Laundry Service aboard NCL Ships, especially the NCL/Spirit

RevZacc

I'll be aboard NCL/Spirit for a week in May followed by another week for an Alaska land tour.  Concerned about laundry and can't find details.  Finally found a note that says laundry/dry cleaning available.  So ... what services?  Self-served laundromats?  Laundry services?  Do I coordinate with my cabin steward to get that done?  What is the price for what volume?  Is that service available every day except perhaps the day before departure?  I would assume they would need a day's turn-around time.

Any information would be helpful.  If there is another thread that addresses this issue, please direct me there.  Thanks!

RevZacc

31 minutes ago, RevZacc said:

I'll be aboard NCL/Spirit for a week in May followed by another week for an Alaska land tour.  Concerned about laundry and can't find details.  Finally found a note that says laundry/dry cleaning available.  So ... what services?  Self-served laundromats?  Laundry services?  Do I coordinate with my cabin steward to get that done?  What is the price for what volume?  Is that service available every day except perhaps the day before departure?  I would assume they would need a day's turn-around time.

Any information would be helpful.  If there is another thread that addresses this issue, please direct me there.  Thanks!

RevZacc

Which dates?  There are individual date groups on Facebook that are lots like roll calls.  $30 for a small bag, usually 50% off midweek.

4 hours ago, RevZacc said:

RevZacc

See Post #2 on the thread referenced above for individual pricing. 

No self service laundry on any NCL ship. 

About mid-cruise, you will be offered the bulk laundry service - fill-a-bag for $29 (up from $19 pre pandemic). It is currently next night service. You fill the bag and leave it on your bed. Your room steward will send it down and a basket of freshly washed and folded clothes will be returned. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2023 at 3:09 PM, jdc987 said:

Which dates?  There are individual date groups on Facebook that are lots like roll calls.  $30 for a small bag, usually 50% off midweek.

24 May 2023.

On 3/3/2023 at 8:24 PM, BirdTravels said:

See Post #2 on the thread referenced above for individual pricing. 

No self service laundry on any NCL ship. 

About mid-cruise, you will be offered the bulk laundry service - fill-a-bag for $29 (up from $19 pre pandemic). It is currently next night service. You fill the bag and leave it on your bed. Your room steward will send it down and a basket of freshly washed and folded clothes will be returned. 

What is the price on the non-$29 special days?

We were on a Dawn 2 weeker earlier this month. Paid $29. for a good size bag of laundry-returned next day. Leave on bed in bag with document and call for pickup. Worked great!

3 hours ago, jimw said:

We were on a Dawn 2 weeker earlier this month. Paid $29. for a good size bag of laundry-returned next day. Leave on bed in bag with document and call for pickup. Worked great!

Repeating my earlier question, was $29 a special rate or is it an every day rate?

The laundry special will be near the middle of your cruise.  Lately, they haven't always been overnight, for example, they might give you the coupon on Wednesday or Thursday and tell you your laundry will be returned Saturday night.  If you have a laundry perk with your stateroom/latitude status, you can do it at any time.

If you are on a NCL cruisetour, there might also be laundry facitilies at the hotel, although from my experience they might not tell you in advance what hotel you are going to stay at.

• Like 1

We were on Spirit for 12 days and sent laundry twice.  Laundry for simple "wash dry fold" items was fine.  I sent a pair of khaki cotton pants and they came back the first time just washed and folded, not even folded on the crease, but on the seam and not pressed or starched.  Had to send them back and explain to steward what I wanted. 

36 minutes ago, mistertomatoe said:

Stupid question from someone who's only done laundry at home or themselves. Do they wash your clothes with other people's clothes? Seems strange if I send in some panties and a bra they would only wash them by themselves.

I believe all your stuff is put in a bag, multiple bags would be washed together.  They put tags on everything but socks/underwear.

6 hours ago, CptBoatface said:

The adhesive tags are really small and finding them can be hard.  Also if you find them a few months later, you have a reminder of happy cruise memories.  

A few months later…

On your next cruise…

A year or 2 later…

You never know when they might show up…

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 10:16 PM, RevZacc said:

24 May 2023.

Hi we have this problem whenever we take an NCL cruise no laundromats on board. The best bet is the bag of laundry special when it is offered, there is another option which you may not like but if you are in Skagway there is a very nice laundromat not far from the ship which you can take the all day shuttle which stops a block away.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RevZacc said:

Thanks. Yeah, not happy with that option. Assume the laundry special will be toward the end of the cruise. Correct?

Usually about mid week is the Fill A Bag laundry special.

With all the wiild weather in the Southeast, I pray that you and your family are safe and doing well.

Edited by www3traveler
Add a comment
  • Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 5:24 AM, mistertomatoe said:

Stupid question from someone who's only done laundry at home or themselves. Do they wash your clothes with other people's clothes? Seems strange if I send in some panties and a bra they would only wash them by themselves.

They fill their 55 kg (121 lbs) washers and wash full loads. All laundry is tagged or bagged so it can be sorted after drying. We wandered down to Deck 2 last week. 

IMG_2845.thumb.jpeg.9782661b804efa6200e2ca1b7b40dedf.jpegIMG_2848.thumb.jpeg.c7ee062a4593a71e9e360ddf41059120.jpeg

IMG_2854.thumb.jpeg.6d5310d03b5357ca4bb5ba1c5ccb7eb5.jpeg
IMG_2844.thumb.jpeg.e61d8c21deae89e8e4025fbd6715297c.jpegIMG_2856.thumb.jpeg.23ada675a94a51ccfed8f70e85303de8.jpegIMG_2867.thumb.jpeg.a36f7d2721bc87b4130ac6a441d7c3c5.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1