Alcohol brought onboard

Abby Normal

We traveled in January and brought 4 bottles onboard.  There were 2 of us.  No charge.

We did not take a bottle to a restaurant so don’t know if they actually enforce the corkage fee which is supposed to apply when you take the bottle to dinner.

• Like 1

On our last cruise after a couple of nights of walking in with a glass of wine, the wine steward said it was fine for us to bring a full bottle of wine and she would open we no fee. We didn't have a drink package but did tip her well.  Now that's a YMMV but I thought I'd share.  And this was in Blue.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Apologies for the slight hijack, but what is X's policy on bringing on board alcohol purchased at intermediate port stops? Some other lines (Princess for one) certainly allow pax to bring alcohol back and are happy provide a receipt and to keep the bottle(s) for them, returning them the day before disembarkation. Does Celebrity also do this or do they confiscate & dispose?

See this thread, among many on this topic

On 3/25/2023 at 7:16 AM, Abby Normal said:

Hi All,
There is a lot of confusion over Celebrity’s alcohol policy.  The website indicates that 2 bottles of wine per stateroom may be brought onboard at embarkation, while it states 2 bottles per adult in another place.  Has anyone tested 2 bottles per person yet?  There is also debate as to the corkage fee.  Does anyone have recent experience?  Is it still only charged in restaurants and lounges, or is it now charged at embarkation?  TIA.

Abby

thank you for asking this. I'm not dumb, but i am also confused. celebrity says you can bring 2 bottles per stateroom which i would love to do. i have no wine or drink program. i want to drink it in my cabin only. i will not take it anywhere else. does a corkage apply? i really don't want to pay 25.00 for my 10. bottle of wine. i really always bring 2 bottles on all my cruises  one for husband and one for me. but now there seems to be vague and conflicting information. please clarify this for me if you have cruised in march on celebrity and you brought wine aboard please let me know if you were charged corkage fee for one bottle in stateroom  only consumption. i know that if yu have a drink package you don't have restrictions.  of course that's one less drink you will consume lol.

On 3/25/2023 at 8:53 AM, Bo1953 said:

Your questions have been answered, the policy/experiences is/are:

two (2) bottles per person

corkage fee: ANY passenger without an alcohol beverage package AND brings unopened bottles outside of their cabin, fee $25.00.

You have received reliable information from all who have responded to your inquiry for clarification.

Cheers and bon voyage

so are you saying if they take the wine out of their cabin they are charged corkage fee. but no fee to consume 2 bottles in stateroom ? this is where i am confused?? i want to bring one bottle for me and one for husband to enjoy in cabin only on embarkation day?? 

2 hours ago, the mistral wind said:

thank you for asking this. I'm not dumb, but i am also confused. celebrity says you can bring 2 bottles per stateroom which i would love to do. i have no wine or drink program. i want to drink it in my cabin only. i will not take it anywhere else. does a corkage apply? i really don't want to pay 25.00 for my 10. bottle of wine. i really always bring 2 bottles on all my cruises  one for husband and one for me. but now there seems to be vague and conflicting information. please clarify this for me if you have cruised in march on celebrity and you brought wine aboard please let me know if you were charged corkage fee for one bottle in stateroom  only consumption. i know that if yu have a drink package you don't have restrictions.  of course that's one less drink you will consume lol.

There is no corkage charged if you enjoy the wine in your state room.

Corkage may be charged if you bring an unopened bottle of wine to the dining room or one of the bars.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, the mistral wind said:

so are you saying if they take the wine out of their cabin they are charged corkage fee. but no fee to consume 2 bottles in stateroom ? this is where i am confused?? i want to bring one bottle for me and one for husband to enjoy in cabin only on embarkation day?? 

If you are enjoying the bottle in your state room, there is no corkage charge.

15 minutes ago, the mistral wind said:

"unopened" is the operating adjective from my statement....

You can bring two (2) bottles per person at initial embarkation...

Cheers and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
Clarification...

@the mistral wind Simplified:

1. You can bring 2 bottles of wine per person (at most 4 per stateroom).

2. No corkage fee if you drink in your staeroom. Get glasses from a bar or have your attendant bring them. They can take them away, too.

3. No corkage fee if you pour your own in your room and take the glasses with you to dinner or anywhere else. They don't care in the dining rooms where you got the wine.

4. Don't worry about doing it wrong. Just keep the bottle in your room and you will be like 1000 other people on board!

Edited by mayleeman
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mayleeman said:

2. No corkage fee if you drink in your staeroom. Get glasses from a bar or have your attendant bring them. They can take them away, too.

3. No corkage fee if you pour your own in your room and take the glasses with you to dinner or anywhere else. They don't care in the dining rooms where you got the wine.

4. Don't worry about doing it wrong. Just keep the bottle in your room and you will be like 1000 other people on board!

Excellent. Especially when dining in Tuscan Grill and Le Petit Chef I want to enjoy a nice glass of my wine. And in the MDR a Sancerre at Lobster Night if there is a Lobster Night 😄 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 9:27 PM, mayleeman said:

@the mistral wind Simplified:

Thank you kindly my husband will bring 2 750 ml and I will too. Thrilled about this. We will just consume in our stateroom. It will be on a long cruise 16 days so it will be nice to have our wine. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, the mistral wind said:

Thank you kindly my husband will bring 2 750 ml and I will too. Thrilled about this. We will just consume in our stateroom. It will be on a long cruise 16 days so it will be nice to have our wine. 

mw - you can consume your wine anywhere on the ship, you just cannot bring a bottle out of the cabin, but a glass, yes!!!

I Am not sure how it would work if you brought an 'open' bottle of wine to one of the dining venues, that would be an ask when aboard...

Cheers and bon voyage

12 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

mw - you can consume your wine anywhere on the ship, you just cannot bring a bottle out of the cabin, but a glass, yes!!!

I Am not sure how it would work if you brought an 'open' bottle of wine to one of the dining venues, that would be an ask when aboard...

Cheers and bon voyage

Disclaimer, for some reason I always get dirty looks when I walk into the X-Club (kids) with a drink

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Disclaimer, for some reason I always get dirty looks when I walk into the X-Club (kids) with a drink

nag - My bad, needed to add: any place where alcohol can be served and consumed aboard... LOL

Thank you for pointing that out!!!

Cheers and bon voyage

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but the Celebrity Conduct Code now shows that guests are allowed to bring one bottle of wine on board per guest, not two.  Anyone have a recent experience to share?

Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard one (1) 750 ml bottle of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest.

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

There are parts of the website which have not been updated. It’s a sad state of affairs but that’s what happens at Celebrity. It is two bottles per person on embarkation day.

I think this may no longer be the case. Not trying to argue and I hope I am wrong, but as of today, 6/17/23 when I go to check their website, it states:  

Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard one (1) 750 ml bottle of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package.”

Source:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/conduct-policy#alcohol-policy

Can anyone cite a different source from Celebrity website or documents to contradict this? We already had our four bottles picked out, so I would be super-sad to have to cut this in half. 

I would say try it and see. Worst case senario they will hold the extra two bottles until the last night of the cruise and then return them.  Here's where I found their policy, but I can't find it now so not sure if it's changed or not. 

image.thumb.png.904f821627627a0e0f4566e9455c7a9b.png

54 minutes ago, kwagmyre said:

I think this may no longer be the case. Not trying to argue and I hope I am wrong, but as of today, 6/17/23 when I go to check their website, it states:  

Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard one (1) 750 ml bottle of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package.”

Source:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/conduct-policy#alcohol-policy

Can anyone cite a different source from Celebrity website or documents to contradict this? We already had our four bottles picked out, so I would be super-sad to have to cut this in half. 

I printed off my cruise e-docs YESTERDAY for my Summit cruise out of NJ and it clearly stated 2 bottles of wine per person.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I printed off my cruise e-docs YESTERDAY for my Summit cruise out of NJ and it clearly stated 2 bottles of wine per person.

You are absolutely right - I checked my docs and same - 2 bottles per person.  So at this point, the booking docs and website contradict each other - so I will happily pack four bottles, make sure I have a printed copy of those docs, and be prepared to argue the point if it comes up at boarding.  

Thanks for the info!

• Like 2