Banging noise on Beyond

dadofjessie

Don’t get me wrong the Celebrity Beyond is a beautiful ship but staterooms have a lot of noise. Any speed above creeping, the creaking and banging noises get worse and worse. We are told that it’s because the ship is “new” and it’s due to settling. The ship is more than 6 months old. Shouldn’t the settling be done by now? During the day you don’t pay attention to the noise but at night when you are trying to sleep it keeps you up. The banging is not occasional, it is constant. Ships management know about this but they seem to not be able to correct the problem or not want to correct the problem. I know we are not the only ones having this issue. If you are at all a light sleeper don’t book your next cruise on the Celebrity Beyond. You will regret it.

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

There is a huge thread on this topic already, including recordings of the sound

I am on the Beyond as I type. They have done nothing about this. I too have recordings and ship management does nothing.

3 minutes ago, dadofjessie said:

I am on the Beyond as I type. They have done nothing about this. I too have recordings and ship management does nothing.

Furthermore, the ship should be taken off line to correct the problem. But they won’t!

We were on the Beyond two weeks ago. We had noise several nights, banging, creaking and knocking. We were in a magic carpet skysuite #10178. Our friends were in #3158. They heard loud banging almost every night.  It seems, according to our butler, that it is more noticeable in midship cabins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dadofjessie said:

Don’t get me wrong the Celebrity Beyond is a beautiful ship but staterooms have a lot of noise. Any speed above creeping, the creaking and banging noises get worse and worse. We are told that it’s because the ship is “new” and it’s due to settling. The ship is more than 6 months old. Shouldn’t the settling be done by now? During the day you don’t pay attention to the noise but at night when you are trying to sleep it keeps you up. The banging is not occasional, it is constant. Ships management know about this but they seem to not be able to correct the problem or not want to correct the problem. I know we are not the only ones having this issue. If you are at all a light sleeper don’t book your next cruise on the Celebrity Beyond. You will regret it.

I was on in the summer in 6136 and there was noise, I specifically remember one night being kept up with noise. The sound could have been more than one night but I sleep with ear plugs so it may have drowned out some of the sound for me.

• Like 1

Ear plugs. Walmart sells a pack of 20 for about 4 bucks. They reduce the noise by 31 decibels and are extremely comfortable. I sleep like a baby next to my freight train of a hubby so I don’t leave home without them. Not much help for those currently on Beyond but those planning to go might want to pick some up. 

• Haha 2

So glad that I am as far aft as possible, but in December by aft elevator.  Earplugs never work for me, but headphones do!  I am going "Beyond" soon for 21 days, along with hoping for a wonderful cruise!  Must be some type of design flaw with adding those extra cabins for Beyond and Ascent.   

53 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Ear plugs. Walmart sells a pack of 20 for about 4 bucks. They reduce the noise by 31 decibels and are extremely comfortable. I sleep like a baby next to my freight train of a hubby so I don’t leave home without them. Not much help for those currently on Beyond but those planning to go might want to pick some up. 

Ear plugs! We shouldn’t have to use earplugs for all the money spent on a cruise. Funny thing is someone at guest services offered us earplugs and I found that insulting!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dadofjessie said:

Ear plugs! We shouldn’t have to use earplugs for all the money spent on a cruise. Funny thing is someone at guest services offered us earplugs and I found that insulting!

It doesn’t fix the problem, but at least they were trying to help you.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Pay thousands for a cruise and have to resort to earplugs on a badly built ship - I don't think so!

• Like 3

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like every cruise forum has complaints about noise or rocking. People complain to no end on the DCL forums. I am a sound sleeper and absolutely love the movement of the ship, even in somewhat rough seas. Maybe I would just never notice things like this. I haven't been on Beyond yet though.

2 minutes ago, soniam said:

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like every cruise forum has complaints about noise or rocking. People complain to no end on the DCL forums. I am a sound sleeper and absolutely love the movement of the ship, even in somewhat rough seas. Maybe I would just never notice things like this. I haven't been on Beyond yet though.

Could customer service do something about the motion? I didn’t pay for that.

I suppose we could make a long list of what people don’t like about cruising.

I always eat at Blu on Celebrity because I didn’t pay to get my own food in the buffet.

"We are told that it’s because the ship is “new” and it’s due to settling."   

Houses built on land, "settle." Settling is essentially the all-encompassing term used to describe the natural changes that take place in a foundation over the years. 

Ships "settle" when they are sinking.

Poor ship fitting at the shipyard could create this noise problem. ..Or Ghosts!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, soniam said:

Listen to some of the recordings in the other thread…sounds like a machine gun at times! In 30+ cruises of course we’ve had the creaks and bangs but this is a whole new level of pain.

• Like 2