Crystal Announces Launch of Exceptional Initiative Guests who Lost Money Under Crystal Cruises’ Former Ownership Can Apply

Keith1010

1 hour ago, ryndam said:

It's an interesting marketing gesture. My simple, non-actuary/mathematic-type brain did a quickie not-so-hypothetical calculation. It's a 20% discount off of A&K Cruises/Crystal's higher per diem rates. So one needs to spend $150K to "recover" $30K in lost/unreimbursed/bankrupt advance deposits with Genting/Crystal. This appears to be a generous initiative, especially for those booked on future, multi-segment WC's or Grand Journeys. For others, maybe not so much. There doesn't appear to be any downside to register for the credits by 6/1/23.

Rob

I understand that our amount due will be divided among 5. This means that for the first five cruises we book with NC we will have a discount in the amount of our credit for each cruise. For example if Crystal owes us US 10.000, then for the first five cruises we book, the price of each cruise will be reduced in US 2000. It is an intelligent move from NC to get us back. I have an incentive to look for future cruises with NC but this incentive as welcome as it is, it is not decisive. If I find an itinerary I like, at a per diem I find acceptable, I will make my bookings.

Ivi

• Like 2

Last question: on the Apply for Credit form it asks if you are working with a travel advisor and asks you to input your travel advisor's name and agency name.  I changed travel advisors and booked cruises on new Crystal with a different advisor than the advisor I worked with for the cancelled old Crystal cruises.  Which advisor name should I input on the form?  

2 minutes ago, happy cruising said:

Last question: on the Apply for Credit form it asks if you are working with a travel advisor and asks you to input your travel advisor's name and agency name.  I changed travel advisors and booked cruises on new Crystal with a different advisor than the advisor I worked with for the cancelled old Crystal cruises.  Which advisor name should I input on the form?  

I have also changed travel advisors and I have put the name of the new one. Because I would like that my new travel advisor do the new bookings for me and I do not wish to be contacted directly by a NC representative. 
Ivi

6 minutes ago, happy cruising said:

They want to know about your new one not your old one.

Keith

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

I just submitted one.

Very easy.

If you have your form from Moecker it makes it easy. I also needed my Crystal Society Number.

Keith

Just submitted mine. Takes less than a minute. Need:

1. Crystal Society #;

2. Booking # (or bookings #'s) for cruises that were canceled;

3. Amount still owed/unreimbursed/claimed.

The saga/journey continues...

Rob

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, happy cruising said:

Perhaps the reasoning on the back to backs counting as only 1 voyage is that there is already a discount on back to back voyage bookings.

When you book a back yo back yes it is one voyage in terms of pricing.  

keith 

Sure all would love to get all the money back ASAP but they are giving some back under some conditions.  As said they don't need to do anything.  Even if only to increase bookings that are less than they want it is still giving back to people who lost money to another company.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, jet65 said:

First, you complain that NC isn’t doing anything to promote good will. Now, when they offer what I think is a very generous offer, considering that they don’t have to do ANYTHING, you say it stinks.

enough already….

The offer is not “generous”

I said it was a nice gesture of good will and I applaud it

the terms are insane 

it will work well only for those planning to be regulars with the new company and I am happy for those who can take advantage of it

and it does stink that 5 cruises can’t include b2bs or grand voyages. Makes it much harder to squeez3 in 5 cruises to get all the money back

7 minutes ago, hypercafe said:

Sounds like a good deal because if you expected to get back nothing and now you can get something back, if you want to sail the NC, it's really found money. Something for nothing.

If you planned to sail nc anyway it’s fabulous 

found money 

I don’t plan to get off any thread

my opinion is as valid as anyone else’s

i suggest you read all my posts on this issue before making any more inaccurate comments 

in sum

i said I applaud new crystal for making the offer at all. Go back and read

i do not think the terms are favorable to anyone except those planning to sail nc anyway

will it attractthose on the fence?  No ideA

20% off prices that are 20% higher is not a bargain u less you wanted to sail the nc anyway

5 cruises in 3 years that exclude b2b gvs and world cruises is not generous  imo

any avid cruiser such as myself is already booked well into 2025

I am not sure if I see it right but it is not a 20% discount of the cruise price what they are offering. It is 1/5 of the amount that the OC owed us to be applied as a discount for the the first five cruises we book with the new Crystal.

Example: if Original Crystal owes us USD 10.000 then 1/5 is US 2000. if I find a cruise that costs US 6000 then US 6000 minus US 2000, the price I will have to pay it is US 4000. In this case the discount for my cruise will be  33%. 
If the new cruise I am trying to book costs US 20000, my discount is still US 2000. This  means I will pay US 18.000. In terms of percentage, the discount will be in this case 10%.

IMHO, I am glad the New Crystal is doing something. 

Ivi

• Like 5

Thanks for the information Keith.

I see that currently Crystal is only showing departures till the end of 2024 but the credit can be used for 2025 as well. Do you think that the schedule for these sailings will be released soon so that we may be able to take advantage of the offer?

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I just submitted one.

Very easy.

If you have your form from Moecker it makes it easy. I also needed my Crystal Society Number.

Keith

Hi Keith,

I don't have a Crystal Society number as what were to be my first two cruises on Crystal were canceled due to the bankruptcy.  I did file claims with Michael Moecker as I'm out nearly $10,000 in deposits.  The claim form did not ask for a Crystal Society number.  As far as you know, will I qualify for these credits?  Thanks!

Bill

19 minutes ago, seaknots said:

what happens if a refund is received through the insolvency proceedings after a discounted cruise has been booked & paid

They will issue the credits after that is done. If you are on the July 31 cruise and the proceedings are not completed by then you will receive them retroactively.

Keith