Equinox aft sky suite with TWO poles???

Shiba_Lover

Hi - the other day I asked about Equinox aft corner sky suites.  The answers came back - yes, some had poles, some did not.  I booked one today.  I booked 1666 (deck 11, starboard).  I had a look now at the reviews in the spreadsheet and it looks like it has TWO ???   Has anyone stayed in this room - if yes, does it really have two poles, and is this a big issue?  I want to be on the starboard side due to the cruise route (Feb 15, 2025 South America) - sailing Buenos Aires to Valpariso.  I could switch to another room I guess - but if all starboards have two poles, I will stay there.  I am thinking I don't want 2146 (or another non-corner aft) on deck 12 since I don't want to be under the Oceanview Bar.   Anyone stayed in a 2-pole room and find it OK?  I could get an starboard (not aft) Aqua Sky on deck 12 - but I am not sure I want to be on deck 12 - looks like that is open to the pool deck.  Could also do a CS on deck 10 starboard to avoid deck 12 and still get a good view from balcony.

Thanks!

Edited by ehall

We stayed in a corner aft Sky Suite port side  and it had 2 poles.  One was near the bed and the other was by the sofa.  The one by the sofa was not in the path of anything.  The one by the bed could be walked into if one wasn't paying attention.  

They really were a none issue.  

Two poles are really not a big deal at all.  There is one close to the side of the bed, along with another by the bathroom.  However, if you are “location challenged” it might be an issue.  it depends on the person sleeping on that particular side of the bed, as the other is really, IMHO, a non-issue.  I slept by the pole side of the bed and never had an issue, but I also do not get up in the night very either.  the other issue that some have with those corner aft suites is the spider next to the balcony, but it is not a deal-breaker either.

You can see the pole to the left of my DH; only picture I could find, so please do not tell him!

IMG_4120.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

the other issue that some have with those corner aft suites is the spider next to the balcony, but it is not a deal-breaker either.

The OP is booked on deck 11 of Equinox, so the spider (window washing equipment) should be on deck 10.

p.s. @LastdanceI won't tell him unless I see him bwaa haa ha😂

Edited by Silkroad
  • Haha 1

Thanks, @jelayne and @Lastdance  so this does not sound like it will be too awful.  And this has the porthole as well?  Thanks again!!  Oh - and these seem to have a really slanted out balcony instead of the balcony facing really backwards - do you still get a good aft view of the wake, or do you have to look sideways?  Some reviews mentioned that it was not a real aft view because of the angle.

Edited by ehall

3 hours ago, ehall said:

Thanks, @jelayne and @Lastdance  so this does not sound like it will be too awful.  And this has the porthole as well?  Thanks again!!  Oh - and these seem to have a really slanted out balcony instead of the balcony facing really backwards - do you still get a good aft view of the wake, or do you have to look sideways?  Some reviews mentioned that it was not a real aft view because of the angle.

I have not heard that comment until you just mentioned it.  I loved my aft/wake view!

IMG_5279.jpeg

• Like 1

Just off Solstice where we met some people who had a 2 pole sky suite. They requested the beds be separated and in doing so  the pole became more of an issue. After the second night of near concussion on the way to the bathroom they tied a pillow around the pole. I have a feeling this had more to do with the martini bar than the actual pole. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I have a feeling this had more to do with the martini bar than the actual pole. 

Agreed!! In my younger days, that pole by the bed would have *definitely* been a problem...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I have not heard that comment until you just mentioned it.  I loved my aft/wake view!

IMG_5279.jpeg

that;s a great view!  Not sure what the reviews were talking about.  Anyway - husband decided on a CS, so we moved to that, so we are in 1110 now.    But thank you for the feedback - much appreciated!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Two poles are really not a big deal at all.  There is one close to the side of the bed, along with another by the bathroom.  However, if you are “location challenged” it might be an issue.  it depends on the person sleeping on that particular side of the bed, as the other is really, IMHO, a non-issue.  I slept by the pole side of the bed and never had an issue, but I also do not get up in the night very either.  the other issue that some have with those corner aft suites is the spider next to the balcony, but it is not a deal-breaker either.

You can see the pole to the left of my DH; only picture I could find, so please do not tell him!

IMG_4120.jpeg

that must have been some excursion or was it martini bar overload....🤔

• Haha 1

We love the aft sky suites on S-Class ships and have stayed in them a number of times.  We had two poles, but for us after day one we hardly noticed them.  Also the aft view of the wake is not in any way obstructed.  We have stayed twice with the window washing equipment on the side.  Not really a big deal either.   I would take any of these aft suites without hesitation.  But note that it is more walking if you are mobility impaired.

We were on EQ Deck 8 in a corner aft suite for the holiday cruise (which @mahdnc sadly had to cancel) and loved it.  A single pole on DW's side of the bed, which she adorned with holiday lights.  We're in the same room on Sille for the October TA.  Can't wait.

• Thanks 1

This is a reenactment of my husband walking into the pole between the bed and bathroom during the first night!  We were in 1663 and loved our room!  Room was very spacious. Best room ever!  4E5679C8-4C4C-46A2-A3AF-FDBFF45E8482.thumb.jpeg.848ed84d7642c4a6e96dc33bc9ef91c6.jpeg22E82AC8-6876-47ED-A841-93ED45F3F547.thumb.jpeg.e9025a4cc012b20aaae2c577e68072de.jpegI don’t even remember a 2nd pole. 

• Like 1