Regal Princess robes

beshears

I have cruised Princess a couple times, but mainly Carnival. I know there is always a robe (if you want it) in the room. Does Princess furnish robes, or if we want one, do we have to ask?

2 hours ago, beshears said:

I have cruised Princess a couple times, but mainly Carnival. I know there is always a robe (if you want it) in the room. Does Princess furnish robes, or if we want one, do we have to ask?

You can also request it using the medallion app on your phone before you even leave. 

Princess includes robes in every stateroom . May not be there on arrival as will be being laundered but should be there by the evening. Just mention to room steward when he introduces himself as a gentle reminder if not there.

• Like 1

It has been our experience that the robes are made of a waffle kind of cotton.

Supposed to fit all sizes, but I have always found them to be skimpy although I am a size 10-12. 
DH doesn’t even try to wear one.

Things may have changed though.

YMMV

MJ

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Supposed to fit all sizes, but I have always found them to be skimpy although I am a size 10-12. 

YMMV

MJ

They haven't. 😄

• Thanks 2

On 6/14/2023 at 4:02 PM, aquilegia said:

Whereabouts in the app can you request them?  The only choice I have in the room section of My Preferences is bed configuration.

Same for me. So I did a live chat with Princess and they basically said that only suites get them, which doesn't match with what we're being told here (why doesn't that surprise me?). We are driving to Southampton so no luggage restrictions - we'll just take our own!

On 6/15/2023 at 2:11 AM, Louby-Lou said:

Just back from Regal - robes in the room.  I'm a UK size 14 and they were way too big for me!

Me too. They maybe have 2 sizes. I’m small and I swim in it, but DH is 6’ 190 pounds ands they fit him fine.

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I do it online. In the personalizer there is a place to mark robes in room. The web personalizer works perfectly but if you prefer to fight the app by all means do so.

On our 5 cruises, I requested the robes.  At least twice, I had to request the steward to give them to us.

On 6/13/2023 at 9:37 AM, MJSailors said:

YMMV

MJ

Same here....While they may not be obviously different than before they are not that stretchy waffle material.....more cottony.  They are bigger or at lease not shrunken up like the old ones.  DH never wears his but I always do. 
BTW,  they are rarely in the cabin on the first day because they are still at the laundry from the previous sailing.

On 6/14/2023 at 8:02 AM, aquilegia said:

Whereabouts in the app can you request them?  The only choice I have in the room section of My Preferences is bed configuration.

You have to be on the ship to request them.  In the room service menu for ordering drinks and food is also an option called stateroom amenities.  You can order buckets of ice, pillows, robes, etc. there.  

On 6/15/2023 at 2:11 AM, Louby-Lou said:

Just back from Regal - robes in the room.  I'm a UK size 14 and they were way too big for me!

Robes on the Emerald Princess are also enormous!! Too big to be useful

13 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

You have to be on the ship to request them.  In the room service menu for ordering drinks and food is also an option called stateroom amenities.  You can order buckets of ice, pillows, robes, etc. there.  

In the app you can request a robe pre-cruise-just did it yesterday.

11 hours ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

Where? The only

preference choice I have is for queen/twin beds. 

It was in My Preferences under room but that section of the app is not working for me today. Everything else is okay.In some of the comments above others have mentioned this as well. You might want to try the online version to see if that's available there.

On 6/23/2023 at 3:35 AM, helby said:

It was in My Preferences under room but that section of the app is not working for me today. Everything else is okay.In some of the comments above others have mentioned this as well. You might want to try the online version to see if that's available there.

Are you in a suite? That may be why you have that port and I don’t. 

On 6/21/2023 at 12:58 PM, Crystaltipps67 said:

Same for me. So I did a live chat with Princess and they basically said that only suites get them, which doesn't match with what we're being told here (why doesn't that surprise me?). We are driving to Southampton so no luggage restrictions - we'll just take our own!

We haven't sailed with Princess since pre-COVID, but back then, the regular cabins had the thin, cotton waffle-type robes. The suites had plush terry robes. but every cabin had a robe.

It sounds like things haven't changed since then. So the rep might have been referring to the plush robes (rather than the thin ones).