New Amplified schedule

Nothing officially announced.

While cruise ships are getting back to normal occupancy loads that hasn't erased billions of dollars of debt that was accumulated during the shutdown.  That will take several years.  They need to balance getting their debt under control with updating older ships.

• Like 3

There is at least one ship - Allure - that has all of its amped parts sitting in a shipyard in Cadiz, so a lot of that cost is sunk already. It was scheduled to be amped when the pandemic hit😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Nothing officially announced.

While cruise ships are getting back to normal occupancy loads that hasn't erased billions of dollars of debt that was accumulated during the shutdown.  That will take several years.  They need to balance getting their debt under control with updating older ships.

Hence why the prices are daft at the minute.

Also royal are currently building more Oasis and Icon class ships, so need money for those bills. 

• Like 1

It really is too bad.  The AMPED ships are a big step up from their sisters in the same class (Voyager and Freedom Classes especially).

We sailed the Navigator a few weeks after it was amped and it's probably our favorite ship to date.  Loved the freshened pool deck, escape room, Playmakers, Tiki bar, el loco fresh, the grab and go Johnny Rockets, etc...

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

It really is too bad.  The AMPED ships are a big step up from their sisters in the same class (Voyager and Freedom Classes especially).

We sailed the Navigator a few weeks after it was amped and it's probably our favorite ship to date.  Loved the freshened pool deck, escape room, Playmakers, Tiki bar, el loco fresh, the grab and go Johnny Rockets, etc...

Dan

I'm the opposite. I dont want allure amped. Not all amps are good for everyone. I like being able to see out the aft and dont use the purple slide. 

I would like a playmakers added though. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, margeecruiser said:

Now that Covid restriction seem to be over and the cruise industry is going full-bore, has there been a new amplified or refurbishment schedule published anywhere?

Don't forget that Radiance class and below will not see any amplifications.  They will get the basics to keep them serviceable until they are sold.

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm the opposite. I dont want allure amped. Not all amps are good for everyone. I like being able to see out the aft and dont use the purple slide. 

Unfortunately you are not their target audience so it is inevitable that they will add the slide.

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ditto this 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I’m the same.  I’ll never use the slides and would prefer that they not block the view.  But, I really enjoy Playmakers.  So, could I request a half amp?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ATG said:

I’m the same.  I’ll never use the slides and would prefer that they not block the view.  But, I really enjoy Playmakers.  So, could I request a half amp?

I would like Playmakers as well but I didn't enjoy it on the Wonder.  It seemed kind of chopped up with a not very big bar

Edited by molly361

48 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately you are not their target audience so it is inevitable that they will add the slide.

Maybe that's where the Allure is going in early 2025-  I think I recall the books only go til Jan 2025 when she heads back south

Some features such as Bionic Bar are there to appeal to new to Royal cruisers.  They look cool in TV ads.  Since on a typical Caribbean cruise at least 50% of the ship are new to Royal that is their target audience.  Purples slides and robots make for awesome looking features for someone who has never seen one before.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, twangster said:

Some features such as Bionic Bar are there to appeal to new to Royal cruisers.  They look cool in TV ads.  Since on a typical Caribbean cruise at least 50% of the ship are new to Royal that is their target audience.  Purples slides and robots make for awesome looking features for someone who has never seen one before.  

At least the Bionoc bar seems to be on the way out at least on new builds.   Whether they get replaced on future drydocks is another thing.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info   I thought maybe the parts for the Refurb for some ships would have been ordered before the pandemic hit since it happened so fast  I know there is a very long lead time for some of these items to be built, but Royal may have some pieces in storage awaiting new work during dry docks.  I can see lots of cups with Tiki Room just sitting in storage somewhere.

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

There is at least one ship - Allure - that has all of its amped parts sitting in a shipyard in Cadiz, so a lot of that cost is sunk already. It was scheduled to be amped when the pandemic hit😞

Please leave Allure alone… they don’t all have to be cookie cutters of each other.., it’s nice to know there is one where there is a proper champagne bar and an uninterrupted view of the aft. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

1 hour ago, ATG said:

18 minutes ago, little britain said:

Please leave Allure alone… they don’t all have to be cookie cutters of each other.., it’s nice to know there is one where there is a proper champagne bar and an uninterrupted view of the aft. 

I agree with saying no to the slides on Allure.  The other thing would be the bionic bar, a gimmick that doesn't get much use.  Other that I love all the changes on the Oasis

What's new on Oasis of the Seas

• Caribbean-style pool deck
  • Lime & Coconut signature bar
  • Ultimate Abyss slide (dry slide)
  • The Perfect Storm water slides
  • Splashaway Bay aqua park
  • Portside BBQ specialty restaurant
  • El Loco Fresh complimentary Mexican restaurant
  • Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade
  • Sugar Beach candy shop
  • Spotlight Karaoke venue
  • Music Hall venue
  • Bionic Bar
  • Revamped Adventure Ocean
  • Mission Control: Apollo 18 escape room

3 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Hence why the prices are daft at the minute.

Also royal are currently building more Oasis and Icon class ships, so need money for those bills. 

But they add a lot of capacity and command big bucks when they start sailing.

And they will have to go back and address the market that Radiance and Vision classes serve. 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

She will start doing 3 night/4 night booze cruises out of PC this fall, so probably not a ship we will sail on again😞

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

She will start doing 3 night/4 night booze cruises out of PC this fall, so probably not a ship we will sail on again😞

which means 2 calls a week at Coco Cay.  $$$$

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I can't wait. I have 6  booked 

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, molly361 said:

I would like Playmakers as well but I didn't enjoy it on the Wonder.  It seemed kind of chopped up with a not very big bar

Funny, I thought the same thing. Hardly any comfortable seating... those tall seats dig in and there is only like three booths.

I really like the Independence Playmakers. Just got off today, had Playmakers last night.. so good. 

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

I can't wait. I have 6  booked 

I cannot wait either.. unfortunately, I only have 4 booked. That will change soon... 

• Like 1