Perfect Day question

Is it fine to leave your rented float mats at your beach chair seats? I know it is probably a silly question, but figured I would ask peoples opinions before I told my husband that it would be fine to go to the buffet and leave the mats at our seats:-)

2 minutes ago, balcony4u said:

Is it fine to leave your rented float mats at your beach chair seats? I know it is probably a silly question, but figured I would ask peoples opinions before I told my husband that it would be fine to go to the buffet and leave the mats at our seats:-)

Buffet back on the ship? Did you pay for a area?

I have not seen a free buffet but there could be one. I was looking for the snack place with the funnel cake. There is free food on coco cay.

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I have not seen a free buffet but there could be one. I was looking for the snack place with the funnel cake. There is free food on coco cay.

There is a HUGE buffet on Coco Cay. And absolutely fine to leave them with beach chairs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

There are two buffets on CocoCay, Chill Grill and Skipper's Grill. They're identical and have an excellent taco bar with freshly made tortillas (better than El Loco Fresh, IMO). Also several salads, hot sandwiches, burgers, dogs, brownies, cookies, soft serve, etc.

I alternate between the Snack Shack (chicken sandwiches, mozzarella sticks, funnel cakes) and Chill Grill. Big fan of both.

25 minutes ago, balcony4u said:

Yes, you can leave them at your chairs.  I would put the between the chairs or under them a bit so no one runs off with them.  We bring inflatable pool noodles which my DH blows up when we get to the beach.  We have left them on our lounge chairs and gone for food in the past but we usually but them under our towels so they don't get taken or blow away.

19 minutes ago, BLAMBKY said:

There is a HUGE buffet on Coco Cay. And absolutely fine to leave them with beach chairs.

Lol I missed it then lol. I had tunnel vision to find that funnel cake. 

Only been one other time very very long ago before funnel cake and other improvements.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

There are two very large buffets on the island capable of feeding two large ships. Salads, tacos, fruit, desserts, ice cream, hot food (burgers, hot dogs, bbq). 

4 hours ago, balcony4u said:

We didn't have rented mats, but we left our towels and beach bag with sunscreen, etc. on our chairs.  No problems.  Maybe put your mats UNDER your chairs?  

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I missed it then lol. I had tunnel vision to find that funnel cake ... 

Are you saying you had FUNNEL VISION?

• Haha 3

On Labadee, our mats were taken out of our cabana. And at one point, I turned just in time to see a girl sneaking up to take my replacement mat, while her mother watched. When I grabbed it away, the mother just shrugged and turned around. So a lot depends on your fellow passengers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, motherof said:

On Labadee, our mats were taken out of our cabana. And at one point, I turned just in time to see a girl sneaking up to take my replacement mat, while her mother watched. When I grabbed it away, the mother just shrugged and turned around. So a lot depends on your fellow passengers.

WOW, just unbelievable.  We've always left our things on our chairs at Coco Cay with no problems!  I'm shocked that this happened to you on Labadee.  It just makes me sad.

15 hours ago, motherof said:

10 hours ago, alex_drew said:

WOW, just unbelievable.  We've always left our things on our chairs at Coco Cay with no problems!  I'm shocked that this happened to you on Labadee.  It just makes me sad.

We rented a Cabana at Barefoot Beach this past January.  They have two of padded loungers on the wood platform and had setup two or three of the regular loungers right in front of the platform.  Literally touching so that it was obvious they went with the Cabana.  The Cabana Attendant gives the welcome speech and did say those were part of the cabana setup along with the mats.  No problem, same as before.

DH had left for zip line and the kids went over to the water park.  So, it was just me inside staying out of the sun.  It was pretty crowded, and this one gentleman couldn't find enough loungers for his family, he arrived later in the morning.  So, he came over and started dragging our loungers away.  I said, excuse me, those belong with the cabana.  He immediately became angry yelled at me no they did not and tried to take them again.  I was more in shock than anything and said yes, they are part of the cabana I paid for.  He stomped off and found a manager and proceeded to yell at him about the loungers.  He was brought different loungers but was not given ours.  If he had asked, I probably would have said sure.  Although, I don't know how they track equipment assigned to cabanas.

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

We rented a Cabana at Barefoot Beach this past January.  They have two of padded loungers on the wood platform and had setup two or three of the regular loungers right in front of the platform.  Literally touching so that it was obvious they went with the Cabana.  The Cabana Attendant gives the welcome speech and did say those were part of the cabana setup along with the mats.  No problem, same as before.

DH had left for zip line and the kids went over to the water park.  So, it was just me inside staying out of the sun.  It was pretty crowded, and this one gentleman couldn't find enough loungers for his family, he arrived later in the morning.  So, he came over and started dragging our loungers away.  I said, excuse me, those belong with the cabana.  He immediately became angry yelled at me no they did not and tried to take them again.  I was more in shock than anything and said yes, they are part of the cabana I paid for.  He stomped off and found a manager and proceeded to yell at him about the loungers.  He was brought different loungers but was not given ours.  If he had asked, I probably would have said sure.  Although, I don't know how they track equipment assigned to cabanas.

Wow!  

• Like 1

On 7/18/2023 at 6:41 AM, jk04 said:

Lol- we had a beach bed several years ago, and we made friends with the couples around us.  We all went into the water, and a couple came up and started using the beach beds and taking selfies.  One of our new friends started yelling at them that they were reserved, and they left.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Lol- we had a beach bed several years ago, and we made friends with the couples around us.  We all went into the water, and a couple came up and started using the beach beds and taking selfies.  One of our new friends started yelling at them that they were reserved, and they left.

I know, people just assume they can just take whatever they want.  I'm sure you had your things there, so it was obvious the bed was being used.  I guess people may not know there are items that are fee-based.  Pretty sure all of the cabanas, don't know about the beach beds, have a sign with a name.

39 minutes ago, jk04 said:

I know, people just assume they can just take whatever they want.  I'm sure you had your things there, so it was obvious the bed was being used.  I guess people may not know there are items that are fee-based.  Pretty sure all of the cabanas, don't know about the beach beds, have a sign with a name.

Beach beds also have a sign with the name of the party renting it. 

• Like 1