Would my companion be allowed into Diamond + Lounge with me?

11 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

You can’t say anything on this site without a few wasps waiting to jump in and sting you. 
But it shouldn’t have an impact on your decision to sail Royal or not. 

I think the OP took on the detour on this thread.  Reality is, the answer to her question is simple.  It's officially no.  We've traveled with non D/D+ friends and none have ever had an issue with the fact they can't go in the lounge and we would never put the concierge in that position as we know the rules.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cinnamon said:

Thank you for the replies 

I seem to have stirred up a hornets nest. Due to the vitriol in some of the posts I don’t think I want to cruise on Royal now. 😢

No, don't get upset or take it personally. Just the usual cc snarkiness not to ever be taken seriously or offended by.  I had a post deleted on this thread and I was not in the least miffed about it.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BND said:

I think the OP took on the detour on this thread.  Reality is, the answer to her question is simple.  It's officially no.  We've traveled with non D/D+ friends and none have ever had an issue with the fact they can't go in the lounge and we would never put the concierge in that position as we know the rules.

Which detour? ADA or fake letter?

• Like 1

If all the diamond lounges are like the one on Oasis I'm not sure why anyone would want to go anyway. What a small, sad, depressing place that is. We stepped in to see how it was and promptly stepped right out and never went back. 

Edit. That's the diamond lounge anyway....did not step in the diamond + lounge as we are not that status.....didn't know there was one actually. 

The suite lounge on the other hand was great. 

Edited by Mapleleafforever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

If all the diamond lounges are like the one on Oasis I'm not sure why anyone would want to go anyway. What a small, sad, depressing place that is. We stepped in to see how it was and promptly stepped right out and never went back. 

Edit. That's the diamond lounge anyway....did not step in the diamond + lounge as we are not that status.....didn't know there was one actually. 

Was it just the four of you traveling or did you also have one set of grandparents with you?  We met a few families in CK with kids around the ages you have said yours are including one group that was also on deck 8.  I am wondering if that was you guys.

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Was it just the four of you traveling or did you also have one set of grandparents with you?  We met a few families in CK with kids around the ages you have said yours are including one group that was also on deck 8.  I am wondering if that was you guys.

Oh we were with my parents as well. We glued our girls to their tablets for dinners so as to not disturb other diners.....it worked, but may have worked too well as they were "zombified" for most meals. They've been on a strict no tablet rule since coming home. 

My parents usually have connecting staterooms with us but this time we were directly on the opposite sides. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Oh we were with my parents as well. We glued our girls to their tablets for dinners so as to not disturb other diners.....it worked, but may have worked too well as they were "zombified" for most meals. They've been on a strict no tablet rule since coming home. 

My parents usually have connecting staterooms with us but this time we were directly on the opposite sides. 

We ran into you guys almost everyday!  It was just my DH and I, he has a beard and mustache.  If you are who I think you are, we spoke to you the first day in CK after a woman sitting in the corner was going on and on about loud kids.  We all laughed because she was the loud one!  Your Mom had glasses and was in the cabin beside us. Small world. 🙂 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

We ran into you guys almost everyday!  It was just my DH and I, he has a beard and mustache.  If you are who I think you are, we spoke to you the first day in CK after a woman sitting in the corner was going on and on about loud kids.  We all laughed because she was the loud one!  Your Mom had glasses and was in the cabin beside us. Small world. 🙂 

Hahahahaha that's amazing!!! I remember that lunch well, I learned way too much about that lady during that meal hahaha. 

I hope you're both doing well, one of the best things about cruising is the nice people you meet along the way. 

In all seriousness, the CK and suite lounge was amazing that cruise, I'm not sure we would have had a good time if we had to wait to enter the WJ or had eaten in the MDR of which we heard many complaints. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Hahahahaha that's amazing!!! I remember that lunch well, I learned way too much about that lady during that meal hahaha. 

I hope you're both doing well, one of the best things about cruising is the nice people you meet along the way. 

In all seriousness, the CK and suite lounge was amazing that cruise, I'm not sure we would have had a good time if we had to wait to enter the WJ or had eaten in the MDR of which we heard many complaints. 

We enjoyed CK all week long too.  It was great running into your family and seeing what a good time your girls were having.  Hope to run into you again on a future cruise. 🙂 

13 hours ago, BiscayneBaby said:

Trust me, I know the difference. If your companion is deemed your caregiver and guardian they have absolute right and privilege to your activity! Wherever and whatever you do as long as you are accompanying them. Parent/child; caregiver/guardian. Not with the individual, then no of course. With them, then absolutely. Challenge this and you will lose a case.

I apologize for continuing down the detour, but as a mother with a child with a disability, I am quite familiar with ADA. You are wrong. It is up to the individual business if they want to make a reasonable accommodation for the caregiver.

Here is a FAQ that addresses some of the situations where a caregiver is not guaranteed access. 

https://adata.org/factsheet/ada-and-caregivers#:~:text=The ADA regulations that cover,%2C friend%2C or associate.”

It is absolutely up to the business if they want to make a reasonable accommodation for a caregiver.

Edited by cruise_co

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

As far as I know, there is NOT a Diamond plus lounge. 
m

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BiscayneBaby said:

Thank you  for increasing my client base.  This is the detail that makes me money. Thank you. Its often lost in court and, if you are a minority, you are deemed to own a cruiseline.

Huh?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cruise_co said:

I apologize for continuing down the detour, but as a mother with a child with a disability, I am quite familiar with ADA. You are wrong. It is up to the individual business if they want to make a reasonable accommodation for the caregiver.

Here is a FAQ that addresses some of the situations where a caregiver is not guaranteed access. 

https://adata.org/factsheet/ada-and-caregivers#:~:text=The ADA regulations that cover,%2C friend%2C or associate.”

It is absolutely up to the business if they want to make a reasonable accommodation for a caregiver.

You know, this thread isn't even about a caregiver, right? This poster decided to make it about that.

Per the document left in my stateroom.

"The Diamond Lounge is a private area reserved for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests only.  All members under the age of 21 years must always be accompanied by a parent or guardian.  The lounge is accessible 24 hours."

IMG_20230612_0359019342.thumb.jpg.42a08f4b93c4b80c00f247ddbdebe4d7.jpg

Thank you for posting the photo of the welcome letter.

OP-the third sentence from the bottom clearly states that friends and  family members who are not D,D+, P do not have access.  (I will assume that you were referring simply to a friend or cabin mate not a caregiver for a disability )

Enjoy  the  cruise. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thank you for posting the photo of the welcome letter.

OP-the third sentence from the bottom clearly states that friends and  family members who are not D,D+, P do not have access.  (I will assume that you were referring simply to a friend or cabin mate not a caregiver for a disability )

Enjoy  the  cruise. 

M

She said "friend or goddaughter".  

1 hour ago, BND said:

She said "friend or goddaughter".  

OK - I was simply trying to  get away from the medical caregiver discussion.   However, regardless if it is a friend, goddaughter or cabin mate,  the same rules apply. 

M