Price lowers after booking - can you rebook?

amzgirl

Let me preface this by saying I have not cruised since 2019 and I tried to search for an answer but could not find one.

I am planning a 30th anniversary cruise to Alaska in 2025, June, July, or August.

We have not cruised Celebrity, being RCCL cruisers, but I am liking the idea of Celebrity for that trip and since Celebrity honors RCCLs frequent cruiser program (at least they used to) and to have a bit of a different experience.

I understand that those itineraries will not come out until October or November 2023.  I want to put a deposit down ASAP so we get the location we want.

Does Celebrity adjust the fare if the price lowers after booking?  Is it very difficult to do?

Also if there is some way to be alerted when the cruises for summer 2025 come out, I would love to know how to do that.

Thanks in advance.

13 minutes ago, amzgirl said:

Let me preface this by saying I have not cruised since 2019 and I tried to search for an answer but could not find one.

I am planning a 30th anniversary cruise to Alaska in 2025, June, July, or August.

We have not cruised Celebrity, being RCCL cruisers, but I am liking the idea of Celebrity for that trip and since Celebrity honors RCCLs frequent cruiser program (at least they used to) and to have a bit of a different experience.

I understand that those itineraries will not come out until October or November 2023.  I want to put a deposit down ASAP so we get the location we want.

Does Celebrity adjust the fare if the price lowers after booking?  Is it very difficult to do?

Also if there is some way to be alerted when the cruises for summer 2025 come out, I would love to know how to do that.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can rebook and get the lower price prior to final payment.  However, the perks that you received will not be grandfathered in.  The perks you will receive with the new price will be those offered at that time.  As for the difficulty of making the adjustment, dealing directed with Celebrity can be frustrating as hold times are substantial. Changes must be made speaking to an agent directly. Some cruisers book with favorite travel agents.  

Edited by keesar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You could also request a Celebrity Personal Cruise Planner. He/she will have a direct extension number to call and work with you booking a cruise and follow up items, like price drops. Our PCP at X is pretty good at returning calls in at least a day. However, as mentioned, you could also secure a travel agent, who if good, will do all this for you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, amzgirl said:

Thanks in advance.

An Alaskan cruise sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate a 30th anniversary.  Based on last year, Celebrity will be releasing the 2025 Alaska season in mid-Nov.  Here is the release schedule that Celebrity posted last year.  You should monitor this forum in November to get the latest on when the new schedules come out.  Here was last year's thread: link

image.png.3182265c28be7a3a861fdcfd552899  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PROCRUISE said:

You could also request a Celebrity Personal Cruise Planner. He/she will have a direct extension number to call and work with you booking a cruise and follow up items, like price drops. Our PCP at X is pretty good at returning calls in at least a day. However, as mentioned, you could also secure a travel agent, who if good, will do all this for you.

Is sharing PVP name & ext on cruise critic allowed?  If so, I would like to get that info from you.  We recently cruised on and loved Celebrity and would like to have a reputable PVP.  

Whether or not it's allowed or not, personally I think it would be unfair to name and give direct details of a PVP here as they are likely to get swamped with extra calls to the detrement of people who have built a trusting realationship with them. Details of the cruise planners are on the Celebrity website, you could try picking one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You don't actually rebook if price goes down. You keep your original booking number and just get the price difference. If you cancel and rebook, you lose whatever perks you had with the original booking number. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 39august said:

You don't actually rebook if price goes down. You keep your original booking number and just get the price difference. If you cancel and rebook, you lose whatever perks you had with the original booking number. 

With repricing you get the perks offered at the current price which may be different than those included with the original price. 

We just repriced a Retreat  Booking for the 2nd time this weekend.  The 1st repricing the “promo” was the same so no change to perks.  This time the “promo” had $200 less OBC so when we repriced we saved $875 on the price but our OBC dropped from $1200 to $1000 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jelayne said:

With repricing you get the perks offered at the current price which may be different than those included with the original price. 

We just repriced a Retreat  Booking for the 2nd time this weekend.  The 1st repricing the “promo” was the same so no change to perks.  This time the “promo” had $200 less OBC so when we repriced we saved $875 on the price but our OBC dropped from $1200 to $1000 

Yes, quite true.  I am thinking that 39august is referring to the onboard booking perk (OBC) that you don't want to lose when cancelling/rebooking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Yes, quite true.  I am thinking that 39august is referring to the onboard booking perk (OBC) that you don't want to lose when cancelling/rebooking.

That’s correct for on board bookings.  The OP hasn’t cruised since 2019 and is looking to book a 2025 asap so unlikely it will be a onboard booking.

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That’s correct for on board bookings.  The OP hasn’t cruised since 2019 and is looking to book a 2025 asap so unlikely it will be a onboard booking.

I think it was offered as a general rule of thumb.

12 hours ago, RTR 21-0 said:

Is sharing PVP name & ext on cruise critic allowed?  If so, I would like to get that info from you.  We recently cruised on and loved Celebrity and would like to have a reputable PVP.  

Not really allowed, However, simply call X, push what number it says with regards to purchasing a cruise. then let them know you are seeking an X Cruise Planner. You can also call: 888-307-8413 and press #3 for a call back and assistance.

• Thanks 1

Very easy to get a price adjustment.    I just did it with the 4th of July Sale.    If you have an agent just let them know of the price reduction or call celebrity if booked direct.   Price matching is done up until final payment date.

I usually send my agent a screen shot of the new price.    

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

It is not so easy to get a price adjustment.  You can call the listed number to reach Celebrity and each time I have received a recording that your estimated wait  time is 4 minutes.  Typically, it runs between 60 and .... minutes.  It is unfortunate that there is no better way to reach Celebrity or to make an adjustment.

• Like 1

I use a UK based Celebrity TA.  She is great. 

Example just today, I have a Norway Cruise booked for next May.  She sorted out an E1 cabin for an E2 price (CC upgrade), and today I noticed a £350 price drop. 

Emailed her this morning and by the end of the day, I had a new invoice with the new price - so it can be done

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, vji6697 said:

I use a UK based Celebrity TA.  She is great. 

Example just today, I have a Norway Cruise booked for next May.  She sorted out an E1 cabin for an E2 price (CC upgrade), and today I noticed a £350 price drop. 

Emailed her this morning and by the end of the day, I had a new invoice with the new price - so it can be done

You are one of the lucky ones.

I used to have a Celebrity Agent who was fantastic.  Used him for 10 years.  Then came Covid.  Then assigned two others.  Phone calls not returned.  So I call the customer service number.  

We handle our arrangements ourselves. Twice I noticed a price decrease for our upcoming October cruise, I believe it was around March and May and got a reduction of about $600 each time. I just called Celebrity, it was quick and easy. I call early in the morning, maybe that helps the wait time. They made the change right away. There should be no concern with booking too early. As long as they are still selling your cabin category then you can get the price reduced.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, keesar said:

It is not so easy to get a price adjustment.  You can call the listed number to reach Celebrity and each time I have received a recording that your estimated wait  time is 4 minutes.  Typically, it runs between 60 and .... minutes.  It is unfortunate that there is no better way to reach Celebrity or to make an adjustment.

I called on Friday late afternoon and got a message 1minute hold time and then connected immediately.  Midway through the call it dropped. That is not uncommon in our rural area where when you go down a hill you may lose your call . Called back and again got connected immediately and after hold time while the rep waited on hold  for Resolutions the problem was resolved.  Kudos to Samuel who never gave up and kept me updated every 3-4 minutes.

On 7/11/2023 at 9:23 AM, 39august said:

Also, if you cancel your cruise booked with NRD, you will loose your deposit. Keep the same booking #.