new menu questions

I looked for this in the forums but do not see it answered.  I was able to find 9 of the 10 new menus.  I assume welcome aboard will always be the first night and bon voyage will always be the last night.  We are going on an 8-night cruise in May.  My question is, is there a set order to the other days, such as Mexican is day 2, Carribean is day 3, etc.?  If so, what is the order?

In addition, there seems to be a discrepancy between the menus and the app.  Someone on our cruise that is on a current RC cruise showed the day 2 menu in her app currently and it showed the grand marnier souffle.  On all of the other menus that I can find that dessert is not listed.  My app also shows that dessert for day 2 but not sure if that is my sailing or the current sailing.  Unless it is on the one menu that I did not see.  Can anyone that used the MDR on a recent sailing confirm if the app is correct or are the printed menus, correct?  I used this link:

NEW Royal Caribbean Dinner Menus 2023 · Prof. Cruise (profcruise.com)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, masspector said:

I looked for this in the forums but do not see it answered.  I was able to find 9 of the 10 new menus.  I assume welcome aboard will always be the first night and bon voyage will always be the last night.  We are going on an 8-night cruise in May.  My question is, is there a set order to the other days, such as Mexican is day 2, Carribean is day 3, etc.?  If so, what is the order?

In addition, there seems to be a discrepancy between the menus and the app.  Someone on our cruise that is on a current RC cruise showed the day 2 menu in her app currently and it showed the grand marnier souffle.  On all of the other menus that I can find that dessert is not listed.  My app also shows that dessert for day 2 but not sure if that is my sailing or the current sailing.  Unless it is on the one menu that I did not see.  Can anyone that used the MDR on a recent sailing confirm if the app is correct or are the printed menus, correct?  I used this link:

NEW Royal Caribbean Dinner Menus 2023 · Prof. Cruise (profcruise.com)

Wit until the week that the same ship is doing the same 8 day itinerary then change your app to that sailing and you will see the exact order they are serving the menus in.

1 hour ago, masspector said:

Can anyone that used the MDR on a recent sailing confirm if the app is correct or are the printed menus, correct?

The app info becomes more complete/accurate closer to sailing. Set the app to a current 8 day sailing, like Odyssey, to see the menus you can expect.

2 hours ago, masspector said:

Can anyone that used the MDR on a recent sailing confirm if the app is correct

We just got of of a 10 night cruise with the new menu scheme, and several of the themes listed on the app at the start of the cruise changed throughout the week - sometimes a theme moved to a different night, and sometimes a theme disappeared and was replaced with on that had not ben there when we boarded. Hopefully by May they will have it figured out.

1 hour ago, masspector said:

I sorted by ship and destination.  I get this.  We are on the May 11, 2023, sailing.  No sailings before that.

image.thumb.png.4a4c01ec26df8f86e20556a47808a3c8.png

We’re on the sailing before you, from Honolulu to Vancouver, and I think Ovation is still using the old menus. I suspect our cruise or yours will be the first sailing with the new menus for Ovation. The app won’t be right for your cruise likely until the week before, maybe not even until the cruise starts. It seems to sort of default to something resembling the current sailing, which is fine for ships that repeat the same itinerary. Doesn’t work in this case.

Our cruise is next week on the Radiance and the menu is still not on the app.  I would like to see it before I book any specialty restaurant as I might be interested in what they are serving that evening in the MDR.  I suppose I will have to wait until I get onboard, sigh.

Thanks for all of the replies.  A fellow cruiser that is on Ovation now asked and they said that they "heard" they will start the new menus next cruise.  I will check the app closer to cruise time and she is going to update after the next cruise starts.

I'm actually happy to hear there are some wobbles with the rollout of the new menus.  I sailed from the day started the new ones, 1/14/23, to 1/26.  Then, I was back on b2b cruises from 2/26 to 3/20/23.  5 ships in all, and I had some bad experiences in the MDR.  

If you are not a beef or lamb eater, then your choices are slim. Yes, there is always a chicken, fish, vegetarian option on the menu every night, but the choices are limited.  I really miss the "Classic" menu where you had the same choices every night as alternatives.

I think now the food prep issues I experienced on several ships are more related to untrained staff in the kitchen who did not know how to prepare the recipes properly.  One ship that was a b2b had a terrible time getting the food to the tables hot, and this was over 2 weeks.  Family members of mine were on that ship last week and reported the problem had been solved.

If they are still serving the old menus it might mean that they are rethinking this rollout, and might be staying or going back to the former menu choices.  

I had no problem with the decrease in portion sizes, especially with the appetizers:  I would just order a double portion.  By the way, a double portion is NOT counted as a second entrée:  that's when you order two DIFFERENT main courses.  I think they are back-pedaling on that one, too.  I asked for the second one as a half portion side, and never had a problem (so far) with them accommodating my request.

Here's hoping they get this to a more satisfactory level fleetwide in the near future.

Ships:  Enchantment x2, Oasis, Grandeur, Vision, Anthem

Edited by pcur
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

App now shows the new menus for our cruise.  Not sure if they will be in that order but will check them every few days to confirm order and at least decide which nights we do not want to go to MDR.  Strange we do not have a menu listed for lobster night.

There are actually 11 menus.

We had only 1 (Italian) repeating on our 12 days cruise in March on Enchantment

Welcome Aboard

A Taste of France

A Taste of Italy

A Taste of UK

A Taste of Caribbean

Welcome to Mexican Night

A Taste of Asia

A Taste of Mediterranean

A Taste of USA

Welcome to Royal Night

Welcome to Bon Voyage

Edited by Tatka

10 minutes ago, Tatka said:

There are actually 11 menus.

We had only 1 (Italian) repeating on our 12 days cruise in March on Enchantment

Welcome Aboard

A Taste of France

A Taste of Italy

A Taste of UK

A Taste of Caribbean

Welcome to Mexican Night

A Taste of Asia

A Taste of Mediterranean

A Taste of USA

Welcome to Royal Night

Welcome to Mexican Bon Voyage

We had a Bon Voyage, is Mexican Bon Voyage a typo?  Just curious.

Have  5 night coming up this month and was surprised that there is no Bon Voyage menu.

Welcome Aboard. 

A taste of France

A taste of Mexico

A taste of the Caribbean

A taste if Italy. 

I was surprised that they didn't delete one and have the Bon Voyage menu. 

M

6 hours ago, mattR said:

They have a dinner menu posted for the day we get off the ship?

The menu for the entire sailing is usually posted in the app if you set it to the sailing you want to see (if fairly close to sailing). 

I was just reviewing the menus that the OP linked to (thank you!)

My wife mentioned that she did not see a duck entree.  Has anyone seen a duck entree on a posted menu or in person?  We will be on a 9-night Liberty cruise next year.

Edited by Cruisin'4Us

16 minutes ago, Cruisin'4Us said:

I was just reviewing the menus that the OP linked to (thank you!)

My wife mentioned that she did not see a duck entree.  Has anyone seen a duck entree on a posted menu or in person?  We will be on a 9-night Liberty cruise next year.

We had duck last year in Coastal Kitchen.  It was not great.