Odyssey vs. Oasis class

I love the Oasis class ships and I am debating going on the Odyssey  or the Oasis.  I have been on Oasis 1X last year and the Allure 4X,  Part of me would like to go on a ship I have never been on yet.  But...I see the Odyssey does not have many of the Oasis class features I like ( water show, ice show, Central Park).  We are in our 40's with no kids.  Is the Odyssey more geared towards families and kids with their amenities.  If I'm overthinking it,  please give me reasons why the Odyssey would work for us.  I like to be busy at night with events and shows.  

We loved Odyssey for the great technology used on it....loved loved loved the 270 show Book.  I think you'd like it too.  But our fave is still the sisters, especially Allure and Symphony.  Can't wait to try ICON.  Odyssey seems and is smaller and a little more crowded but we would book her again in a heartbeat....but....too many ships too many trips to do. LOL  

• Like 2

I don't even know what I'd recommend, as both are great in their own way. I do like the Aqua theater! But I like the 270 venue over the ice rinks because it doubles as a cool lounge when no shows are going on. I like Music Hall better on Odyssey than Oasis as well, if you like live music.

Oasis is probably the more "kid friendly" ship although neither class would be considered an adult haven. They'd both have lots of happy families onboard.

I think you should do it - give the Quantum class (Odyssey or any other) a try!

• Like 1

Oasis class ships are geared more towards families. Quantum class ships remind me a lot of Celebrity ships, although they have unique activities like bumper cars. Since you don’t have any kids, I think you would enjoy cruising on Odyssey. I have been on Odyssey several times and overall she is probably my favorite RCI ship, although I do miss the ice skating and aqua shows on Oasis class ships. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Oasis class ships are geared more towards families. Quantum class ships remind me a lot of Celebrity ships, although they have unique activities like bumper cars. Since you don’t have any kids, I think you would enjoy cruising on Odyssey. I have been on Odyssey several times and overall she is probably my favorite RCI ship, although I do miss the ice skating and aqua shows on Oasis class ships. 

Odyssey (Quantum class) is esentially a Solstice series ship that has been "Royal Carribean'ized." Odyssey is a great ship. I am a Celebrity fan but have lots of Royal perks...so sailing Odyssey for me is kind of like a combination of the best of both lines. I have 20 plus Oasis sailings under my belt so Odyssey is a nice change. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robmtx said:

I like Music Hall better on Odyssey than Oasis as well, if you like live music.

This is Odyssey's best feature over Oasis.  The Music hall, where I spent a lot of time, is so much better.  

Also, to the OP...

I love both ships but wouldn't for a second hesitate to book Odyssey. You don't have the ice show or aqua show but you have the iFly, Northstar, bumper cars and Zone zero which are absent on Oasis class,  Effectors is a cool high tech show and 270 is a phenomenal venue for many different things.  

The Seaplex with Playmakers overlooking it is another great place to spend time.  You can't go wrong with either. Why not shake it up a bit and try something different.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

This is Odyssey's best feature over Oasis.  The Music hall, where I spent a lot of time, is so much better.  

Also, to the OP...

I love both ships but wouldn't for a second hesitate to book Odyssey. You don't have the ice show or aqua show but you have the iFly, Northstar, bumper cars and Zone zero which are absent on Oasis class,  Effectors is a cool high tech show and 270 is a phenomenal venue for many different things.  

The Seaplex with Playmakers overlooking it is another great place to spend time.  You can't go wrong with either. Why not shake it up a bit and try something different.

On the other hand, I would never sail again on Enchantment of the Seas.  (Flame suit ready).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

On the other hand, I would never sail again on Enchantment of the Seas.  (Flame suit ready).

🙂

I agree.  I know that there are some ships I don't want to sail.  Pretty much any ship smaller than Voyager class.  The exception to that might be if it was a really special itinerary, like the Panama Canal.  Otherwise, I like the entertainment you find on the larger ships.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

I can't say that I wouldn't sail Enchantment again as I have no interest in doing it once.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

OP, I too am an O class lover. I had little interest in trying a Q class ship but sailed Odyssey this past February because the date and price worked for me. I loved the ship and actually have it booked again for next winter. It is a different experience from O class but in a good way. I found it easier to relax and not feel like I had to be doing something every minute. And the ship is beautiful. There is plenty to do so you won't be bored. The best I can say is give it a try and see for yourself.

One other good point is that the ship is not so weather dependant. The covered solarium works with rain and I have been on O class sailings when the Aqua Theater was cancelled almost the entire week due to weather or technical issues. And Central Park isn't much fun in the rain either.

• Like 3

To me it is like comparing the two major theme park companies in Orlando area.

They both have fun stuff and differences as well.

Each should be experienced and enjoyed for what is offered.

Will be interesting to see how Icon works into it all going forward

• Like 2

I loved discovering Odyssey and didn't miss any of the O class stuff. What fun riding the bumper cars and all of the activities surrounding Playmakers. With the UDP it was well worth it. Not to mention the Music Hall and 270! You'll love, love, love it!!!

• Like 2

On 5/18/2023 at 10:54 AM, Tree_skier said:

The Seaplex with Playmakers

We went twice and we'll never get that time back.  I think this space is a complete waste of it.  Not a place for older peeps anyway and we were completely disappointed by the food up there after all the good reviews.  The pizza on the promenade was better!  There was the World Cup Soccer going on and it was  a madhouse as well.  We will book Odyssey again but will not venture into that area again.  To each his own.

• Like 2

We loved playmakers but went at non prime times.  

Definitely try Odyssey.  The entertainment was different and great.  I fly was fun.  I probably won’t do the bumper cars again as it’s too rough on old bones.  We did the UDP and enjoyed all the food.  The solarium is completely enclosed which we prefer although it did get warm in the southern Caribbean. We had a Jr suite and LOVED the 2 bathrooms! More space than we needed.  Honestly it was better than some grand suites on the older ships.  While we’re kind of tired of the Oasis class, I’d book Odyssey in a minute with the right itinerary. 

• Like 1