Venezia tips and must dos?

We have a 12 nighter coming up in October on the Venezia and i was looking to have a bit of a plan what to do for the six sea days.  

I havent done much research on the ship yet but i know its considerably different than non Costa Carnival ships. Are there any must do's on the ship that i might not be aware of (we've sailed Carnival probably a dozen times, or so).  

I booked the hibachi for one night since the italian joint was pretty much sold out on sea days.   me and the mrs love us some hibachi on land and we like the hibachi at sea.  

Thanks all! 

We are probably on the same sailing. It’s a Journeys cruise so I think they have extra stuff they offer. We just did the Panorama and it was packed, lots of kids, so I have a feeling this might not have as many. It’s also over Halloween so I assume there will be costumes that night. That should be fun. 

• Like 1

It's hard to tell.  I'm not sure if you're aware of the story about the Venezia, but basically she was finished before the COVID shutdown and was only in service for 5 months.  As of Christmas 2022, she's been signed over to Carnival who is currently remodeling the ship, so she is in dry dock and isn't due to sail until June 2023.  

While you certainly can look at the YouTube videos of her, please keep in mind that most of them are from 2019 and some things may have changed.

Edited by broadwaybaby123
  • Like 3

I'm on her 6/19-6/27.  Would love to hear from anyone cruising her before me and I'll  return the favor to anyone cruising after me! I had booked this cruise on Magic but CCL switched me over.  I'm excited.  Even booked 2 more cruises on her!  

• Like 3

I posted a tour video the other day, link below. However, it’s based entirely on photos, drawings, and the floor plan PDF.

I’m sailing my first-ever Carnival cruise on Venezia in July, so I’ll take any tips I can get—even if it may differ on Venezia. (I realize this ship has some intentional differences, but surely there are a lot of standard features across the fleet.) I tried starting a FAQs, tips and tricks thread like there is on the Royal Caribbean board, but I didn’t really get much feedback. I feel a little lost since I went into the Royal Caribbean cruises telling my family all the things we shouldn’t miss, etc. And for this cruise, I got nothing other than hyping up that my daughter can have Guy Fiere burgers, as it’s been a silly joke that she’s a big fan and I don’t exactly see the charm. So I’d take ANY tips, please!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2899543-carnival-venezia-new-food-bar-and-other-exciting-featuresconcepts-debuting/?do=findComment&comment=65007197

10 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I'm on her 6/19-6/27.  Would love to hear from anyone cruising her before me and I'll  return the favor to anyone cruising after me! I had booked this cruise on Magic but CCL switched me over.  I'm excited.  Even booked 2 more cruises on her!  

On this sailing myself with family. Looking forward to any info before hand about ship. If not we will be the ones disseminating the info. Can't wait to see ship as we went threw the Magic room conversion ourselves. 

28 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

just got an update from cruiseindustrynews dot com that Venezia arrives at Navantia ahead of Carnival conversion.  

never heard of Navantia! 

Navantia is the name of the cadiz shipyard, famous for the sunshine conversion on the 3 ships 

mariinetraffic websites shows the venezia arrived on the 16

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 6:34 AM, Bound4Bermuda said:

I posted a tour video the other day, link below. However, it’s based entirely on photos, drawings, and the floor plan PDF.

I’m sailing my first-ever Carnival cruise on Venezia in July, so I’ll take any tips I can get—even if it may differ on Venezia. (I realize this ship has some intentional differences, but surely there are a lot of standard features across the fleet.) I tried starting a FAQs, tips and tricks thread like there is on the Royal Caribbean board, but I didn’t really get much feedback. I feel a little lost since I went into the Royal Caribbean cruises telling my family all the things we shouldn’t miss, etc. And for this cruise, I got nothing other than hyping up that my daughter can have Guy Fiere burgers, as it’s been a silly joke that she’s a big fan and I don’t exactly see the charm. So I’d take ANY tips, please!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2899543-carnival-venezia-new-food-bar-and-other-exciting-featuresconcepts-debuting/?do=findComment&comment=65007197

The problem is, as others have pointed out, is that NOBODY has sailed on it yet in it's current form (and the previous sailings have been out of China.  So this is why you've seen very little about it and you probably won't get much feedback until it does it's maiden voyage in a couple of months.   We are going on it toward the end of July.  I've watched whatever videos are available on YouTube and they all show the same concept pics and current pics of what it looks like now.   None of us know anything different at this point.  So I wouldn't expect any action on your thread until we get much more info.   Most of us know about all there is to know at this point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, steveknj said:

The problem is, as others have pointed out, is that NOBODY has sailed on it yet in it's current form (and the previous sailings have been out of China.  So this is why you've seen very little about it and you probably won't get much feedback until it does it's maiden voyage in a couple of months.   We are going on it toward the end of July.  I've watched whatever videos are available on YouTube and they all show the same concept pics and current pics of what it looks like now.   None of us know anything different at this point.  So I wouldn't expect any action on your thread until we get much more info.   Most of us know about all there is to know at this point.

Thanks! I was just trying to start up a general FAQs like they have pinned on the Royal Caribbean board—not even Venezia specific—as I presume a lot of the ships carry over similar venues, features, menus, and policies. Like, what beverages are for free (without a drink package)? What meals are not to be missed in the MDR? What are the fun shows? What are the tips and tricks? Like in RCI, go eat breakfast/lunch in the Solarium Bistro to avoid the crowds in Windjammer, and get the infamous roast beef sandwich in the Park Cafe. Don’t do My Time Dining or you’ll wait forever—-that kind of stuff. It seems like a similar general FAQs would apply in Carnival since everything about Venezia that has come out is pointing out the slight differences, like this Guy’s burgers is going to have fried mozzarella on it—but it still has a Guy’s Burgers. But is that free or extra? 

7 hours ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

Thanks! I was just trying to start up a general FAQs like they have pinned on the Royal Caribbean board—not even Venezia specific—as I presume a lot of the ships carry over similar venues, features, menus, and policies. Like, what beverages are for free (without a drink package)? What meals are not to be missed in the MDR? What are the fun shows? What are the tips and tricks? Like in RCI, go eat breakfast/lunch in the Solarium Bistro to avoid the crowds in Windjammer, and get the infamous roast beef sandwich in the Park Cafe. Don’t do My Time Dining or you’ll wait forever—-that kind of stuff. It seems like a similar general FAQs would apply in Carnival since everything about Venezia that has come out is pointing out the slight differences, like this Guy’s burgers is going to have fried mozzarella on it—but it still has a Guy’s Burgers. But is that free or extra? 

Guys will still be free.  But, the TA is on May 29 and then over June, July and August there are 3 four day trips to Bermuda, 8 eight day trips to the Caribbean and 2 trips to Canada.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Guys will still be free.  But, the TA is on May 29 and then over June, July and August there are 3 four day trips to Bermuda, 8 eight day trips to the Caribbean and 2 trips to Canada.

Yeah, I’ll be on the 8 day eastern Caribbean on July 17.

On 3/18/2023 at 10:07 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

We have a 12 nighter coming up in October on the Venezia and i was looking to have a bit of a plan what to do for the six sea days.  

I havent done much research on the ship yet but i know its considerably different than non Costa Carnival ships. Are there any must do's on the ship that i might not be aware of (we've sailed Carnival probably a dozen times, or so).  

I booked the hibachi for one night since the italian joint was pretty much sold out on sea days.   me and the mrs love us some hibachi on land and we like the hibachi at sea.  

Thanks all! 

It's hard to tell since the Venezia is still remodeling. Basically, she's a former Costa ship that was built just before the COVID shutdown. She had sailed for 5 months at that point. Recently, Carnival announced that she was signed over to them and was going through some remodeling. She's due to debut in June, however Carnival hadn't said much about what she's offering.

i read the "Alchemy" bar is going to be Italian influenced with the Negroni, Americano and another drink mentioned that i forgot the name of, amongst other offerings. 

And Guy's burgers will have an Italian themed burger.  

Other than that i'm dry on any particulars.  Will be fun to see what shakes out the next couple months! 

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2023 at 9:08 PM, Crusin Karen said:

@Crusin Karen when they moved you from Magic to Venezia, did you get your same cabin?

We were also booked on the Magic and got swapped to Venezia, couple months after your trip.

We're happy to be on the "new" ship, but not only we were not given the same cabins as we had booked on Magic; we were downgraded. Curious what happened to 9thers who were swapped from Magic.

4 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

we were downgraded. Curious what happened to 9thers who were swapped from Magic.

I am on the 6/15 inaugural sailing. i was originally booked on the magic in a 1A porthole cabin that had a small view of the ocean. When the ship switch happen, i was downgraded to a basic interior cabin with no windows at all. Carnival says this is an upgrade since i went from 1A to like 4B category

To me going to a room with no window or view is a massive downgrade

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

I am on the 6/15 inaugural sailing. i was originally booked on the magic in a 1A porthole cabin that had a small view of the ocean. When the ship switch happen, i was downgraded to a basic interior cabin with no windows at all. Carnival says this is an upgrade since i went from 1A to like 4B category

To me going to a room with no window or view is a massive downgrade

On another ship I was moved from the large 1A porthole to a tiny 4E HC that half the cabin was the bathroom and the beds didnt even push together. I was unhappy too. They didnt even email or let me know before I boarded. My PVP said carnival has the right to move you. I didnt use her much after that after she took carnivals side. Now I use a TA.