"National Beer Day" Beverage Package Sale

34 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

This is what it was last week before todays sale 

And this is exactly the same today with sale

Im so happy drinks are free 💯 

708DDE8F-13AE-4D98-B291-8457F7F4B930.thumb.png.89d045e18b7609b94a300cb017f24fa7.png

Bummer. Last time they did one of these sales most people saw larger than normal price drops. Mine is $54.99/day (but it's usually only $58.99/day which is still a lot lower than most sailings). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Bummer. Last time they did one of these sales most people saw larger than normal price drops. Mine is $54.99/day (but it's usually only $58.99/day which is still a lot lower than most sailings). 

That’s basically 4 drinks a day 😱

I’d be all over that if I needed to pay for it 

Even still, if you have to pay your price looks like a very good price 🥃

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marleycruiser said:

I can't stand RCL "sales"..... It is just so deceptive. I just checked for our Oasis sailing and it continues to be what it has been at $75.99 pp/d. Too rich for my blood. 

Reminds me of the furniture store sales. If it’s always on “sale” is it actually a sale? 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have two cruises booked, and they're not treated the same: 

- Cruise 1 -- the price says BOBO-half off, but the actual numbers are about $5 less than they were a few days ago. 

- Cruise 2 -- no mention of this Beer Day price, and the cost is the same as it has been.  

Do they discount more heavily for the older /smaller ships and charge more for the larger /newer ships?  Just wondering.  

8 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

- Cruise 1 -- the price says BOBO-half off, but the actual numbers are about $5 less than they were a few days ago. 

- Cruise 2 -- no mention of this Beer Day price, and the cost is the same as it has been.  

Do they discount more heavily for the older /smaller ships and charge more for the larger /newer ships?  Just wondering.  

I know for the Icon, it's $87.99 today and has been since we booked.

I checked about 10 of my booked cruises. The prices was no lower on any of them. Lowest price $72.99, highest $75.99. I usually ignore the emails because I feel like it's a "made you look" situation

2 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

That's the lowest price I have seen on any ship in quite some time...  Do you mind telling us what ship and sailing.  

2 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

That’s basically 4 drinks a day 😱

I’d be all over that if I needed to pay for it 

Even still, if you have to pay your price looks like a very good price 🥃

Ditto!

Just now, Tree_skier said:

That's the lowest price I have seen on any ship in quite some time...  Do you mind telling us what ship and sailing.  

Ditto!

Probably a transatlantic on one of the older ships.  Let’s see how I did and maybe I can get a side job at the circus guessing ages.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

I know for the Icon, it's $87.99 today and has been since we booked.

Price for my Icon cruise is $81.99 per day. No change. My Icon cruise is 3/9/24.

Edited by mramella

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

The prices for everything, including the deluxe beverage package, is always higher (I am sure there are exceptions) on the newer ships. That has been the case with RCI for a long time. It was exactly the same before COVID, except for the price point is definitely higher these days for the deluxe beverage package. 

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Ditto!

Agree - I was lucky enough to snag DBP at $59.99 pd a couple months back for Radiance in June.  I was shocked to see any number in the 50’s so I purchased immediately.  

All my others are still sitting around $79 area.

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, topnole said:

Probably a transatlantic on one of the older ships.  Let’s see how I did and maybe I can get a side job at the circus guessing ages.  

Exactly right.  We are on the Rhapsody TA for 17N and the drink package is $55.99/day.  We would definitely do it if we weren’t D+.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Agree - I was lucky enough to snag DBP at $59.99 pd a couple months back for Radiance in June.  I was shocked to see any number in the 50’s so I purchased immediately.  

All my others are still sitting around $79 area.

Agree... If I saw it in the $50's I'd probably grab it.  At $75 a day I'll just use my diamond vouchers and pay cash for the rest.  The math just doesn't make sense at  ~$75. I'd need nine $14 drinks a day to break even.  I can drink nine a day easily but I'm not going to every single day of a cruise.  Some days I'll exceed 9 other days I'll be well under.  I'm pretty sure I'm way better off doing it the way I'm doing now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Agree... If I saw it in the $50's I'd probably grab it.  At $75 a day I'll just use my diamond vouchers and pay cash for the rest.  The math just doesn't make sense at  ~$75. I'd need nine $14 drinks a day to break even.  I can drink nine a day easily but I'm not going to every single day of a cruise.  Some days I'll exceed 9 other days I'll be well under.  I'm pretty sure I'm way better off doing it the way I'm doing now.

We also agree with that logic so not buying the unlimited DP.

As new Diamonds (yeah!), I am curious if the 18% gratuity is charged when using the  vouchers ?

7 minutes ago, 2Scots said:

We also agree with that logic so not buying the unlimited DP.

As new Diamonds (yeah!), I am curious if the 18% gratuity is charged when using the  vouchers ?

Nothing is charged when you use your vouchers.  I usually hand over a couple bucks in cash with each drink though.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Newcruiser2012 said:

Reminds me of the furniture store sales. If it’s always on “sale” is it actually a sale? 🤔

Filenes got in trouble with the CT Dept of Consumer protection for this very reason.  We had to take the towels off sale on Mondays & Tuesday’s so they could be on sale the rest of the week.  Told customers to come back on Wednesday.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Ditto!

It's for an Asian sailing, that's why. Spectrum 12-day from Singapore to Japan. I don't think the Asian market drinks as much so the price is lower. 

• Like 1