Edge/ Fine Cut Steakhouse

Amtrack Springfield

25 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Surprised that no one has provided any feedback on the prices.

Easiest way to check prices are to go to cruise planner under your cruise.    Usually pre-cruise there is a discount (currently 8%)  The prices by restaurant are fleet wide and don't vary by ship.  CC discounts also apply but may have to call to get the discount or applied once on board. 

You can also use the app -  

Tuscan Grill   64.90 +20% tip

Fine Cut         65.00 but discounted by 8% to $58.99 plus 20% tip

First night discounts also apply for many restaurants

Went to the Prime Cut on our January Edge cruise.  The price was $65.00 per person, plus 20% tip.  I had the prime rib, while my husband had the filet mignon.  My prime rib was sub par.  The matre de asked how our meal was, and I told him that the prime rib was tough.  He offered to get me another entree.  My husband was very happy with his filet and was almost finished, so I declined the offer.  He then said that he would "talk to the chef."  I requested that he not, as the prime rib was cooked perfectly. It was the quality of the piece of meat that was off.  I cook prime rib at home, so I am familiar with the various options...this was not a prime or a choice cut.  Interestingly, we decided to go to Fine Cut because the MDR didn't offer prime rib.  While my husband's entree was with the $78.00...mine was not. 

We had a group of ten and therefore were seated in the private dining area. Meal was great and as you would expect, we received great, dedicated service. I would agree that the dining atmosphere and noise level can be impacted greatly by whatever activity is happening in the Grand Plaza. 

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Easiest way to check prices are to go to cruise planner under your cruise.    Usually pre-cruise there is a discount (currently 8%)  The prices by restaurant are fleet wide and don't vary by ship.  CC discounts also apply but may have to call to get the discount or applied once on board. 

You can also use the app -  

Tuscan Grill   64.90 +20% tip

Fine Cut         65.00 but discounted by 8% to $58.99 plus 20% tip

First night discounts also apply for many restaurants

Thank you!

$65 + 20% $13 = $78

$59 + 20% $12 = $71

Overpriced JMHO!

Tried X app. Updating check back later.

Tried Google search. No current pricing of Speciality Restaurants. This should be available and published.

Anyone have a valid current link? TIA

Edited by Oxo

On 2/26/2023 at 12:42 PM, Mirage said:

Dined at Fine cut last Thursday night on Edge. Wonderful meal. Our group had Filet Mignon and Ribeye's all were fantastic. Overall a great meal in all respects.

How was the wine selection?  We ate there last April and they didn't have my first 4 choices off the wine list they had just handed me,   The food was great, though.

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We had the same experience on Edge.   It was so noisy we couldn't even carry on a conversation.  It was even louder when they did the "Light Show".     It soured us on Fine Cut and never went back.  

I do agree wirh you about the noise. We ate early, so it was not too bad.

We did find the noise from the Grand Plaza really interfered with le Petit Chef.

The Grand Plaza concept is one of the reasons we did not like the Edge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garyl62 said:

I see some outdoor tables on the deck plan and I wonder if anyone knows if you can dine outside if the weather is appropriate.  

I've not done it but read from others that did and they loved it.

• Thanks 2

Guest 4-2-N-8
3 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

What didn’t you like about it?

The others were better.

Namely, Eden and Le Voyage. These are don't miss venues, but also Raw on 5 (excellent ingredients, even though, yes, everything arrives to the ship frozen) and even LPC. The meal at LPC was likewise exceptional. I didn't go for the show. I went for the menu, and was much better than claimed by much of what I've read on here.

As for Fine Cut, the aged ribeye was just "off" - definitely no Mastro's or Bob's or Alexander's, for my own comparison out here in California. 

Edited by 4-2-N-8

5 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I see some outdoor tables on the deck plan and I wonder if anyone knows if you can dine outside if the weather is appropriate.  

Came here to say this. You can ask to dine al fresco at Fine Cut. This was possible on a recent 2022 Apex sailing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2023 at 6:02 PM, PMT51 said:

We were on the Edge a few weeks ago. Went to Fine Cut twice. We shared the Tomahawk steak both times with a side of lobster and lobster raviloli. Super yum ! 

It was served carved with the bone on the side for show. 

To bad we were not at home so I could gnaw the bone 😁

I was wondering if the Tomahawk was still an option as it does not show in the menu on the app. If you were there just weeks ago it sounds like it is.  Perhaps they don't show it on the app menu because it's a 'sharing' steak?  Menus in the app are good but I often find myself wondering if it is listing everything.  From the Grill, the app lists only two Filet Mignon and two Ribeye (different sizes).

9 hours ago, poffles said:

I was wondering if the Tomahawk was still an option as it does not show in the menu on the app. If you were there just weeks ago it sounds like it is.  Perhaps they don't show it on the app menu because it's a 'sharing' steak?  Menus in the app are good but I often find myself wondering if it is listing everything.  From the Grill, the app lists only two Filet Mignon and two Ribeye (different sizes).

Not sure if it is/was on the app. It was on the mFine+Cut+Menu+with+Prices+Celebrity+Beyond.pdfenu second page in the box titled "Premium Cuts".

Edited by PMT51
  • Like 1

We got off the Edge earlier this month.  Did a B2B and had a 3 night dining package each cruise.

We did Fine Cuts once on each cruise.  First night we had the tomahawk.  Great presentation.  A lot smaller than when we were on the Apex last year.  Meat was not quite as tender as it should have been.  Second night DH had the filet mignon and I had the ribeye.  Both were sub-par.

One good thing was that we were able to get Premium Beverage wines that we were not able to get any where else on the ship, which ticked me off to no end.  I could have stuck to the Classic Beverage package, saved a ton of money and just upgraded my wine each time for an upcharge.

We did Eden twice on each cruise and they were all wonderful.

These responses seem very hit and miss.  Do you think this is variable performance at the restaurant, or variations in people having different tastes / standards?  I get that it's likely a bit of both.  But, do you think it is more one, or more the other?

- Joel

On 2/27/2023 at 4:51 AM, TeeRick said:

When the bartenders did the "show" at the Martini Bar a lot of people crowded the rail to take pictures and watch.  While we were eating.  All around us.

I found the Fine Cuts restaurant to be loud and shouty even without the noise below.  When you compare Muranos to Fine Cuts,  Muranos has the rooms segmented into multiple rooms with the noise and visuals segmented.  Fine Cuts has the plexiglass separating the tables.  Not much separation in visuals or noise.  It was meant to be loud and shouty IMHO otherwise they would have designed it differently. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cl.klink said:

These responses seem very hit and miss.  Do you think this is variable performance at the restaurant, or variations in people having different tastes / standards?  I get that it's likely a bit of both.  But, do you think it is more one, or more the other?

- Joel

Definitely different standards and tastes.  Go to the STK Steakhouse in Las Vegas and you will get an idea...

Edited by NMTraveller

On 2/26/2023 at 6:58 PM, Seapoint said:

Went twice on Edge in December. first time was just ok, second time was disappointing. Ribeye was below average.

On the other hand, Eden was one of the best restaurants ever experienced, on land or sea!

Totally agree. We were not impressed by fine cut. Eden was the highlight for us on the Apex. 

• Like 1

We found both restaurants excellent, but the foods we chose were the best to our liking at Eden. 
Both restaurants had extremely loud music during some dinner times. We tried to plan our time and where we sat to stay away from the loudest times in each venue. We had one meal in Eden that we had to leave mid meal and have it delivered to our room. The music was so loud we couldn’t even place our order or speak to each other. The musicians were great, but not good playing through the speakers so loud directly into the dining area. We don’t have hearing issues, plus we noticed two other couples in our area just decided to leave, shouting to each other they’d have dessert elsewhere. 
Both restaurants do have delicious food.  (Luminae is also great, but overall no match for those two.) Look at the menus and see which fits your style of food best. And I now take earplugs along for the “just in case”.