Would my companion be allowed into Diamond + Lounge with me?

Due to being widowed it’s some years since I’ve sailed on Royal. With my late husband we were Diamond Plus status. If a friend or my Goddaughter cruised with me now would she be able to come into the Diamond Plus lounge with me?  I can’t find an answer to this on the RCCI website. 
Thanks for any replies. 

2 minutes ago, cinnamon said:

Due to being widowed it’s some years since I’ve sailed on Royal. With my late husband we were Diamond Plus status. If a friend or my Goddaughter cruised with me now would she be able to come into the Diamond Plus lounge with me?  I can’t find an answer to this on the RCCI website. 
Thanks for any replies. 

First, there is no such thing as a Diamond Plus lounge.  There is a Diamond Lounge that is for Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle members.  Your friend or Goddaughter would not be allowed in unless they are at least Diamond level in the Crown & Anchor program.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cinnamon said:

Thank you. When I said Diamond plus lounge I think I meant Concierge. I had forgotten the name. 
So I’d get some vouchers to use in a bar while she pays for her drinks?

You’ll get vouchers for 5 drinks per day on your seapass card to use in any way you like. You can use them to buy a drink for your companion if you want. 
Chances are you could swipe your card to enter the Diamond Lounge and your companion could enter with you although it’s technically not allowed. 

Edited by HicksRA

57 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Chances are you could swipe your card to enter the Diamond Lounge and your companion could enter with you although it’s technically not allowed. 

Taking a chance does not seem worth the potential embarrassment........

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cinnamon said:

Thanks for any replies. 

In the last 10 years of going into the Diamond lounge with my wife, adult son and recently with my granddaughter no one has ever asked to see any ID .  Open the door and walk in. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

In the last 10 years of going into the Diamond lounge with my wife, adult son and recently with my granddaughter no one has ever asked to see any ID .  Open the door and walk in. 

I agree. Sometimes there’s someone checking at the door during happy hour, but I’ve never had anyone ask to see my status while in the DL. 

I’m the rebel D+ and took my sister in the lounge with me when she sailed with me. She doesn’t drink and I had the refreshment package. Never had an issue with the server. No one asked, and no one cared. We played cards and had some snacks since we like to eat dinner late. 

• Like 2

Now that the entrance to these lounges are embedded in your room card, the fact that you can open the door and enter, the staff inside assume you are allowed to enter.  Having someone who is not your spouse or child come in with you is up to the concierge managing the lounge.  Usually, it's the first day or two that these things are sorted out.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Not all the time but at least 1-2 my Cruises each yr they have checked cards at Door or in the Lounge when was Crowded. So it does happen and did see more then a Few asked to leave

• Like 1

Yes...they usually ask for your card on the first night...and remember these concierge's usually know who their guests are going to be...they can "see" your SeaPass picture on their computer.

So don't embarrass yourself or the person you're sailing with...We've also seen this happen more than once.

• Like 4

I don't think it makes any difference now, unless you have to have appetizers. You can share your voucher drinks in any bar or use your vouchers in the Diamond Club. It doesn't seem to be a big deal anymore. 

Given you have to hand your card over in the lounge to pay for drinks ( using your vouchers) they will soon spot she is not of the required status. Unless you just use your 5 vouchers then leave (which is not encouraging or condoning her illegal entry!) 

4 hours ago, twinmommy08 said:

I’m the rebel D+ and took my sister in the lounge with me when she sailed with me. She doesn’t drink and I had the refreshment package. Never had an issue with the server. No one asked, and no one cared. We played cards and had some snacks since we like to eat dinner late. 

It's exactly this kind of abuse of privileges that will eventually cause the loss of the Diamond lounge.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Not a loss really at all!

I would miss the coffee machine. I am surprised though that the Diamond Lounge still exists. Not because of abuse because I think that is minimal. With the vouchers they have an excuse to do away with it and not having a lounge would save them some money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

I don't think it makes any difference now, unless you have to have appetizers. You can share your voucher drinks in any bar or use your vouchers in the Diamond Club. It doesn't seem to be a big deal anymore. 

Probably the only difference would be that some D lounges don’t have lots of seating to allow for extra guests. But now that drinks are loaded on the seapass cards it’s not necessary to go there for the daily drinks

• Like 1