Would my companion be allowed into Diamond + Lounge with me?

Trust me, I know the difference. If your companion is deemed your caregiver and guardian they have absolute right and privilege to your activity! Wherever and whatever you do as long as you are accompanying them. Parent/child; caregiver/guardian. Not with the individual, then no of course. With them, then absolutely. Challenge this and you will lose a case.

18 minutes ago, BiscayneBaby said:

Not sure if you are questioning the law or deciding who has access

I don’t know why you are bringing up the ADA in this topic. It is about bringing a friend to the Diamond Lounge. You don’t understand the ADA though. It is not required to admit a caregiver under the ADA. They don’t have absolute right. The passenger can take that up with the special needs department.  

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a similar situation upcoming with a family member on a cruise we are looking to do out of Galveston in 2024 or 25.  She has cruised before with Royal.  She asked if she could go to the Diamond lounge with me as she is gold.  I said truthfully since by that time I will be D+, and I can use my 5 vouchers anywhere, I see no need to sneak you into a boring environment with appetizers and drinks both of which I can get elsewhere.  Only D lounge I liked and frequented was the Grandeur as the wifi signal was great in there.  I don't get the appeal.  Only good thing is the coffee at 6am but that's it for me.  On the Symphony, I was informed by another guest that the diamond lounge was for an "upper status cruiser" when I stopped by on Day 2 to check the area out.  Granted I had my gym clothes on so I obviously didn't fit the upper status mold at that time.  I told her that I worked there.  😁

• Haha 9

Law simply states that your companion/caregiver may accompany you wherever you go and be offered the same opportunities as long as they accompany you. The laws of US and Bahamas are direct and do not in any way divert from ADA travel.`````````

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I have a similar situation upcoming with a family member on a cruise we are looking to do out of Galveston in 2024 or 25.  She has cruised before with Royal.  She asked if she could go to the Diamond lounge with me as she is gold.  I said truthfully since by that time I will be D+, and I can use my 5 vouchers anywhere, I see no need to sneak you into a boring environment with appetizers and drinks both of which I can get elsewhere.  Only D lounge I liked and frequented was the Grandeur as the wifi signal was great in there.  I don't get the appeal.  Only good thing is the coffee at 6am but that's it for me.  On the Symphony, I was informed by another guest that the diamond lounge was for an "upper status cruiser" when I stopped by on Day 2 to check the area out.  Granted I had my gym clothes on so I obviously didn't fit the upper status mold at that time.  I told her that I worked there.  😁

Most diamond lounges have a regular lounge outside of the lounge where parents have sat with their kids. They go in and get coffee or snacks and being it out to the bar area outside the lounge and share the food or coffee. The diamond ambassador does know and checks first time someone visits. No need to try and sneak someone in. Other than sitting closer to a diamond or up, nothing else lost lol. 

Hope this gets resolution. as it may solve a similar dilemma.    My BIL has a friend, and his friends 3rd cousin met a dude once that was headed into Delta's Sky Lounge.  I'm wondering if I could tag along w/ him....he should be considered like a 5th removed acquaintance.    He doesn't have any visitor passes for guests, but with me being so important, I don't see that it should be an issue what-so-ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Most diamond lounges have a regular lounge outside of the lounge where parents have sat with their kids. They go in and get coffee or snacks and being it out to the bar area outside the lounge and share the food or coffee. The diamond ambassador does know and checks first time someone visits. No need to try and sneak someone in. Other than sitting closer to a diamond or up, nothing else lost lol. 

My point was I DON'T want to sneak anyone into the Diamond lounge because to me it isn't worth it.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Hope this gets resolution. as it may solve a similar dilemma.    My BIL has a friend, and his friends 3rd cousin met a dude once that was headed into Delta's Sky Lounge.  I'm wondering if I could tag along w/ him....he should be considered like a 5th removed acquaintance.    He doesn't have any visitor passes for guests, but with me being so important, I don't see that it should be an issue what-so-ever.

just wear a pinnacle pin.  Ebay may have some.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 hours ago, sowhat said:

Believe  what you want.

We received  the letter from the diamond  concierge and the four key cards.

Well, not sure what I believe, except that the background is IDENTICAL to my living room throw pillows!

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

just wear a pinnacle pin.  Ebay may have some.

Ahh, but the pin is not what gets you in, it's the card that opens the door.  Plus, if you wear the Pinn pin and go to a Pinn venue, they always check your cabin number.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, pcur said:

Well, not sure what I believe, except that the background is IDENTICAL to my living room throw pillows!

It's the aqua  throw that they used  to place on the beds before Royal Caribbean reduced  cabin services.

10 minutes ago, sowhat said:

It's the aqua  throw that they used  to place on the beds before Royal Caribbean reduced  cabin services.

What exactly were the circumstances?  A random invite?  LOL.  Or what?  Every letter we have ever received onboard was done on a computer and printed on "letterhead". What you posted looks like it was done on an old typewriter.   I have never once heard or seen anything like this happening on any ship.   

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 5:43 PM, cinnamon said:

Due to being widowed it’s some years since I’ve sailed on Royal. With my late husband we were Diamond Plus status. If a friend or my Goddaughter cruised with me now would she be able to come into the Diamond Plus lounge with me?  I can’t find an answer to this on the RCCI website. 
Thanks for any replies. 

It can be done, who you know, how nice your, add a similar explanation that you said, nice ,nice, nice. Tip, possibly, if they let you do it, tip definitely.

2 hours ago, pcur said:

Ahh, but the pin is not what gets you in, it's the card that opens the door.  Plus, if you wear the Pinn pin and go to a Pinn venue, they always check your cabin number.

I had no idea.  I usually say open sesame.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cinnamon said:

Thank you for the replies 

I seem to have stirred up a hornets nest. Due to the vitriol in some of the posts I don’t think I want to cruise on Royal now. 😢

You can’t say anything on this site without a few wasps waiting to jump in and sting you. 
But it shouldn’t have an impact on your decision to sail Royal or not. 

• Like 1