Port Canaveral hotels

bgoff60

Anyone have any 'tried and true' favorites' for hotels in the Port Canaveral area?  Flying into Orlando and would like to get 'closer to the cruise port on the day we fly in...it is just our way...

Looking also for day of cruise transport that is offered by the hotel.

All hotels in Cape Canaveral (and most in Cocoa Beach nearby) have their fans - ask 20 folks and you will get 20 different recommendations! 

It really depends on what you are looking for. For example, if you want cruise ship views then no hotel match these rooms at the Holiday Inn Club:

qNMqJlkLLw8M3O77kYHieGpuKixU3x6l73CNT_1V

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

Home2Suites.

I stayed in the attached Hampton Inn. It was perfect - free breakfast (with multiple rooms with different buffet-style options), 5 minutes to the Alamo/Enterprise drop off, and a gas station right across the street.  I was waiting for the (free) rental car shuttle to the cruise terminal by 9 AM.  I spent less than 12 hours on hotel property, I won't say there was great value for what I paid, but that was partially due to my planning and scheduling so I can't fault the hotel too much there.

• Like 2

Doubletree in Cocoa Beach. Nice to get up in the morning with an ocean view from our room. Then a quick Uber ride to the port. 

1 hour ago, hallux said:

I stayed in the attached Hampton Inn. It was perfect - free breakfast (with multiple rooms with different buffet-style options), 5 minutes to the Alamo/Enterprise drop off, and a gas station right across the street.  I was waiting for the (free) rental car shuttle to the cruise terminal by 9 AM.  I spent less than 12 hours on hotel property, I won't say there was great value for what I paid, but that was partially due to my planning and scheduling so I can't fault the hotel too much there.

We spent 2 nights pre-cruise and it was a good value for us. Would definitely stay there again.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tapi said:

Doubletree in Cocoa Beach. Nice to get up in the morning with an ocean view from our room. Then a quick Uber ride to the port. 

The Doubletree is now the Hilton Garden Inn.  Changed after their major renovation due to the hurricane. 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2023 at 8:06 AM, SteerageJoe said:

All hotels in Cape Canaveral (and most in Cocoa Beach nearby) have their fans - ask 20 folks and you will get 20 different recommendations! 

It really depends on what you are looking for. For example, if you want cruise ship views then no hotel match these rooms at the Holiday Inn Club:

qNMqJlkLLw8M3O77kYHieGpuKixU3x6l73CNT_1V

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Vacation Club for 2 days before our cruise in August. I will second the views! We had an ocean front villa and I sat on the balcony with my coffee and watched our ship arrive and turn into the channel which is almost next door to the hotel. Perfect way to start cruise day.  Not to mention the hotel was wonderful; beach front, lazy river, slides, pool, putt putt and many more activities for the kids. We ubered to Fish lips and Grills for dinner the two nights. It will now be our hotel of choice if we leave from Port Canaveral.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

We just stayed at Four points by Sheraton, excellent location.. with tons of restaurants within walking distance., and they offer shuttle service to the port.

Cocoa Beach, we check in Sunday? Looks like a nice spot. Stayed at an older property last time that was recently renovated…Beachside I think

17 hours ago, dsnutz said:

Cocoa Beach, we check in Sunday? Looks like a nice spot. Stayed at an older property last time that was recently renovated…Beachside I think

My hubby and I loved the location, literally 2 blocks to the beach, there is a great restaurant a few blocks away called the Sandbar Sports Grill, and the hotel restaurant isn't bad either, we had apps and they were good. We already have this hotel booked for next year.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Do any of these hotels have where you can leave your car at the hotel while you are on your cruise?  Just curious 🤔

The Hampton Inn I was in allows that, for a fee...

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you!  Do you remember which Hampton Inn?  Or is there only one near the Port?

The Hampton Inn Cruise Port (near the terminal) does allow cruise parking but it is much more than the port…..($25 per day + taxes!!!)

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Do any of these hotels have where you can leave your car at the hotel while you are on your cruise?  Just curious 🤔

A quick check of the hotels I recommended here are the cruise parking prices:

Hampton Inn Cruise Port - $25 per day + taxes

Homewood Suites - $10 per day

Towneplace Suites - $12 per day

Springhill Suites - $12 per day

Residence Inn - $10 per day

Country Inn & Suites - $5 per day

******NOTE: a lot of these hotels also offer a shuttle to the port and may have a combined park/cruise price.  Or you can just pay to park and get your own transportation to the port*****

Does anyone know if there is a Hertz rental care in the area to drop off a car?

Hertz location near the port closed several years ago. Nearest location is in Cocoa (not Cocoa Beach) and near the 520/95 interchange .... 14 plus miles to the port (not a direct line) ... no shuttle that I'm aware of

2800 W King St, Cocoa, FL 32926  - in the Chevy dealership!

16 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

A quick check of the hotels I recommended here are the cruise parking prices:

Hampton Inn Cruise Port - $25 per day + taxes

Homewood Suites - $10 per day

Towneplace Suites - $12 per day

Springhill Suites - $12 per day

Residence Inn - $10 per day

Country Inn & Suites - $5 per day

******NOTE: a lot of these hotels also offer a shuttle to the port and may have a combined park/cruise price.  Or you can just pay to park and get your own transportation to the port*****

Be careful, Some of the these Hotels no longer to the park and cruise package. I am staying at Country Inn and Suites and last year allowed it but there message on the phone now says effective April they will not be doing the park and cruise package anymore. 

10 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Be careful, Some of the these Hotels no longer to the park and cruise package. I am staying at Country Inn and Suites and last year allowed it but there message on the phone now says effective April they will not be doing the park and cruise package anymore. 

A quick call to any hotel would confirm whether or not they still do, especially if it is still on their website as these parking rates are.