Butler requests in Retreat

KKB

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Interesting, George. Decoy here is about $28 a bottle. We may try for the  duckhorn  merlot this time in a couple of weeks. 

Here in California where we have only 25 Cent Tax per GALLON   a bottle of Decoy cab at Safeway is $19.99 and  Duckhorn merlot $36.99.

• Like 1

No lists.  

We meet our butler.  We don’t have any requests except for maybe a coffee in the morning.   We don’t need him to make reservations as we don’t need any.  

He gives us his card and says if we want anything give him a call.   We called him once for coffee in the morning,   Got it in 5 minutes.    Never used him for anything else. 

If you need or want anything give him a call.  Easiest way to get what you want when you want it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

It may be that we are Zenith but they have a stored profile for us and when I get a call from the Concierge she just reads down what I usually request and ask if there's anything else - 

We really aren't high maintenance and usually always have the same requests.

2 Isotonic pillows

Switch bubbly to Chardonnay

Extension Cord

Depending on our room type - if in a CS or above we usually have breakfast in our room daily and order by the hang tag.

About the only other thing is we send laundry about every other day (since we get free laundry and dry cleaning). 

Usually when I first meet the Butler I ask if he can get out Dinner Jackets pressed before the first Chic night.

I was in a Sky Suite in January and March on Silhouette and will be in a Sky Suite on Summit in two weeks. I've never received an email or a call about preferences.

I left a list for the butler last month to let him know what we wanted in the minibar. We had no issues having Pellegrino, Evian, Diet Coke, Sprite Zero, Vitamin Water, Dogfish Head 90 Minute and Peroni brought to the room. 

I had no idea to ask for mattress toppers, special pillows, or afternoon snacks. I also had no idea we could trade in the (terrible and hangover-inducing) Celebrity Vintages bubbles. I am so grateful that this thread popped up before my next trip! 😉 

Edited by tnm6217
  • Like 2

On 4/6/2023 at 9:14 AM, 39august said:

Interesting, George. Decoy here is about $28 a bottle. We may try for the  duckhorn  merlot this time in a couple of weeks. 

This week our Krogers has 25 percent off 6 or more bottles and Tom thumb’s has 30 percent off 12 or more , I normally by a case or two of our favorites and that will last us to next wine sale . We are redoing our kitchen and adding a 50 bottle wine cooler. 😁😁😁

• Like 1

Concierge sent an email so I sent back beverages & snacks we like, pillow & topper request (if available) & a request to change a spa time. 

Honestly I cannot imagine we need anything else!

15 hours ago, tnm6217 said:

I was in a Sky Suite in January and March on Silhouette and will be in a Sky Suite on Summit in two weeks. I've never received an email or a call about preferences.

I guess Celebrity heard me “gripe” because I ended up getting an email about preferences for my Summit sailing this morning! I attached it for you. I’m assuming upper suites may have additional preference options.

Summit Sky Suite Preferences Form.pdf

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tnm6217 said:

I guess Celebrity heard me “gripe” because I ended up getting an email about preferences for my Summit sailing this morning! I attached it for you. I’m assuming upper suites may have additional preference options

Congratulations.  We sail in a Sky Suite on 4/21 and still have not received anything. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Congratulations.  We sail in a Sky Suite on 4/21 and still have not received anything. 

I wonder if it's ship specific? My last two were on Silhouette and I never got anything like this.

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I guess I'm special!    I know the Concierge for Apex really well.   She called last week and we ended up chatting for 20 minutes.  We are traveling in a CS and that call was the third call for the third cruise we will be on.  

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, tnm6217 said:

I wonder if it's ship specific? My last two were on Silhouette and I never got anything like this.

I think you are correct.   When on Silhouette last time for a B3B never heard a word from the concierge and we were in a RS.   Really doesn't matter as it's easy enough to just let the butler and room attendant know the few items we need.

Unless you are in an upper level suite there isn’t much to be gained or lost by getting a email.  

Upper level suites get greeted at check-in, In room liquor selections,  included dining that is better handled pre boarding.  The email for lower level suites asks about things that are easily handled by the cabin attendant once on board extra hangers, pillow choices,  arrival time (not sure why as no one really cares ) departure time ( guess they want to see how soon they get rid of us).  The on board experience is what matters, not a email, and the on-board experience has been great.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I guess I'm special!    I know the Concierge for Apex really well.   She called last week and we ended up chatting for 20 minutes.  We are traveling in a CS and that call was the third call for the third cruise we will be on.  

We all know you are special.  😅  That's why we follow all your adventures wishing we were just as special. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, tnm6217 said:

I guess Celebrity heard me “gripe” because I ended up getting an email about preferences for my Summit sailing this morning! I attached it for you. I’m assuming upper suites may have additional preference options.

Summit Sky Suite Preferences Form.pdf 74.05 kB · 81 downloads

To be honest I have sailed suites on Celebrity for years (Sky and CS) and have never seen this form!

20 hours ago, tnm6217 said:

Summit Sky Suite Preferences Form.pdf 74.05 kB · 82 downloads

Yeah got this twice… but doesn’t give many options…

20 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

To be honest I have sailed suites on Celebrity for years (Sky and CS) and have never seen this form!

Ditto.

Not even for a Royal suite.

Edited by C-Dragons

On 4/6/2023 at 3:09 PM, Jim_Iain said:

About the only other thing is we send laundry about every other day (since we get free laundry and dry cleaning). 

@Jim_Iain Is the laundry/dry cleaning an elite perk or is it included with the room? 

I was under the impression upper suites get 2 bags of laundry, but if it's unlimited, that would make a huge difference!

The laundry/dry cleaning is a Zenith perk.  Laundry is included for high end suites, Royal Suite and above

Elite gets 1 bag of wash and fold laundry, 1item dry cleaned and 2 items pressed.  Elite plus gets a extra bag of wash & fold laundry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2023 at 10:03 AM, DaKahuna said:

This is one area where I think Royal Caribbean does it better that Celebrity.  On Royal Caribbean the onboard Suite Concierge reaches out to all suite guest about a week ahead of your sailing not just those in upper suites. 

I've always had a suite concierge reach out to me about a week prior to sailing and have never sailed in an upper suite.  Only sky suite and celebrity suites.  I think it has been shore side concierge, but they got the requests to ship side, and everything has been handled.  Last sailing was in February in a CS and I just asked for a few extra hangers in the closet and a few extra pillows.  I think they put every hanger on the ship in our closet.

we ve done SS and not often get a call in advance re requests.  However, once in our cabin,the butler has shown up not long after to ask if we have any preferences or needs.   We also had a cruise last spring that our butler was ill so cabin steward did awesome job doing double duty.