Do you fold or trim your printed luggage tags?

zitsky

3 minutes ago, kayehall said:

I used to print in color, fold and then laminate.  Now I print in color, fold and place in plastic holders bought on Amazon

We have some of those but I am not 100% sure they are the right size.  I may have to get new ones.

Whether to fold or cut all depends on whether you would like your luggage to actually make it to your cabin.  The tag will likely tear off if it is only 1 sheet thick (hence the suggestion to fold).

We do not have fancy holders.  A single piece of packaging tape down the length gives it a little extra sturdiness.  Then we whole punch the ends and attach with zip ties.  We have a good track record with this method.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

I fold and then use clear packing tape on them to make them stronger, then staple.  NEVER had one rip or come off

Same.  Put in a few extra staples and then wrap with clear packing tape.   They are very hard to rip off.   I think they are more secure than those that I use to get from the cruise line.  

When doing it I also think of how many it would take for Monk to get one perfect.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

Edited by miched
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

I fold and then use clear packing tape on them to make them stronger, then staple.  NEVER had one rip or come off

I do the same. I have a hard time tearing them off afterwards. I don’t really trust the plastic tags. They can get hooked on something and rip off. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

I cut them out and then fold in half to insert into my luggage tag holders. It's too bulky to stuff into the plastic sleeves I use if I don't cut the excess paper off.

Me too. I cut about a 1/4 inch from the lines, fold neatly and insert into the holders.

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I hand my suiitcasecto the Porter at the pier who writes a luggage tag for me

I arrive with a piece of masking tape with my cabin number written in sharpie stuck to my bag.  Won't tear.

Porters sometimes add a string tag. Sometimes not.