Thrill water park - $200 pp

That is extremely high!  My family just returned today and Coco Cay is one of our favorite spots and we don’t spend a dime!  For my cruise it was running on sale for $140 and I thought that was high.  Not sure what ages you are thinking of buying it for but about 4 years ago we spent $40 on thrill water park and the kids have never wanted to buy the tickets again.  They said it wasn’t worth it.  They enjoy all the other stuff the island has to offer.  If you have young kids they have amazing water playgrounds for the kids for free.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, stringbean10 said:

Does this seem reasonable - is this pretty standard pricing or on the high side?  thanks  

It was $100 last black friday .. that's double. I'd be a no. I'd do free at that price.

• Like 1

veverything seems exceptionally high for this cruise - Icon in feb 2024

Deluxe bev package - $92 pp/pd

Ultimate dining - $356 pp

Thrill water park - $207 pp 

And all of these are "sale" prices.

After paying a premium to be on a new boat - I'm feeling like a sucker.

Edited by stringbean10
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Ouch,..it was $70 in October. I’d skip unless you can make a value out of the Thrill cabanas which include tickets to the park. 

Thrill cabana is currently listed at ..........$3,999.00 - and there is "only 1 left" - am I taking crazy pills? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

For comparison:

Typhoon lagoon (Disney) pricing: 

1-Day Water Park Ticket – $69 per adult or $63 per child (ages 3 to 9) 1-Day Water Park Tickets with Blockout Dates – $64 per adult or $58 per child (age 3 to 9)

Volcano Bay -  A one day admission ticket to Universal’s Volcano bay starts at $80.00 for adults and $75.00 for kids. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

YIKES! Black Friday 2021 we got them for $40 each. $200 no way it's worth it. That's more than a day at Disney World. Don't go for the okie doke because ur on the Icon.

If your kids are not teenagers and do not LOVE water parks and do not LOVE climbing stairs, lots and lots of stairs it should be a hard NO.

We visited the Waterpark for the first and last time in October 2022. We were on the Symphony and the only ship in port. The Waterpark had low attendance compared to our local Waterpark. Everything had a short 5 minute wait. And most of the wait was climbing the stairs and carrying the apparatus up to the slide. It was definitely a work out. The park was fun with a lot of variety. We were in there about two hours. We loved the wave pool area.  It was super fun when the waves started. We spent most of our time in the wave pool. We rode everything we wanted as many times as we wanted. My hubs went to the tip top to ride that slide. He enjoyed but didn't want to climb to the top again to ride it multiple times. We ate lunch in the Waterpark and then left to enjoy the island. We were tired of climbing stairs and ready to relax.

Like I mentioned I believe fit and active teenagers will enjoy it. I believe most Tweens and teenagers have endless energy. I would not pay $200 though no matter how active and fit they are. Try and catch a black Friday sale if your dates are after Thanksgiving. 

I don't even think I would pay $100. It's just not worth it. If your kids are under 12 DO NOT purchase Waterpark passes. They have two Waterpark activities for them. One is a huge pirate ship Water activity slide thingy. It looks like so much fun. The second is a kid sized Waterpark and water play area. 

And then of course there's the beach and ocean. Tons of activities to keep the whole family entertained. And when you get bored beach hop to another beach. 

Edited by cynt
  • Like 4

I agree- crazy crazy pricing.  With people cruising in full force again, I am convinced that FOMO is a real thing - I gotta buy that package, or it will be gone tomorrow, and people are "revenge travelling" (whatever that means) so the cruiselines are pushing crazy prices out there to see who bites.  

I remember CC freaking out when OTW cabanas in Labadee went up from $250 to $500. They are now $1,499 and $1,049 for the regular beach ones ... crazy, but people are paying. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Toddcan said:

I agree- crazy crazy pricing.  With people cruising in full force again, I am convinced that FOMO is a real thing - I gotta buy that package, or it will be gone tomorrow, and people are "revenge travelling" (whatever that means) so the cruiselines are pushing crazy prices out there to see who bites.  

I remember CC freaking out when OTW cabanas in Labadee went up from $250 to $500. They are now $1,499 and $1,049 for the regular beach ones ... crazy, but people are paying. 

Yup , lots of talk about inflation and people needing to cut back and just scraping by , yet 1500$ for cabanas for 5 or 6 hours is selling out .... Something don't add up 

Cheers

• Like 1

I went not long after it opened and they had the half day option. That worked out great because we got there early and had a chance to do all the stuff we wanted to do then leave. I can’t recall what we paid, maybe $49? There is no way on earth Id pay 200.

• Like 1

The answer is no.  It isn’t anywhere close to reasonable.  I wouldn’t consider 100 reasonable.  I don’t get the fascination to pay tons of money for it (I have a family of 5) when there is so much cool free stuff to do.  My kids had a blast at the beach and exploring the Island.  No need for us to waste 500-1000 on some slides for a few hours.   They do slides all week on the ship and at home.  

• Like 1

I'd skip it at those prices.  You can have a really great beach day without spending that kind of money.  I don't have Cococay scheduled until I'm on Icon Nov 2024 where the price is $169.99. I'm still a long long way out.  Unless it drops in price substantially I'm planning skipping it again.  

Prices are really weird for our Mariner stop at Labadee.

Beach bed on Adrenaline Beach.     $889

OTW Nellies beach.                          $649

OTW barefoot beach.                        $1699

hilltop cabana.                                    $499

The prices are not logical.

After several drops, it was eventually priced at $80 for our April cruise.  We passed

Upcoming cruise in early July is our GDs first time on island.  She’s not quite old enough to enjoy without an adult. For 3 pp, was forking over $500+.  

Was, I just cancelled mine & plan on having several solo hours to chill at beach (poor me, quiet time to relax on the beach😁 ). I figure she & DH will hit it early, then revisit it again later. 

It’s so prominent on the island, difficult to ignore, wasn’t about to have GD giving me  🥺 if I hadn’t booked it

ps skipping it again for Dec cruise as there is enough to keep the mr & me otherwise occupied 

14 hours ago, stringbean10 said:

Does this seem reasonable - is this pretty standard pricing or on the high side?  thanks  

At the end of the day, this becomes a "value proposition" for yourself in your decision at to whether or not to purchase.   How bad do you want to go?  Obviously you're interested because you asked the question.  But others have "told" you not to spend your money.  See through those answers to understand there's plenty of things to do on the island that are free.  If you're not familiar with the island, there's plenty of YouTube videos that explore the island and I think a few that tour the waterpark itself.  

When I was weighing my decision for my first Royal Caribbean cruise in 08/2022 I was trying to decide on either the Beach Club or the water park, both whose prices were close to the same at right under $90.  I ended up not doing either for that cruise, but watched the prices for other upcoming cruises and they have done nothing but climbed.  

If your cruise is further out, then the first thing I'd suggest is to search online for the port schedule to determine if your ship will be alone in port that day or sharing the island with another.  If you're alone in port, there's less "buying units" who will potentially purchase, so there may be a greater chance they need to discount, to drive ticket sales.  Another factor is the passenger mix, meaning how many families and children.  

I think Royal has become very accurate in forecasting demand for these incidental purchases.  What they are testing is how high they can drive prices without discouraging too many from making the purchase.

Despite the overwhelming "NO" you've read here, remember that this website is a mere microcosm of Royal's passengers and therefore you might not be hearing from all the park-goers 

12 hours ago, ATG said:

Prices are really weird for our Mariner stop at Labadee.

Beach bed on Adrenaline Beach.     $889

OTW Nellies beach.                          $649

OTW barefoot beach.                        $1699

hilltop cabana.                                    $499

The prices are not logical.

There is very little logic in most things nowadays.   People are spending crazy money for basic cruising. Look at prices for an inside cabin on even an older Royal ship this summer.  Many are 200 per day per person.  The wife said take our two older kids on a short cruise if you want.  I looked up prices and it was a no go from the start.   Just insane prices for even inside cabins.  No thanks, I’ll do something else with the kids until the pricing normalizes, and if it doesn’t, I’ll just enjoy other types of trips permanently.   

15 hours ago, stringbean10 said:

... After paying a premium to be on a new boat - I'm feeling like a sucker.

Yes, the cost to sail on a mega-ship or a new ship is substantially higher than the cost to sail on an older mid-sized ship.  

15 hours ago, stringbean10 said:

Thrill cabana is currently listed at ..........$3,999.00 - and there is "only 1 left" - am I taking crazy pills? 

Call me cynical, but I don't believe that "one left" business.  It's a method of creating urgency in the buyer.  I saw LOTS of empty beach beds at Coco Cay.  

14 hours ago, Toddcan said:

I agree- crazy crazy pricing.  With people cruising in full force again, I am convinced that FOMO is a real thing - I gotta buy that package, or it will be gone tomorrow, and people are "revenge travelling" (whatever that means) so the cruiselines are pushing crazy prices out there to see who bites ... 

Yes, Fear of Missing Out is a real thing, especially among younger cruisers.  

Another connected "fear" is not making their vacation "special".  That is, just taking the cruise isn't enough -- they feel that if they don't have specialty dining, an upgraded room, whatever else, their experience will be too basic.  I think that's why some people are willing to pay thousands for a beach bed (located near free loungers) or pay hundreds per person for a few slides.  

• Like 2

I got it for $49.00 pp (5 of us) last Black Friday for the end of this month on Independence.   Which is great cause my husband and I will just be there to keep an eye on our grands and I didn't want to spend anymore than that to not participate.