Drinks. Drinks. Drinks. Drinks.

deltahog

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Not to exceed 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person. 

At least n Florida, we have always brought 4 - 2 packs each.  Have you been stopped and had them taken away?

Edited by kywildcatfanone

9 hours ago, deltahog said:

It was in one of the CruiseCritic reviews of a 2022 sailing on the Discovery.  Maybe one of the initial sailings.

Whoever did it obviously wasn't aware of the Barista station in the bakery area on the Royal Class ships.  We got it with no problem on the Discovery for 14 days in April of 2022 as well as the Majestic for 14 days in May and June of 2023.  Another poster mentioned it was available on the Sky.  All 3 of these ships are Royal Class, so they are all similar for the most part.

When I last sailed out of Barcelona, there was a liquor store at the gangplank. We stowed our luggage then went back down repeatedly to stock up. One member of our group is a beer drinker, and he brought a couple of cases onboard. Laughably, there was an unmanned "amnesty" table between the liquor store and the gangplank with instructions to leave any liquor behind. If there had been any, "someone" would have taken it. 😁

Pretty much all over Europe, the liquor rules aren't enforced.

I've just booked my 5th Princess cruise on the Enchanted for next year.  We are not alcohol drinkers but big coffee drinkers and always purchased the coffee cards.  I know they no longer have them.  Is our only alternative to pay full price for every brewed coffee at the International Cafe?

On 7/14/2023 at 3:45 PM, deltahog said:

Thank you mtnesterz.

I should have mentioned, Discovery Princess, sailing from Seattle.

Only responding about the Discovery & its sister ship Enchanted. Other ships were slightly different.

Buffet: specialty coffees (charge) & ice cream (nc) available in the buffet. Also lemonade at lunch & assume they have juice for breakfast but I eat in MDR unless hunting down ice cream

MDR: Lemonade, ice tea, hot tea, coffee,  juice. No charge. Never ordered juice with dinner -- that's a pot of tea for me. But I have it with breakfast & lunch. There's a charge for other beverages 

46 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

I've just booked my 5th Princess cruise on the Enchanted for next year.  We are not alcohol drinkers but big coffee drinkers and always purchased the coffee cards.  I know they no longer have them.  Is our only alternative to pay full price for every brewed coffee at the International Cafe?

The alcohol and highest non alcoholic drink packages include the coffee at the IC.  You'll have to figure if it's worth the price or to buy ala carte

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2023 at 9:43 AM, travelin.sisters said:

I fill a glass from the dispenser & use it to pour into my bottle thank you...the Discovery apparently has the kind of dispensers that are specifically designed for refillable bottles where you put the bottle on the base well below where the water comes out & push a button to fill 

Discovery Princess March 2023 - it's located after the hand washing stations in the buffet

IMG_0794.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2023 at 3:15 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

At least n Florida, we have always brought 4 - 2 packs each.  Have you been stopped and had them taken away?

Just letting you know what Princess policy (allowed amounts) is for carrying on water and soda. We don't bring water and soda onboard. 

Edited by davekathy

32 minutes ago, davekathy said:
On 7/15/2023 at 2:15 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

Just letting you know what Princess policy (allowed amounts) is for carrying on water and soda. We don't bring water and soda onboard. 

Me either but I always carry on 1-2 bottles of wine (1 per week & take home what I trade minibar for). Except on my last cruise (5/27-6/17/23) I carried on 2 bottles and a mini bottle of champagne.  They just wanted to make sure that 3rd bottle was wine ... just took my word for it. Never charged me 😉

Rules say 1 bottle per adult

Adding: 12 bottles water = $7.08 in personalizer 

Edited by Ombud

On 7/14/2023 at 3:38 PM, deltahog said:

I have read many reviews at this point so I don't remember the specific location.  No one ever mentions what is available but I gleaned that alcohol (of course) and soda (ok) and juice (most of the time) are only available on paid packages.  Someone had a long complaint about getting "specialty" coffees and how difficult that was at the buffet and how long that took.  They were on a ++ package.

No one in any review I read simply said "here's what you get if you buy no packages."  Thanks, your post was comprehensive.

Here's what you get, if you buy no packages:

Breakfast: OJ, coffee (depending on the ship...good to not so good), tap water, various teas (Lipton and Bigelow IIRC), tomato, prune, grapefruit?, there may be others.

Lunch: Coffee, teas (as above), tap water, lemonade

Dinner: same as lunch (not sure about lemonade)

Edited by JF - retired RRT

33 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Here's what you get, if you buy no packages:

Breakfast: OJ, coffee (depending on the ship...good to not so good), tap water, various teas (Lipton and Bigelow IIRC), tomato, prune, grapefruit?, there may be others.

Lunch: Coffee, teas (as above), tap water, lemonade

Dinner: same as lunch (not sure about lemonade)

also iced tea....

6 hours ago, Bilge Rats said:

What brand of tea does Princess offer in the buffet and main dining room?  Twinings? Lipton? Something else?  I am asking about hot tea options, not iced tea.  Thanks.

I've seen Twinings (many varieties) and Lipton.  I think I've seen Celestial herbal teas as well.  If you want Luzianne for making your own ice tea, you need to bring your own.  The ice tea from concentrate is awful.

12 hours ago, Bilge Rats said:

What brand of tea does Princess offer in the buffet and main dining room?  Twinings? Lipton? Something else?  I am asking about hot tea options, not iced tea.  Thanks.

I wouldn't say the iced tea tastes awful.  It is, however, often extremely strong.  So, nowadays, I usually just order an Arnold Palmer, but back when we had access to the drink stations ourselves, I'd dilute it by pouring 60% tea/40% water and it was fine. 

Never seen Twinings, but definitely have seen Bigelow flavored teas and "regular" Lipton. 

On 7/15/2023 at 5:46 PM, david63 said:

For hygiene reasons bottles of any description should NEVER be filled from the dispensers in the buffet of any ship on any cruise line.

Fill a cup with water and pour that into your water bottle.  Think of where the drinking spout on your bottle has been and what you are sharing when you put that spout into the dispenser.