Spring TA cruisers - What are you MOST looking forward to ?

padgman1

Is it the food?

Is it a specialty drink?

Is it Progressive Trivia?

Is it the fact that you are on the ocean sailing to far off lands?

Is it the Park West art auctions?

Is it the stimulating conversation with Jim on his morning walks?

Tell us !

Me - I am looking forward to some lazy days reading and playing games/trivia and eating any and all fish entrees in restaurants.

Sorry, Jim, I'm going to be on the Silhouette. Maybe one day I can join you on a morning walk...

Part West , yes that 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have grandchildren that look better than their stuff 

Best thing is meeting our TA cruising friends which is probably over 30 on the Reflection

Isnt Jim on the Silly TA? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Best thing is meeting our TA cruising friends which is probably over 30 on the Reflection

I think Jim is on Apex TA.

• Thanks 1

We’ll be on a couple of transpacific cruises on the Eclipse in a few weeks and can’t wait to be spoiled once again. Going to restaurants 3 times a day. Sending our laundry out and having it magically returned clean and folded! Going to trivias, game shows, enrichment programs, and evening production shows. Going on excursions where we just have fun seeing stuff, especially wildlife! Sitting on our balcony looking out over the deep blue sea seeing what there is to see. Posting to a Live From thread and periodically going on scavenger hunts in search of answers to questions some might ask. And maybe, just maybe, seeing Jim and Iain once again out for a walk as we recently did when we crossed paths in Greenland. 😁

• Like 3

Going on first ever TA (Constellation) and can't wait for lots of relaxing days at sea ... maybe some good reading... hopefully lots of silent disco... mostly new ports.. and many other things I don't even know about since I haven't done this before!

• Like 1

Reading on the balcony, sipping wine on the balcony and everywhere else on the ship.  Relaxing sea days to rest up for the ports to come, this time quite a few of them, like TA's were in the past. Enjoying Luminae and all it's unique dishes.  Meeting new people.  Ending in Amsterdam, our first visit, where we get to explore for a few days.

Dislike--- the long ass flight home......ugh.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

Reading on the balcony, sipping wine on the balcony and everywhere else on the ship.  Relaxing sea days to rest up for the ports to come, this time quite a few of them, like TA's were in the past. Enjoying Luminae and all it's unique dishes.  Meeting new people.  Ending in Amsterdam, our first visit, where we get to explore for a few days.

Dislike--- the long ass flight home......ugh.

We ( DW and I) are traveling to Amsterdam the day after our cruise lands in Southampton for 2-3 days to visit, our first time also - great minds think alike.

Actually looking forward to the 10 hr flight from Amsterdam to Dallas...

I can sleep almost anywhere, so position is irrelevant.

Plus, I will have time to read anything I might not have finished on the cruise.

Finally, might get some decent food ( read A MEAL) in business class.

Travelling to UK to visit our grandchildren and arriving without jet lag.

Relaxing sea days with a good book and knitting.

I don’t mind the long flight back, we can recover at home.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, padgman1 said:

I can sleep almost anywhere, so position is irrelevant.

Plus, I will have time to read anything I might not have finished on the cruise.

Finally, might get some decent food ( read A MEAL) in business class.

Well we ARE coming home in business class for the first time so it should be better, still that many hours is still just not something we look forward to.  It is a disadvantage (for us) on East bound TA's.  Not so bad when the flight is at the beginning and all you have to do is enjoy the cruise home afterwards!!!

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 2:23 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Nope that's Silly -- I'm on Apex    Laughing out loud

Edited by Jim_Iain

On 3/29/2023 at 3:47 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

We’ll be on a couple of transpacific cruises on the Eclipse in a few weeks and can’t wait to be spoiled once again. Going to restaurants 3 times a day. Sending our laundry out and having it magically returned clean and folded! Going to trivias, game shows, enrichment programs, and evening production shows. Going on excursions where we just have fun seeing stuff, especially wildlife! Sitting on our balcony looking out over the deep blue sea seeing what there is to see. Posting to a Live From thread and periodically going on scavenger hunts in search of answers to questions some might ask. And maybe, just maybe, seeing Jim and Iain once again out for a walk as we recently did when we crossed paths in Greenland. 😁

Ken -   It's always amazing that as small as the ship are we sometimes just don't come in contact with those on CC.   It seems like Early diners and Late diners have totally different schedules.  

For all others -  we were on a B2B with Ken and didn't bump in to Ken until the second visit to Qaqortoq and we bumped into on a the road leading to a lake we both decided to hike around.  

I have to say that last cruise I participated in my first Slot Pull arranged by a member of our Roll Call.   It was the most fun I had in a long time.   It was really a great opportunity to meet others from the roll call as you cheer them on by name.

• Like 1

I have to say one of the things I like most of Trans Oceanic cruises is the relaxed nature and the ability to have uninterrupted time and long dinners with Iain.    Even though we do different things during the day and do our usual 3 hours of walking, I find sitting down for a 1 1/2 - 2 hour dinner we have an opportunity to reconnect in away we just don't do while at home.   After 34 years it is like early days of dating.

• Like 5

So looking forward to our first transatlantic on the Apex! Really nice way to get to Amsterdam for our Rhine River cruise.  It’s ironic though, our 15 day cruise in Aqua is only $200 more each than our flight home from Zurich and we only have premium economy! I am confident we are going to enjoy our cruise transportation way more than our flight.

look forward to lots of lazy days reading followed by some great ports that are new to us.  

4 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

What is a good number of consecutive sea days? Does Celebrity do a good job on entertaining during these days?

I think 6-7 days is a good number of consecutive days -   The Apex this year is 2 sea days then Bermuda then 6 sea days then a stop in Cork (Cobh).

Celebrity staff do a excellent job of keeping guests entertained.   There is far to many things offered that one could ever participate in all of them. 

We are the type of cruiser that are happy in doing our own thing and very rarely participate on ships activities.    I've talked to some that need constant activity finding TA's difficult.

• Thanks 1