Upgrade to Princess Plus Doesn’t work

jbobst

My brother and I have both been trying multiple times, on the app, on the website, with different browser, different devices (ipad, Windows laptop, android, iPhone) and we cannot get the upgrade process to work.  The problem is specifically where we are required to put in our credit card information.  We can enter all our other information but the credit card field and security code field do not work.  How do you get around this???

3 hours ago, jbobst said:

Right - but trying to avoid long phone queues.  I am able to buy other things on the website, but not the Plus package.

It's the solution so no option. Call first thing in the morning when they open for the fastest hold time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jbobst said:

My brother and I have both been trying multiple times, on the app, on the website, with different browser, different devices (ipad, Windows laptop, android, iPhone) and we cannot get the upgrade process to work.  The problem is specifically where we are required to put in our credit card information.  We can enter all our other information but the credit card field and security code field do not work.  How do you get around this???

I was able to upgrade packages in the chat.  Didn’t have to wait very long for the chat and I printed out the conversation 

• Like 1

Sometimes the credit card fails if you have a January expiry date. 

A work around is to enter a different month and year and then go back and change the month to January. It worked for me.

7 hours ago, jbobst said:

I would use the “Chat” feature vs calling Princess. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jbobst said:

Right - but trying to avoid long phone queues.  I am able to buy other things on the website, but not the Plus package.

Lesson learned,  Next time, use a decent cruise agency/agent.  When you need something you just send a quick e-mail to the agent and let them deal with the waiting time  

Hank

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barry H said:

Sometimes the credit card fails if you have a January expiry date. 

A work around is to enter a different month and year and then go back and change the month to January. It worked for me.

Seriously?!!! Only Princess can make a website which doesn't allow 1/12 of the cards work with out a work around! Glad you found a work around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

I was able to upgrade packages in the chat.  Didn’t have to wait very long for the chat and I printed out the conversation 

I was told on a chat conversation that the only option for me to upgrade to Plus was to call the TA that I booked through. The TA charges an admin fee per person so I'm going to wait and do it on board. I cannot fathom why Princess can't do it themselves. But actually, being from the UK this might be better as the UK price for Plus isn't a very good exchange rate compared to the $60 that I'll be charged on board. 

11 minutes ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

I was told on a chat conversation that the only option for me to upgrade to Plus was to call the TA that I booked through. The TA charges an admin fee per person so I'm going to wait and do it on board. I cannot fathom why Princess can't do it themselves. But actually, being from the UK this might be better as the UK price for Plus isn't a very good exchange rate compared to the $60 that I'll be charged on board. 

Guests booked with a TA need to make any fare changes, fare payments, cabin changes, and cancellations with their TA.  Other things you can do directly such as booking excursions or spa treatments.  The cruise fare is tied to TA commissions.  I would do it on board unless I was getting a discount from the TA.

23 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Guests booked with a TA need to make any fare changes, fare payments, cabin changes, and cancellations with their TA.  Other things you can do directly such as booking excursions or spa treatments.  The cruise fare is tied to TA commissions.  I would do it on board unless I was getting a discount from the TA.

I am surprised they can't buy a drink package as it is sold on the website similarly to paying tips online. Theoretically, I would think I could buy a water package via Princess.......

I agree about doing it onboard. It was easy.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

They are looking to upgrade to the Plus Fare package - not the separate beverage package.  (At least, I hope so, because it would be "pound foolish" to purchase the standalone beverage package).

I agree (Plus Fare package). I worded it wrong. Though when I was looking at purchasing it after final payment - it looked like it would be something I could easily do through Princess web even though I booked with an agent. I would have thought Princess would have assisted with this. They will assist with air and other things I can do on my personalizer with out my agent.

Though - it was cheaper to buy on the ship and I could use my OBC

Edited by Coral

2 hours ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

Yea it’s the Plus package I was looking to buy. I can upgrade pretty much anything apart from that on the App/website and bypass my TA. No idea why they don’t let you do that one!

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I agree (Plus Fare package). I worded it wrong. Though when I was looking at purchasing it after final payment - it looked like it would be something I could easily do through Princess web even though I booked with an agent. I would have thought Princess would have assisted with this. They will assist with air and other things I can do on my personalizer with out my agent.

Though - it was cheaper to buy on the ship and I could use my OBC

I think the answer is in my post #13.  The Plus and Premier packages are cruise fare related and commissionable for TA's and I think that is why guests must go through the TA as the cruise fare is directly increased.  What I do not know is if a guest - booked with a TA - orders Plus on board the ship, does the TA earn commission?  One would think not, since the TA was not involved in "selling" the package.  But, I have no idea.

38 minutes ago, Coral said:

I would guess no. No commission on this.

I’ve been wondering the same about purchased upgrades.  If I successfully bid on a higher level cabin, does my TA earn commission on that?

49 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

I’ve been wondering the same about purchased upgrades.  If I successfully bid on a higher level cabin, does my TA earn commission on that?

what did they do to 'earn' it?  you did the bid and paid Princess directly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

what did they do to 'earn' it?  you did the bid and paid Princess directly

I didn’t mean to suggest that they had earned anything, just curious if Princess rewarded them for it. I did mention to another TA in the office that I was booking a guarantee ocean view and hoped I could successfully bid for an upgrade to a balcony.  She gushed over that in such a way that I wondered if perhaps they were compensated - possibly not at the same rate as the original booking, but something less.

Edited by BamaVol

13 hours ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

My T/A has never changed me for any changes. Perhaps it makes a difference if your agent is not from the US. 

Tom😀

3 hours ago, trbarton said:

My T/A has never changed me for any changes. Perhaps it makes a difference if your agent is not from the US. 

Tom😀

Here in the UK they charge for anything and everything. In the UK we can’t bid to upgrade either. Nor can we get medallions sent to us. And I think we pay significantly more for the same cruise than you do in the US. It’s a hard knock life 😂