New website.

Riocca

3 minutes ago, difranco said:

Be careful with the 03444 number as this can equate to 65p/min from most mobiles. I used my Vodafone mobile instead of landline last week and got collared for £12.65 for a 15 minutes call as a connection charge was added as well. The old 020 number still works.

I would query this with Vodafone, all 03 numbers should be within your included minutes. I’ve never been charged by Vodafone for phoning Azamara on their 03 number.

9 minutes ago, difranco said:

Be careful with the 03444 number as this can equate to 65p/min from most mobiles. I used my Vodafone mobile instead of landline last week and got collared for £12.65 for a 15 minutes call as a connection charge was added as well. The old 020 number still works.

It is an appalling feature of Azamara as it is also not included in many landline packages.  For a "premium" line it is not what you would expect.

7 minutes ago, Riocca said:

I would query this with Vodafone, all 03 numbers should be within your included minutes. I’ve never been charged by Vodafone for phoning Azamara on their 03 number.

Thanks for the heads up, have just spoken to Vodafone and they made an error as it should have been 0844 that was out of plan. Account credited. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, uktog said:

It is an appalling feature of Azamara as it is also not included in many landline packages.  For a "premium" line it is not what you would expect.

Ofcom says 03 numbers are no different to 01 & 02 numbers and should be included in your plan.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/what-are-03-numbers

3 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Ofcom says 03 numbers are no different to 01 & 02 numbers and should be included in your plan.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/what-are-03-numbers

We were certainly charged last year and there are issues with the mobile, however we are in the process of changing providers so we will include that in our checklist.  Certainly when I dial an 03 call on the mobile it comes up with a warning that it may be out of tariff

I changed my password with no trouble at all. Hopefully will be able to see our upcoming cruise ‘soon’. 
If anyone thinks there are problems with this changeover, just go to the Princess site and look at Medallion problem posts. The subject is already on the third thread because each of the previous two became so long. This third one is already up to 4000+ posts. I spent one hour and ten minutes on the phone yesterday with Princess to sort out my on line registration as it was impossible to do myself. Haven’t cruised with Princess for years, but this was the only itinerary that fit in with our plans. Hope the cruise experience is a great deal better than the check in on  line. 

In order to ensure the integrity of the booking information migrated from our previous system, we will be unable to modify existing bookings until Monday March 27th. Booking for shore excursions is also temporarily unavailable. 

We appreciate your patience as we work through this.

For reservations, call 1-833-292-2292.

Just saw this when tried to log in on the AZAMARA website. 

• Thanks 1

I just tried to look at an itinerary we have in mind for next April - Italy intensive. I wanted to see which cc suites were available. When I clicked onto CC option, it only gives me the option to book it providing all of our information. It does not show me which cabins are available. Certainly could be my error. Anyone seeing the same? 

Azamara was surprised at how much extra work Pursuit needed when they got it from Princess, and then even with that baseline they were surprised again at how much more extra work Onward needed after Princess had more time to run it into the ground [mixed metaphor?]  So it's no surprise that the database they received from RCG was in worse shape than they expected!  [When CUNY migrated from its legacy Cobol systems to Oracle, the database clean-up took far longer than anybody had anticipated.  I suspect the same thing is happening here – data corruption that goes unnoticed in the legacy system suddenly becomes a problem in a new system that is expecting 'clean' data.]

• Like 4

I received the email and reset password.    As expected our June Spain intensive booking did not show

I looked at that cruise and the price for a Veranda plus was over £12000 - I presume each -  We are booked in a CC suite for much less than that for two.  No CC's available - Perry Golf cruise.

Tried to do dummy booking for our Nov cruise this year. £2k more for N1 and I can’t select suite number. Had been tracking for a while to see if any different cabins had come available and price hadn’t changed for 3 months…….until now!

54 minutes ago, woodards said:

Tried to do dummy booking for our Nov cruise this year. £2k more for N1 and I can’t select suite number. Had been tracking for a while to see if any different cabins had come available and price hadn’t changed for 3 months…….until now!

Same here with a couple I've been following. I won't be rushing to book on the website until it calms down. Second one is still on sale with a large US agency at less than half the price. 

Phil 

• Like 2

Having just activated my account on the new web site I managed to log in successfully.  Upcoming cruises are not currently showing but there is a section for Communication Preferences which gives you the opportunity to opt in for marketing offers and loyatly communication emails.  I suggest this maybe worth completing if you are one of the many that never received emails from Azamara.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

Having just activated my account on the new web site I managed to log in successfully.  Upcoming cruises are not currently showing but there is a section for Communication Preferences which gives you the opportunity to opt in for marketing offers and loyatly communication emails.  I suggest this maybe worth completing if you are one of the many that never received emails from Azamara.

Exactly!

3 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Same here with a couple I've been following. I won't be rushing to book on the website until it calms down. Second one is still on sale with a large US agency at less than half the price. 

Phil 

My best guess is that they are using some dynamic pricing engine that has not yet learned that few people will buy at the prices we're seeing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fruitmachine said:

My best guess is that they are using some dynamic pricing engine that has not yet learned that few people will buy at the prices we're seeing.

If you look at the Versonix Seaware website that’s one of the features of their booking engine that they push as a positive feature.

Even though we now prefer to book direct I wouldn’t do it on the website, in my view a cruise is too complicated a thing to do that way and would rather speak to someone who is able to sort out the finer details.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Riocca said:

If you look at the Versonix Seaware website that’s one of the features of their booking engine that they push as a positive feature.

Even though we now prefer to book direct I wouldn’t do it on the website, in my view a cruise is too complicated a thing to do that way and would rather speak to someone who is able to sort out the finer details.

Would a representative give you a lower price than the website?

35 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Interesting software. Dynamic pricing which I dislike intensely but get it.

33F0B9C7-7E36-41FE-BB3F-1F8FA641AB17.jpeg

33 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

Would a representative give you a lower price than the website?

Couldn’t say but during the changeover period I’m not sure how much I would trust the website information.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

I received the email and reset password.    As expected our June Spain intensive booking did not show

I looked at that cruise and the price for a Veranda plus was over £12000 - I presume each -  We are booked in a CC suite for much less than that for two.  No CC's available - Perry Golf cruise.

I checked the same cruise and prices had shot up on the new site, perhaps that happened to other cruises. Fortunately we had booked and paid so avoided major drama or cancelled plans.

The company seems desperate to raise prices towards those of Oceania but they may end up having to discount as they did last year. If high demand for this cruise is the only cause then all is forgiven!

22 minutes ago, cruisinclined said:

I checked the same cruise and prices had shot up on the new site, perhaps that happened to other cruises. Fortunately we had booked and paid so avoided major drama or cancelled plans.

The company seems desperate to raise prices towards those of Oceania but they may end up having to discount as they did last year. If high demand for this cruise is the only cause then all is forgiven!

I guess they will see if people are willing to pay more!

9 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Looked again without logging in and whilst the initial price of cruise is per person when clicking clicking ‘book’ the price is per stateroom .  Still large increase over previous prices. I would never book at these rates.

I will never book at the rates posted either!!