The Azamara team looks forward to seeing you onboard soon.

Sincerely, 

AZAMARA® 

4 minutes ago, uktog said:

This is the email they have just sent out - an awful lot of thrills and excitement in it but note the word "expect" not "will" - maybe should have added (UK) after the number that is the UK number as on first reading DH thought he could only call Irish call centres.  OK that was his interpretation!!

We are thrilled to announce that we are putting the final touches on our revamped website and expect to go live with the new booking tool on 22 March, 2023. Our team is working to bring you the latest features and updates to enhance your cruising experience.

We understand that this may cause some inconvenience, but we want to assure you that the new website will be worth the wait, and we are excited to share it with you.

In the meantime, we invite you to call our contact centre for any new bookings:

• Contact Centre number: 03444 934016 & 1800936346 (ROI) 
  • Hours of Operations: 10:00am – 6:30pm GMT (Monday-Saturday)
  •  If you have an existing account with us on 22 March, 2023, you will receive a separate email with instructions on how to update your password.

We are confident that you will love our enhanced website once it is launched.While you prepare for your next cruise, we encourage you to explore our website and discover all the beautiful destinations we have to offer. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this transition period. The Azamara team looks forward to seeing you onboard soon.

Sincerely, 

AZAMARA® 

We must have been posting at the same time!

I guess the date difference could be explained by time zone differences :

UK 5 hours ahead of East Coast USA so the update will be available to you on the same day.

East Coast Australia 15 hours ahead of East Coast USA so we will get the update a day (date) later.

At least our email did include the Australian contact details.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, nonrev1 said:

At least you all received an email.  Nothing here! Hoping it comes up soon. Can’t do anything for our April 3rd cruise ( change tours etc) until the site is up again.  

My wife got an email a few hours before I did.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, knitter said:

My travel agent couldn't process the payment for our cruise in August - and when they called AZA, nothing happened, just dead air. Seems like all that you can do is call to make a new booking.

There was no one to talk to?

I was able to get through to Azamara in about 2 minutes to inquire about something on an upcoming booking.  This was through the main number:

1-833-292-2292

I first called the Azamara Circle loyalty number and got nothing but dead air.

1-888-532-5828

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ECCruise said:

I was able to get through to Azamara in about 2 minutes to inquire about something on an upcoming booking.  This was through the main number:

1-833-292-2292

I first called the Azamara Circle loyalty number and got nothing but dead air.

1-888-532-5828

The travel agent will try to run the payment on Friday. But when they called they got nothing. Maybe they were changing over the phone system or something when we were calling- she tried several times. Glad you were luckier, and I get to keep my money for a few days longer!

44 minutes ago, nonrev1 said:

Still no email from Azamara.  We have a trip coming up the first week of April and another booking that has final payment due tomorrow.  Our agent tried yesterday with no success.  So frustrating. 

Your agent should contact their BDM

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, john1970 said:

I see the message on the website says through March 22nd. Isn't that corporate speak for it's still won't be working today?

That's absolutely what it means.

And another day of delay, but having done migrations nowhere near as extensive, not a surprise.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, john1970 said:

I see the message on the website says through March 22nd. Isn't that corporate speak for it's still won't be working today?

American company you have to think Miami time, hopefully this afternoon.

Although we’re currently in Gran Canaria ready to board Onward on Saturday so the website thinks we’re Spanish.

• Like 1