King’s Coronation

Jazzytelly

22 minutes ago, Jazzytelly said:

Seen some lovely pictures posted of the celebrations on board P & O and Cunard ships. Hope everyone on board are enjoying themselves. Hope to hear all about celebrations on here 🇬🇧 

Can't wait.

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Yes, on the left. Mum made the outfits.

Lovely, and what a great photo memory for you to have and pass on to your younger family, even if the day has blurred in your mind.  Your mum must have been busy 🙂

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

An elected president that runs the country I can understand, but what is the point of an elected ceremonial president. Far better to have an hereditary monarch with a bit of pomp and pageantry to add some useful glamour to the country.

And Crown Jewels 😁

I really enjoyed watching the Coronation but I was happy that I was watching from the sofa and not standing with crowds in the rain in London.  I don't think that I could get excited enough about anything to spend several nights sleeping outside in cold, wet weather. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I really enjoyed watching the Coronation but I was happy that I was watching from the sofa and not standing with crowds in the rain in London.  I don't think that I could get excited enough about anything to spend several nights sleeping outside in cold, wet weather. 

I would agree with you.  My mother spent all night sitting on the Daily Telegraph with a bottle of whisky in 1953.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Camping in Cornwall.?.🤣

My stars were the Wales children, all three of them.  Behaving beautifully for a long time.  And Penny Mordaunt, having done nothing but look sullen on the front bench in the House of Commons, she put in a terrific performance, plus carrying what is apparently a pretty heavy weight for all that time.

I did think the service was too long, but there were bits which were quite  moving, like seeing Charles in just a white shirt about to be anointed, and William giving him a kiss on the cheek.

I did wonder if the congregation  had to sit, some of them from 8 a.m. until after 1,  without being able to spend a penny.   Surely not.  Does anyone know?

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, lincslady said:

My stars were the Wales children, all three of them.  Behaving beautifully for a long time.  And Penny Mordaunt, having done nothing but look sullen on the front bench in the House of Commons, she put in a terrific performance, plus carrying what is apparently a pretty heavy weight for all that time.

I did think the service was too long, but there were bits which were quite  moving, like seeing Charles in just a white shirt about to be anointed, and William giving him a kiss on the cheek.

I did wonder if the congregation  had to sit, some of them from 8 a.m. until after 1,  without being able to spend a penny.   Surely not.  Does anyone know?

Perhaps they were sitting on commodes. 😂

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Surely there must be toilets in the Abbey.  We have been to functions in Liverpool Cathedral and, even if asked to be there early, I have been able to use the loos until the function began, though probably a cut-off time for the Coronation to make sure no one has not returned to their seat in time.  Not so easy for the dignitaries who arrived later though as they would presumably have needed to stay put.  I was thinking about the forces though who having finished their parade had to march into the palace gardens and presumably take a while to get somewhere with facilities after that.

Edited by tring

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Apparently there were ‘limited’ toilet facilities in the Abbey, but they were closed from 10.30 until 1pm. ☺️

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Camping in Cornwall.?.🤣

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I would agree with you.  My mother spent all night sitting on the Daily Telegraph with a bottle of whisky in 1953.  LOL

I admire your mum Jean

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shopaholic6 said:

Apparently there were ‘limited’ toilet facilities in the Abbey, but they were closed from 10.30 until 1pm. ☺️

Thanks, that's a 'relief'.  Just read in the papers that it was a very well dressed queue.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 12:13 PM, Jazzytelly said:

Seen some lovely pictures posted of the celebrations on board P & O and Cunard ships. Hope everyone on board are enjoying themselves. Hope to hear all about celebrations on here 🇬🇧 

Looking forward to hearing about the celebrations onboard, we might have to wait until people get back home. Hope you all had a great Coronation 🤴👑🇬🇧🥳