June 2023; Britannia.

What have you done?

Need I say more.😃

I read on these boards Malta is far better than that lot .😉🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Malta is a nice cruise destination we have been to several times.

For the thread I always take a screenshot of the app or interactive TV if our on board account shows on there.

Only once was our bill not in the docket outside our cabin door.

I always take the copy of our on board account home.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Malta is a nice cruise destination we have been to several times.

For the thread I always take a screenshot of the app or interactive TV if our on board account shows on there.

Only once was our bill not in the docket outside our cabin door.

I always take the copy of our on board account home.

Screen shots are an excellent idea .🙂

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Notebook64 said:

Hi all

does P and O send out a final bill via email or post on return?

went to log into myP&O and account deleted. 
thanks

We left Arcadia this morning and I agree that final statements as hard copies were in the "post" slot outside the cabin door when we awoke.  However, it was possible to check your statement as the cruise progressed on the app, which we did, so it was easy to do a final check the previous day.  The only problem with that was that only the lead booker could access the account on the app, and a second cabin occupant could not, (presuming your account has been set up to be combined into one joint account).  Hence as DH deals with the app and I really could not be bothered, yet I was the lead booker, he had to log into the app as me using my loggin details.  

Sadly the app cannot be used on Arcadia for booking the freedom dining restaurant, but it does work to book speciality restaurants or shore excursions.

1 hour ago, kalos said:

We did a TA special. 3 nights in Malta and 7 on Azura . I said to DW that I wouldn't mind doing that with a different cruise itinerary.  I got that look. Not if we have to stay in Malta.🤣

• Haha 4

Again info re drinking water in the cabin from Arcadia cruise we left this morning:-

We were able to buy 500ml cans of still or sparkling water from our cabin steward or room service.  Not cheap though - cost over seven pounds for six cans on a "Buy six for a reduced price" deal, though with a large amount of OBC was worth doing a couple of times, since we were in Scandinavia - In the Med we would have bought bottles of water ashore at good prices.

We took a few bottles of water onto the ship in Southampton as well as about a dozen cans of Diet Coke in a box and no problem doing that.  You could also fill bottle sin the buffet as long as you decant it into the bottles using a glass and do not put the bottle straight onto the dispenser.  The machines were very busy a meal times though, so not a good idea to do it then.  We filled a couple of water containers at the buffet occasionally, but did it late night when the buffet was closed.

12 minutes ago, tring said:

Again info re drinking water in the cabin from Arcadia cruise we left this morning:-

We were able to buy 500ml cans of still or sparkling water from our cabin steward or room service.  Not cheap though - cost over seven pounds for six cans on a "Buy six for a reduced price" deal, though with a large amount of OBC was worth doing a couple of times, since we were in Scandinavia - In the Med we would have bought bottles of water ashore at good prices.

We took a few bottles of water onto the ship in Southampton as well as about a dozen cans of Diet Coke in a box and no problem doing that.  You could also fill bottle sin the buffet as long as you decant it into the bottles using a glass and do not put the bottle straight onto the dispenser.  The machines were very busy a meal times though, so not a good idea to do it then.  We filled a couple of water containers at the buffet occasionally, but did it late night when the buffet was closed.

Isn't the water in the buffet the same as the cabin bathroom tap ? Some say stick it in the fridge for a better taste.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Pine Man said:

What's wrong with the tap water? 

On my last cruise I used it twice a day to take medication, I didn't notice any unpleasant taste and P&O say it's safe to drink.

Without wanting to start a water debate for some folk the ships water doesn't suit. I've only had it on one cruise and my legs were really swollen. Have never had it before or since.  As a result we stick to bottled water / cams

Totally agree re the cut backs .. another example.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Without wanting to start a water debate for some folk the ships water doesn't suit. I've only had it on one cruise and my legs were really swollen. Have never had it before or since.  As a result we stick to bottled water / cams

I'm sorry to hear that @Presto2.

I took my favourite Alta Rica coffee on board previously and boiled the ships tap water in the kettle.

The coffee tasted dreadful and nothing like it usually does.

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sorry to hear that @Presto2.

I took my favourite Alta Rica coffee on board previously and boiled the ships tap water in the kettle.

The coffee tasted dreadful and nothing like it usually does.

Not a major issue and we never complain about buying water. We had 12 cans on our last cruise which wasn't expensive and in hot countries we buy the bottles on shore and bring them back on. 😀

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Not a major issue and we never complain about buying water. We had 12 cans on our last cruise which wasn't expensive and in hot countries we buy the bottles on shore and bring them back on. 😀

I agree and we usually bring a bottle of sparkling water with us.

It is only a little thing which I mentioned on here that on our June Britannia cruise was missing when we boarded and I said it was another P&O cutback like night time turn down service etc.

All cruise lines have cut a lot of the extras/perks we used to get.

The new cruisers didn't know so don't miss them.

We love cruising so it is minor.

On our last cruise I only let our cabin steward in our cabin twice in 7 days but still gave him £20 tip for respecting our privacy but being there if we needed anything.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 10:44 AM, Selbourne said:

I have always found the statement to be correct, but P&O have a habit of adding small sums after the cruise that people know nothing about. This has been discussed previously on this forum. It is usually a ‘mini bar’ item that the steward has reported as missing when servicing the cabin for the next guest. As we never use the mini bar and ask for the contents to be removed, we have phoned and queried it and it’s been refunded, but I suspect that a lot of people don’t and it adds up to a tidy sum. Hopefully this dodgy practice has ceased, but when it was last discussed quite a few of us had experienced this. 

I just got back from Iona and have over £150 of pending charges on my bank account. I have no idea what they relate to. I emailed P&O but I suspect it'll be days before I get a reply.

40 minutes ago, jambalian said:

I just got back from Iona and have over £150 of pending charges on my bank account. I have no idea what they relate to. I emailed P&O but I suspect it'll be days before I get a reply.

If you used a debit card to pay your final bill then they are "holds" that P&O, other cruise lines and hotels put on your card to make sure your final bill came be paid. They will eventually drop off without payment but can take a while. That is why it is always best to register a credit card instead of debit to pay your final bill.

On 6/22/2023 at 9:12 PM, zap99 said:

We did a TA special. 3 nights in Malta and 7 on Azura . I said to DW that I wouldn't mind doing that with a different cruise itinerary.  I got that look. Not if we have to stay in Malta.🤣

On another thread re shareholder obc it would seem that it would not be applicable on that TA cruise - was it?   I ask because I am on a Canary Islands one in December.

38 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

If you used a debit card to pay your final bill then they are "holds" that P&O, other cruise lines and hotels put on your card to make sure your final bill came be paid. They will eventually drop off without payment but can take a while. That is why it is always best to register a credit card instead of debit to pay your final bill.

I could understand that if I hadn't made any payment, but the money I spent on board came out of my bank a couple of days ago. These charges have appeared since.

On 6/22/2023 at 11:07 AM, TigerB said:

Likewise, we never had an incorrect bill; I always monitor it as we go along.

The last time we had a mini-bar was on Britannia in 2018; I removed all items at the start and told our cabin steward.

Is it easy to do a daily check on what you've racked up so far?

On 6/23/2023 at 11:08 AM, Presto2 said:

We're going to Norway. Voss all the way for us 🙂

52 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

On another thread re shareholder obc it would seem that it would not be applicable on that TA cruise - was it?   I ask because I am on a Canary Islands one in December.

Go back to the other thread, molecrochip has explained the situation, which you may not have seen.  Also said that Carnival is sticking to the rules since the pandemic, though not necessarily before then. 

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It is, especially as there is always a concern when waiters walk off with your card then come back confused with who ordered what. 

Andy 

Ah so its not just us who have been given a random passengers card by a waiter 😆 

• Like 1