Tuscan Grille Questions for 2023

sunonfire

Yes, I performed a search. The questions were from last year. I know there have been many changes. Here’s my question are there any ordering restrictions at the Tuscan Grille. Foe example can you order an Italian entree and a filet mignon? I see they have Chicken Parmigiana and they have Veal Marsala  - has anyone requested Veal Parmigiana which is not on the menu?  The menu states you can order half size  portions. Can you order a half size portion and a full entree? Thanks in advance. 

On Solstice as well and we ordered multiple things from the menu.  The pasta dishes can be ordered by the half, which we did so we could try a variety of dishes.  There are so many courses that we visited twice.  One night we had the pizza as an app and the other we ordered the charcuterie board.  We also had several half portions of pasta, a fish course, meat and dessert...I could hardly walk by the end but it was worth it!  If you aren't "funny" about sharing food, may I suggest you share several entrées, which is what we did and the server welcomed it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Last month on Millennium our waiter said we could order half or even quarter portions of pasta to try many varieties, which we did. All were delicious. The pappardelle was particularly memorable, as was my ribeye. That steak was the best beef I’ve had on Celebrity, including Luminae, Eden, and Fine Cut. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

Last month on Millennium our waiter said we could order half or even quarter portions of pasta to try many varieties, which we did. All were delicious. The pappardelle was particularly memorable, as was my ribeye. That steak was the best beef I’ve had on Celebrity, including Luminae, Eden, and Fine Cut. 

A quarter portion would be wonderful.  Especially if they could do chicken parm. I cruise in a little over two weeks and due to surgery last week, I have to keep portions small. I hate to waste food if I can avoid wasting it.

Laura

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

A quarter portion would be wonderful.  Especially if they could do chicken parm. I cruise in a little over two weeks and due to surgery last week, I have to keep portions small. I hate to waste food if I can avoid wasting it.

Laura

The quarter and half portions were for the pasta dishes. I doubt it’s possible with a dish like chicken parm. 

14 hours ago, RichYak said:

The quarter and half portions were for the pasta dishes. I doubt it’s possible with a dish like chicken parm. 

Guess I will just half to waste some of it.

Laura

22 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

Guess I will just half to waste some of it.

Laura

Even if you order a half portion, it will waste the other half because it’s very doubtful that someone else will order a half portion. They will make a full portion, cut it in half and serve it to you and discard the rest. That’s just inevitableEven if you order a half portion, it will waste the other half because it’s very doubtful that someone else will order a half portion. They will make a full portion, cut it in half and serve it to you and discard the rest. That’s just inevitable

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Even if you order a half portion, it will waste the other half because it’s very doubtful that someone else will order a half portion. They will make a full portion, cut it in half and serve it to you and discard the rest. That’s just inevitableEven if you order a half portion, it will waste the other half because it’s very doubtful that someone else will order a half portion. They will make a full portion, cut it in half and serve it to you and discard the rest. That’s just inevitable

Depends what it is.  For pastas in particular, I'm sure there are big pans of the food sitting in the kitchens and they just can take the portions they need.  For example, they don't make up lasagna to order as that would take too long.  I'm sure they have a pan of it they cut as needed.

• Like 2

Went to Tuscan twice this week, once by myself and once with a couple officers. Mix and match of items was never a problem as was the order of multiple items. The only (moderate) upcharge would be items like the dry-aged Striploin or the Porterhouse.

I'm not exactly sure how they would portion a quarter of a meat dish. Lasagna might be possible as they likely just cut it out of a pan but I never found the portions to be HUGE so to ask for 1/4 instead of 1/2 is probably pushing it.

• Like 1