Noise Compliant Suite 2416 - Room Refund Credit Carnival Panorama

We recently stayed in Suite 2416 onboard the Panorama. The room is located directly below the main restaurant’s dish pit. There is loud banging and clanging all day and night. You could even hear it with earplugs in. Don’t recommend booking this room. 

So we made a formal complaint and a supervisor came to our room and agreed that the noise was excessive. We asked to be moved to another suite, but there were none available. Guest services offered us a balcony room, but no reimbursement at first.

We continued to press for reimbursement and the offers came as follows, first they offered $150 credit and to change our room, we declined and asked for the difference in prices paid from the suite to a balcony ($798). They said no, we asked to speak to the Hotel Director. They then came back with $300 credit. We declined. They then offered $500 credit. We declined. Lastly they offered $500 account credit and $150 shore excursion, if we stayed in our room. We accepted. So basically we had to endure wearing earplugs at night, but we got the suite for free. 

Advice, don’t take their first offer they have a lot of maneuvering once you get higher level management involved in your complaint.

Edited by cruisecaptain16
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, cruisecaptain16 said:

Advice, don’t take their first offer they have a lot of maneuvering once you get higher level management involved in your complaint.

My advice is to always look at a ship's deck plan before booking to make sure you're going to be happy with your cabin location (i.e. no noisy areas such as the galley etc. directly above or below).

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2023 at 6:20 PM, cruisecaptain16 said:

We recently stayed in Suite 2416 onboard the Panorama. The room is located directly below the main restaurant’s dish pit. There is loud banging and clanging all day and night. You could even hear it with earplugs in. Don’t recommend booking this room. 

So we made a formal complaint and a supervisor came to our room and agreed that the noise was excessive. We asked to be moved to another suite, but there were none available. Guest services offered us a balcony room, but no reimbursement at first.

We continued to press for reimbursement and the offers came as follows, first they offered $150 credit and to change our room, we declined and asked for the difference in prices paid from the suite to a balcony ($798). They said no, we asked to speak to the Hotel Director. They then came back with $300 credit. We declined. They then offered $500 credit. We declined. Lastly they offered $500 account credit and $150 shore excursion, if we stayed in our room. We accepted. So basically we had to endure wearing earplugs at night, but we got the suite for free. 

So you were bought off for 500 instead of peace and quiet on a balcony.  Wow

• Like 3

6 hours ago, FastShip24 said:

So you were bought off for 500 instead of peace and quiet on a balcony.  Wow

Which shows it was never about actually fixing the issue at hand, it was about the joy some people take in finding a reason to complain and demanding money for it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Lesson learned - look to see where your cabin is located before you book.  If you are not sandwiched between cabins above and below there is always a chance there will be some sort of noise problem - whether it be chairs scrapping, music, etc.

• Like 3

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  Thanks for sharing your experience.  Please stay with us and ignore the judgers.  I have booked a cove balcony cabin on deck two but it is a bit forward of midship and should be ok.  Others like yourself have noted the noisy cabins.  And I think you did good to get some compensation since the noise went on all night.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, jonboy9756 said:

Sorry but how can you say you got the suite for free when you only received $ 650 in credit and excursions?

I thought I was missing something but nothing adds up in their post. If Carnival was so agreeable to keep negotiating why stop. I think if you don’t take their second offer, they should say bye, bye. A suite probably shouldn’t be placed in a noisy location but apparently is occupied every cruise without complaint or it would be changed. You choose your cabin—do the research.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

I thought I was missing something but nothing adds up in their post. If Carnival was so agreeable to keep negotiating why stop. I think if you don’t take their second offer, they should say bye, bye. A suite probably shouldn’t be placed in a noisy location but apparently is occupied every cruise without complaint or it would be changed. You choose your cabin—do the research.

The noise wasn't too bad if they offered you a balcony to getaway from the noise and  took money instead. Was never about the noise

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

Sorry, in my mind you lost this one. The balcony with a $300 or $500 credit would have been a win. You ended up staying in a room that was intolerable to use. 

No they won. The money came with staying, not with the balcony. Stayed in the suite they originally CHOSE and got paid. If the noise was really the issue, they would have moved and taken the lesser money.

• Like 1

Another reason to use a good PVP! Just booked with our friends this morning for a little getaway 4 day. We had chosen balcony cabins on deck 7 in the back which are usually pretty good locations. When we called our PVP she said we didn’t want those cabins as there were cabins of 4 on either side of us and across the corridor as well! Definitely didn’t want that, she had already had us ready to choose deck 6 (above the Promenade, pretty quiet area) with balconies that opened to each other which was perfect. Had we done it ourselves, we wouldn’t have been very happy!

6 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

If the noise was really the issue, they would have moved and taken the lesser money.

You've got a point. The noise level must not have been truly insufferable or excessive if OP was willing to accept what amounts to fun money vs getting a good nights rest.

44 minutes ago, notscb said:

You've got a point. The noise level must not have been truly insufferable or excessive if OP was willing to accept what amounts to fun money vs getting a good nights rest.

right. It’s a bit like saying if you paid for a balcony cabin, would you take this free upgrade to a suite where you can’t sleep for a week. No thanks. 

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear you got a refund!

We were on Panorama for the innagural and had a room on deck 1 (or whatever the lowest passenger deck was). When we were going to bed around midnight, you could hear, what I am assuming was the staff lounge and their party. Music was LOUD. Our room was pretty much shaking.

When I'm ready to talk to my PVP, I have the deck plans open on my computer and will double-check the recommended cabin (passenger cabins above and below, no grayed-out areas around, no adjoining cabins, amidships as much as possible, etc).  We've always been happy with our selection.