Does anyone else feel that Celebrity is getting a bit too "spammy?"

Vagabond Knight

I just logged into my Celebrity account to see if I could change the frequency of emails, but it seems like all you can do is turn notifications and offers ON or OFF.  I don't want to turn them off because I appreciate getting an occasional email (weekly would be fine) about a new special offer, but I feel like Celebrity has gotten to the point of spamming me.  I'm getting 2-4 messages a day, and most of these "exciting deals" are the same "sale" that they've been running for months and months and months. 

• Like 11

Yes, I am seeing that too.  I counted - 1,000 emails in two years, or an average of 1.4 per day.  It varies from one to three a day, and has been a complete turn-off.  I not only don't read them, but it tells me that they are obsessed with their bottom line.  We are Elite with them but don't see cruising with them any more.

• Like 1

I checked my trash folder history.  When I have 0 cruise reserved and have not logged in on their website for months, I have almost exactly 1 email a day from them.   When I started logging in and check for prices on cruise, I have 1 to 2 emails a day.   After I booked a cruise, I have on average 3 to 4 emails a day.

Edited by lostchild
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, lostchild said:

I checked my trash folder history.  When I have 0 cruise reserved and have not logged in on their website for months, I have almost exactly 1 email a day from them.   When I started logging in and check for prices on cruise, I have 1 to 2 emails a day.   After I booked a cruise, I have on average 3 to 4 emails a day.

Well, that's interesting!  I guess it's our bonus for booking.  😉  

2 hours ago, lostchild said:

The emails have become a nuisance and this thread has prompted me to unsubscribe just now.  Thanks for the nudge.  I know with absolute certainty that if ever there is something worthy in one of their emails, it'll be posted here on the Celebrity boards within moments. 😉 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

For years, despite repeatedly signing up for their e-mails, I didn't receive any e-mails at all.  Absolutely nothing.  I would only know about specials and so forth because I read about them on Cruise Critic.  I called the Captain's Club a number of times, talked to Captain's Club host/hostess while on board, talked to Michael's Club concierges -- and still nothing.  Nothing in the inbox and nothing in the junk folder either.

Finally I started receiving them for a year or two.  Suddenly stopped prior to Covid-19.  Have no idea why they ceased, but quite frankly if any thing of any importance is announced then I read it on this forum.

The only e-mails we receive from X deal with issues such a an itinerary change on a specific booked cruise.  We also do receive any e-mails sent to Zeniths.

Always was a mystery to me.