Never say Never "fairy visit"

Kineticoh20

Leave in less than a week on a 10 day Alaska cruise (our first as elite) had an offer in for a club class mini from our reg mini. I get a email an hr ago from TA that we got an upgrade to aft Penthouse! Our first visit from upgrade fairy ever. So she does exist.

• Like 35

23 hours ago, Kineticoh20 said:

Leave in less than a week on a 10 day Alaska cruise (our first as elite) had an offer in for a club class mini from our reg mini. I get a email an hr ago from TA that we got an upgrade to aft Penthouse! Our first visit from upgrade fairy ever. So she does exist.

That aft view is terrible, tell everyone that asks how far it is from everything.  The aft elevator goes to nowhere, you can't do the looong walk to the bars without transferring elevators.  The "bads" are endless.

That is my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Wave if you see me next door, we're on a 10 day to Alaska next week also.

Must have been a last minute cancellation, those aft cabins are popular.  Once you do an aft cabin, you won't go back, IF you can get it... 😉😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

• 1 month later...

Are Upgrade Fairy blessings ever revoked?  As in sometime later they return you to the originally booked cabin?  The reason I asked is I received an absolutely ridiculous upgrade a few days ago, so much so that I won't post it (maybe later).  I'm Elite and get the Military and Shareholder OBCs' and do sometimes bid on upgrades, but I didn't this time.  There's also been a massive price drop on my original cabin (Ruby Inside Aloha deck forward) for this Alaska cruise next May, so maybe that factored in.  I'm happy with the Inside cabin, but losing this upgrade would be an incredible disappointment.  I hope it stays.

17 minutes ago, Curtzilla said:

Are Upgrade Fairy blessings ever revoked?  As in sometime later they return you to the originally booked cabin?  The reason I asked is I received an absolutely ridiculous upgrade a few days ago, so much so that I won't post it (maybe later).  I'm Elite and get the Military and Shareholder OBCs' and do sometimes bid on upgrades, but I didn't this time.  There's also been a massive price drop on my original cabin (Ruby Inside Aloha deck forward) for this Alaska cruise next May, so maybe that factored in.  I'm happy with the Inside cabin, but losing this upgrade would be an incredible disappointment.  I hope it stays.

This seems strange to me you received an upgrade for a sailing for next May?

Conventional wisdom is Princess has no reason to upgrade this far in advance as someone could possibly book the cabin you were upgraded to. Also if there has been substantial fare drop for a sailing next May, sounds like refare option should be available, even with non refundable deposits, I imagine you would still have substantial savings?

Only other scenario that comes to mind is a passenger really wants your original booked cabin for a group or? but Princess could have just given you a slight upgrade opposed to what you allude to as an absolutely ridiculous upgrade assuming you mean in a good way.

6 hours ago, happy42cruise said:

I would make sure you have cancelled your upgrade bid just in case the outside company that is handling those tries to move you & charge you.  Just saying ........

@happy42cruise, are you replying to post #16? 

I believe they state they did not put in bid to upgrade.

If you are replying as a fyi, for anyone that has received an upgrade not from the bidding process and still has active ‘bids’, I agree, cancel your bids if you are satisfied with your complimentary upgrade.

I have read on another Cruiseline, after passenger received complimentary upgrade, bidding system still processed ‘bid’ and passenger was moved and charged.

As I suspected, it was just a glitch, it's now been moved back to my original cabin.  I don't know what caused it, but it sounded way too good to be true, so I didn't put much faith in it.  There is a significant price drop however so I will be taking advantage of that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2