The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday February 8th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

29 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you Lenda, Vanessa and Sandi.  Unfortunately the test results show the kidney function is even worse.  😞  This is so puzzling and maddening.  Six months ago they were fine.  The only change is how sick I was in Nov-Dec.  I'm sure I'll be hearing from my doctor before the day is over.  Meanwhile our DSIL (the PA) has been peppering me with texts and questions.  So glad today is his day off, LOL.  

I had a wonderful time with BFF, and it was good to have her support and prayers when the results came in by email.

Sorry to hear it Carolyn.  I hope the doctor will have a good plan to improve those numbers and that he calls you before the end of the day.  🙄 A shame we have to hope for that simple little thing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Looks like White Bay.  Was there another ship at Circular Quay?  I enjoyed the sailaways from White Bay, especially on a sunny day.  Great pictures of the bridge and opera house from that direction.

Yes it is White Bay. I don't know if another ship is at Circular Quay, but former Prinsendam is here with us.

20230209_112211.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

A busy day here on the Fleet/Daily.  Thanks for all the information.

On board BHB's I usually order Cloudy Bay SB,  

@Seasick Sailor  someone should have contacted you about your X ray result, please phone at 8am  to speak with the doctor.

@tupper hope that the epidural gives you relief, also hope that your son improves very quickly.

@luvteaching good that your DH has transferred to a  rehab he is familiar with.

@Cruising-along  hope that a plan is forthcoming to remedy your results.

@StLouisCruisers  thanks for all your contributions to the success of this thread.

Congratulations on your excellent multiquoting.

Today is grey with intermittent sprinkles, temperature  14 C.  Such a change from 30 the other day.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Good evening all. 

Joy @Seasick Sailor, I’m sorry you haven’t heard from your doctor yet. Some clinics seem to have weird call back systems…… or none at all.  My doctor is notorious for calling really early or late. When I was working he would even call me there because he knew I answered the phone.  I hope you hear early tomorrow. 

Carolyn @Cruising-along, how discouraging your results must be for you. I hope the changes to your meds help. 

Terri @Cruzin Terri, congratulations on the slot win. Your trip to Italy and cruise sounds wonderful. 

@tupper10, I hope you feel better after your procedure and that your son can get back to work soon. 

Annie @marshhawk, what day are you in Victoria?  I’ll be there in April too…. Oops, it’s actually May, I think it’s the 5th of May. Also, hoping your DH is doing well after his surgery and not touching or rubbing his eye. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Wrong blue bubble
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you Lenda, Vanessa and Sandi.  Unfortunately the test results show the kidney function is even worse.  😞  This is so puzzling and maddening.  Six months ago they were fine.  The only change is how sick I was in Nov-Dec.  I'm sure I'll be hearing from my doctor before the day is over.  Meanwhile our DSIL (the PA) has been peppering me with texts and questions.  So glad today is his day off, LOL.  

I had a wonderful time with BFF, and it was good to have her support and prayers when the results came in by email.

Carolyn, that is concerning the kidney numbers.  I hope the doctor has some answers.  

2 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

UPDATE!  UPDATE!  UPDATE!

I thanked Pete @The-Inside-Cabin for his response ⬆️ from earlier and he immediately posted the following:

"I am in touch with Kathi.  I will share updates when able.   She is back in Virginia.   She will probably post something on her blog in due time."

(Perhaps Pete contacted her after his earlier response??? It's good to know she did arrive in Virginia.)

-M 

Melisa, thanks for the update.

32 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

9 pm: 

Dear Ms. Sellers,

Rib fractures seen, not much to do, but the pain should get better day by day.

All the best,

Dr Jones

Joy, that doctor needs to work on his "bedside" manner.

2 hours ago, tupper10 said:

Seasick Sailor  on your report it is  inexcusable that your doctor did not call you.  With broken ribs you need to be watched closely for pneumonia because due to the pain you tend to not take normal deep breathes.  Today doctors rarely tape your broken ribs but they certainly give you instructions as to what to watch for and specific deep breathing instructions.

Glad to hear that many of you slept last night.  Hope that all who had procedures or SO who had them, are feeling better today.  I am getting an epidural for the back pain tomorrow.  Hoping it works.

Thank your for the care list for my son.  He is still in the hospital and it looks like he will be there at least through the weekend since he has a drain in and needs IV antibiotics. They are watching the abscess now that moved to his lung which will hopefully drain now that the liver abscess is draining (they are connected) otherwise he has to be on a long course of antibiotics which will mean a port and at home care for around 8 weeks.  Hopefully he will be able to go to work if he needs this since he is a special ed teacher and his kids need him.    I am so frustrated that I can't be with him, but he lives a long plane ride away and I can't travel right now.  

Prayers for all especially Ukraine and the people in Turkey and Syria.  What a tragedy.  

I hope the epidural tomorrow helps with the pain.  I hope your son continues to improve and the abscess drains and the antibiotics cleat up the infection.

Lenda

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Annie @marshhawk, what day are you in Victoria?  I’ll be there in April too…. Oops, it’s actually May, I think it’s the 5th of May. Also, hoping your DH is doing well after his surgery and not touching or rubbing his eye. 

Sharon, I don't seem to be able to write outside the quote, but we should be home in May, we'll be away for April, DH has to have a biopsy next month and hopefully we'll be able to sail in April, but do email me at pnamcc (at) gmail (dot) com.