Liberty interior promenade

So I booked 2 basic interior cabins for the Liberty coming up and got cabin assignments today and from I can tell and read, it looks like they are adjoining rooms with promenade view-I always thought promenade view was an upgrade-Is this typical to be assigned a promenade view when only booking a GTY interior?

thanks

12 minutes ago, peacefrog said:

so I have 6287 and 6289  is it safe to assume they are promenade view or am I jst delusional

thanks again

They look like connecting promenade view to me. Hope you don't mind being connected to whomever is in the other cabin. 🙈

I'm like @GetToLivin and have done it once.  I'm not sure of the sq footage difference but It seemed to me to be larger than a typical interior.  I felt like a balcony cabin without the balcony. DW sat in the little cove area and watched the shenanigans down below.  

• Like 1

Those are great cabins. There is a bench seat in front of the window. The cabin itself is larger than a normal interior.  There is almost no noise from the promenade, but you might hear a faint beat from some live music- but not at all obtrusive.  

You scored well!! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, peacefrog said:

guess I lucked out  I'm a fan of shenanigans  🤣

Lots to see if you like to 'people  watch' !  Also watch the parades if you are feeling lazy . We have always paid the difference when booking inside to upgrade to Promenade ... Until last fall. We did b2b.. Symphony (boardwalk balcony ), followed by Explorer (Promenade ). At the end of the week we realized we hadn't opened our curtains since the first day . After that we saw a great price for Wonder a couple months ago but price only good for an inside , so decided to give it a try , and loved it!!

We enjoyed the Prom view for many cruises ( And you will too ) but will no longer spend the extra to upgrade if choosing an inside cabin , 

Cheers

• Like 1

oh yeah.. I might as well get this out of the way too.. comes up in every promenade room thread... 

Close your curtains when you change. The people across from you can see perfectly into your cabin when you have the lights on.  

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

At the end of the week we realized we hadn't opened our curtains since the first day . After that we saw a great price for Wonder a couple months ago but price only good for an inside , so decided to give it a try , and loved it!!

We enjoyed the Prom view for many cruises ( And you will too ) but will no longer spend the extra to upgrade if choosing an inside cabin

Very similar to how my wife realized she didn't need a balcony. Her parents always got one when she cruised as a kid. I had never cruised until our honeymoon and she said balcony so we got a balcony. Got a couple more balconies after that. Then when we were exactly 4 points from Diamond, I suggested we go on the cheapest 4-night cruise from PC (an hour drive for us) just to get there... then we could go back to a balcony. We got an interior and she liked it. We realized we hardly used our balcony and she likes making the interior dark and cold for the occasional quick afternoon nap. We call it our cave.

Been sailing interiors ever since unless it's a family cruise and we're not paying.

1 hour ago, peacefrog said:

haha  don't think I wanna push my luck

This close chances of getting another connecting cabin slim let alone the ben and Jerry's cabin lol.

If the door between the cabins is locked I'm sure you know you can ask the steward to unlock the door. Enjoy. Sounds like a great assignment. I love pr cabins. 

4 minutes ago, artvlay said:

On liberty what is the best deck for a promenade cabin to avoid noise?

Only been in a promenade view once (on Indy, sister ship) and the only noise we experienced came from the promenade itself during parties/parades so not sure the deck matters a ton.

2 hours ago, Toddcan said:

oh yeah.. I might as well get this out of the way too.. comes up in every promenade room thread... 

Close your curtains when you change. The people across from you can see perfectly into your cabin when you have the lights on.  

And from the promenade. We had quite the show once when setting at Sorrento's 😬

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Very similar to how my wife realized she didn't need a balcony. Her parents always got one when she cruised as a kid. I had never cruised until our honeymoon and she said balcony so we got a balcony. Got a couple more balconies after that. Then when we were exactly 4 points from Diamond, I suggested we go on the cheapest 4-night cruise from PC (an hour drive for us) just to get there... then we could go back to a balcony. We got an interior and she liked it. We realized we hardly used our balcony and she likes making the interior dark and cold for the occasional quick afternoon nap. We call it our cave.

Been sailing interiors ever since unless it's a family cruise and we're not paying.

It was really amazing how easy being truly Dark comes to you in those caves !

We had been questioning for years just based on how little time we actually spend in there in a week if it is really worth the extra cash for us ... I'm glad we took the leap and found out .

I'll still stay away from guarantee's though

• Like 1