What are your favorite drinks on an NCL cruise?

djpk2003

In the morning I like one or two Mimosas, my wife likes Peach Bellinis.  In the afternoon I like Mudslides while my wife likes Rum and Coke, sometimes we'll throw in a couple of beers.  In the evening it's strictly wine.  We like to end our evening with some wine while sitting on our balcony enjoying the weather and fresh air.  The fresh air on the balcony is the one reason I will never book a cruise on a Celebrity ship has those Infinite Balconies.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I loved another drink that WAS at Food Republic.  I believe it was called Revolutionary Cure.  Wish I knew the the ingredients for that one🤔

Now you have me curious.  Sadly, we aren't cruising for awhile!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Thanks @ggTexasGal

That is a great list!   When we were last in the Haven, I asked the bartender to make me an Emperor's Nectar (as on your list), but he didn't have all the ingredients.  He came close though!

I loved another drink that WAS at Food Republic.  I believe it was called Revolutionary Cure.  Wish I knew the the ingredients for that one🤔

I love the emperor’s nectar.  I’ve Asked for it at bars before too and was told they didn’t have all the ingredients😢

• Like 1

Macallan and Hennessey XO.  I got introduced to Chimay beer at the district brew house on the Escape and loved it.  I also tried at least half of the beers they had on tap.  That is what the P+ is for 🙂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Last NCL cruise my favorites were the Matador, Rebellious Fish, Painkiller, and their Lavender Patch martini.....

13 minutes ago, ExpatBride said:

The martini bar used to have something called a "Lavender Patch Martini".....

We have a match. I'll make a note to see if I can find one on the Prima.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Last NCL cruise my favorites were the Matador, Rebellious Fish, Painkiller, and their Lavender Patch martini.

EDIT: after seeing @ggTexasGal's post, I realized I forgot the Getaway and Mr Worldwide (introduced to me by @JamieLogical). This list is awesome, BTW

Do you know which bar the lavender patch was at please? 

Painkiller, Rum cake martini, Dark and stormy, and the ginger mojito from the mojito bar. I tried a ton of new drinks on the Gem (thanks to the upgraded drinks package) and liked most of them, but these were the ones I kept coming back to.

• Like 1

in no particular order chivas on the rocks, mojito, cold glass of champagne, ice cold heineken, after dinner cappuccino and always an ice cold can of pepsi. to my utter dismay, this is no longer available on any ncl ship, and coke just wont do. SIGH!

1 hour ago, Ellipooh said:

Never heard of this. Found a nice recipe from David Leibovitz so I can pre-try this tonight ahead of my cruise 😋 

The variation that NCL serves (on The Encore at least) is bourbon (or rye), Chambord, bitters, and a Luxardo cherry. Both recipes make for great cocktails. 

21 hours ago, complawyer said:

in no particular order chivas on the rocks, mojito, cold glass of champagne, ice cold heineken, after dinner cappuccino and always an ice cold can of pepsi. to my utter dismay, this is no longer available on any ncl ship, and coke just wont do. SIGH!

On 5/11/2023 at 4:52 PM, Panhandle Couple said:

I found "Dark and Stormy" on a Princess cruise, but everyone makes it.  Simple, Ginger Beer, Dark Rum and a splash of lime.  All depends on the type of rum.  Definitely call out Goselins.  Meyers is acceptable substitute.  Great for pre-dinner.

A proper Dark 'N Stormy is ALWAYS Gosling's Rum... they created it, and it's trademarked.  Anything else is just not a Dark 'N Stormy. (And it's how I start EVERY cruise, within 5 minutes of embarkation! 😉 Cheers!

On 5/11/2023 at 6:30 PM, seemoreroyals said:

Michelob Ultra most of the time.   Mudslides, Chocolate Grasshoppers, Bushwackers, and just about anything with a  decent quality vodka in it when I want something different.

Looking at the most recent bar list (just put out last month) Ultra isn't on there any more... can anyone confirm?  

From Maltings: an Eastern Legacy (only bar on board that has the ingredients to make it, note that the way it's prepared onboard is very different than what someone listed earlier)

From A-List: the Napa Valley vodka and tonic

From Sugarcane: Pineapple Coconut Mojito

In the Observation Lounge: an espresso martini

At the Local: a Glacier Blue

At Q: smoked peach margarita

By the pool: a BBC