Epic and Escape Ships

Gigi816

In the standard balcony rooms I noticed these two ships have the sink out in the room area. The toilet has its own room and the shower also has its own room. This seems odd to me. Any other cruisers of these ships find it being odd as well? Just seems weird walking out of the bathroom to wash your hands next to your bed.

56 minutes ago, Gigi816 said:

In the standard balcony rooms I noticed these two ships have the sink out in the room area. The toilet has its own room and the shower also has its own room. This seems odd to me. Any other cruisers of these ships find it being odd as well? Just seems weird walking out of the bathroom to wash your hands next to your bed.

When we cruised on Epic this was not an issue for us. We had a room with the bed by the balcony. The bathroom set up is different, but not so bad.

Escape balcony cabins have very nice bathrooms that do not have the odd set up that Epic has.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gigi816 said:

In the standard balcony rooms I noticed these two ships have the sink out in the room area. The toilet has its own room and the shower also has its own room.

Where did you "notice this"? As others have stated, only Epic has that layout. Is there disinformation out there somewhere (dumb question)?

8 hours ago, Gigi816 said:

It is only the Epic. Kinda of a boutique hotel room set up (we have stayed in multiple, very expensive, boutique hotels that have similar set ups). We have sailed on the Epic 7 or 8 times and have absolutely no issue with the room set up. If you want a “bathroom”, you just draw the privacy curtain and you have a traditional bathroom. We never bother. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If you want a “bathroom”, you just draw the privacy curtain and you have a traditional bathroom. 

I am glad to hear you have absolutely no issue. Except many traditional bathrooms have a sink. We prefer to have the opportunity to wash our hands immediately after using the bathroom. On Epic, you have to touch doors and curtains before you can even get to a sink. NASTY.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

I am glad to hear you have absolutely no issue. Except many traditional bathrooms have a sink. We prefer to have the opportunity to wash our hands immediately after using the bathroom. On Epic, you have to touch doors and curtains before you can even get to a sink. NASTY.

Most proper toilets have a door. And you don’t have to use it if you don’t want. The resort that we are currently staying at right now does. And it is literally 1 step from the toilet to the sink. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

We had a room with the bed by the balcony

Yes…we did too,  we picked that setup so that we would be further away from the sink in the cabin. The Epic bathroom layout didn’t bother us,  loved the water fun on the ship.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

When we cruised on Epic this was not an issue for us. We had a room with the bed by the balcony. The bathroom set up is different, but not so bad.

Escape balcony cabins have very nice bathrooms that do not have the odd set up that Epic has.

Good to know, thank you!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RB9643 said:

Where did you "notice this"? As others have stated, only Epic has that layout. Is there disinformation out there somewhere (dumb question)?

My mistake relative to the Escape. I must have been looking at pictures of the Epic and thought it was the Escape.

Another issue with Epic balcony staterooms that doesn't get mentioned as often is the bed location AND the sink location. Bed near balcony and bed near sink are known differences but when the bed is near the sink, the location of the sink can be near the foot of the bed or near the head of the bed. With the way that the sink is shaped, water can splash out of it. 

30 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Another issue with Epic balcony staterooms that doesn't get mentioned as often is the bed location AND the sink location. Bed near balcony and bed near sink are known differences but when the bed is near the sink, the location of the sink can be near the foot of the bed or near the head of the bed. With the way that the sink is shaped, water can splash out of it. 

Is there a way to see where the sink is located in a particular stateroom?

25 minutes ago, Gigi816 said:

Is there a way to see where the sink is located in a particular stateroom?

Other than photo/video evidence of that particular stateroom, no. 

Bed location can usually be determined by looking at the deck plans but there are often errors on the deck plans. Again, it's best to look for photo/video evidence. 

Epic Deck 12 starboard, Fwd - one of the secret large, angled balcony near the elevators & stairs, listed as B4.

Pull that sliding curtain across for privacy & lock that front door so nobody walk into the cabin with the surprise. The toilet and shower closets didn't bother us, only wish that they have a towel rack and or shelf to keep things high & dry while taking the shower. 

PXL_20230502_140351033.thumb.jpg.97a67019aa0e088575bfc00bbdf3092c.jpg

The wash basin or sink is just too small, but space is very limited and the light switch is also hidden there, underneath the vanity mirror cabinet 🧐

PXL_20230430_095722237.thumb.jpg.7b9ccf822d336d9fa9cb9c99e585d17a.jpg

Edited by mking8288

14 hours ago, laudergayle said:

This is 12017 FWD large balcony on the Epic with bed by the balcony.  You can typically tell where the bed is located in the balcony rooms from the NCL deck plan.  

CD7B1545-58E4-44A3-993F-D548F3D755B6.jpeg

54588AFE-E4CA-44F7-9EAA-7911019E7C91.jpeg

Good to know... thank you!!

On 6/29/2023 at 6:10 AM, BirdTravels said:

Most proper toilets have a door. And you don’t have to use it if you don’t want. The resort that we are currently staying at right now does. And it is literally 1 step from the toilet to the sink. 

We just moved to a new resort hotel in Florida and have the same configuration as we did at our beach resort yesterday.  A toilet with a door (that can be optionally closed). Sink in the hall. 

IMG_6654.thumb.jpeg.43453aa03e92f072f374dd1f37a54ee5.jpeg

8 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We just moved to a new resort hotel in Florida and have the same configuration as we did at our beach resort yesterday.  A toilet with a door (that can be optionally closed). Sink in the hall. 

Yes..this layout is often found in hotels, BUT with the shower and toilet are in the same room with the sink vanity outside….and separated from the sleeping area.  That being stated…we loved our Epic cruise and would book again with right price/itinerary despite the different cabin configuration.  

Hope you “Birds’” are enjoying your new nest. 

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes, but the toilet and shower aren't in separate glass-encased rooms the size of a phone booth and when you run the water in the sink it doesn't splash onto the bed.  Not quite the same room layout as the Epic.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 1:56 PM, graphicguy said:

Epic has different rooms for the Toilet, the shower and the sink (which is actually in the living space). We liked it.  One person could be using the toilet room while the other is taking a shower.  

Absolutely!  This setup seems very convenient for two people sharing a cabin.  I don't understand what people are complaining/worrying about.  Perhaps I'm missing something.  

• Thanks 1